Hard Doom is a replacement/enhancement mod that replaces all monsters in Doom 2 with versions that are similar in role, but more dangerous. In general, Hard Doom is geared towards players who want a more difficult, genuine survival experience, and it has a variety of visual effects that are more subtle and don't block your view of the action. Over the years since its initial release, it has been meticulously balanced and rebalanced, with new features and effects added to make this a great mod to play through the popular megawads with, without changing Doom's flavor or core gameplay. This mod requires ZDoom, GZDoom, or Zandronum in order to play!
The latest release version 8.3.1 is here! It includes proper fast monster support and fixes some bugs.
* CVARS For Hosting *
sv_shotgunstart - Enable this to start with the Shotgun and 8 Shells.
sv_ssgdrop - Enable this to make SSGers drop the SSG.
sv_smartaim 3 - Make sure to set this so BFG tracers won't hit other players.
* Change List *
1. Fixed a typo in the Minigunner's XDeath state. This should fix the bug where he can't drop a Minigun when gibbed.
2. Fixed the missing bullet decals on the Nazi Officer.
3. Made bullet casings fade out when fully submerged in water.
4. Adjusted the torch effect so it should always render when in view and never render when not in view.
5. Fixed fast monster support. Now enemies melee is fast and Demon's movement is fast.