FHSW 0.6 released!
FHSW has been released and there's a lot of new stuff which the devs haven't shown us in previous news. Sorry when I skip over a lot of the new things but I don't want to break moddb with a one million characters article. ;)
How to install?
Please follow the instructions of this guide.
In short, you need:
- Battlefield 1942 1.61b (CD) or 1.62 (Origin)
- Forgotten Hope 0.7
- Forgotten Hope Fan Mappack 6
- Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon 0.6
I only included the big changes, if you want to see all changes please visit the official dev blog entry linked at the bottom.
- Bug fixed which made it possible to spawn multiple mobile AT guns.
- Added a new Horse kit to Japan, Germany, Soviet Union and France. Upon dismount the horse is “stored” in your inventory similarly to the existing mortar/mg kits.
- Since new pistols were added there are more random pistol kits for US and Great Britain.
- Increased gun movement (rotation, elevation) on horses.
- Added Horse minimap icon.
- Heavily reduced the amount of destructible objects on maps to increase overall stability.
- Increased anti-tank damage of explosives.
- Added a range drum to mortars similar to Sturmtiger’s. It’s now possible to calculate shots with more precision.
- 81 mm mortar: ammo, power and rate of fire enhanced. As a new feature you can adjust the mortar’s horizontal orientation in seat 1 which is really helpful when the mortar is placed on a slope.
- Invisible barriers added to some maps to avoid mainbase artillery shelling.
- New effects on naval maps.
- Amount of randomized equipment on tanks reduced to increase stability.
- Increased visible distance for signal pistols.
- Fixed some hand weapon animation bugs.
- Bug fixed which caused bombs to hit your own aircraft when level bombing.
- Changed some sniper rifle scopes.
- 57 mm M18 (recoilless rifle): related news
- M1917 revolver
- .30 cal. Carbine revolver
- New Bazooka projectiles: related news
- SB2C Helldiver (dive bomber): related news
- FM-2 Wildcat (fighter): F4F variant optimized for small-carrier operations
- CVE-73 Gambier Bay (escort carrier): related news
- CA-24 Pensacola (heavy cruiser): related news
- CA-26 Northampton (heavy cruiser): related news
- CL-55 Cleveland (light cruiser)
- CVL-22 Independence (aircraft carrier)
- M36B1 (tank destroyer): Sherman chassis with the M36 Jackson turret.
- Added roof to M36 Jackson’s turret, armour is pretty thin however
- P-51H Mustang (fighter): flight performance adjusted, new texture added
- PT 16 (armoured train): first armoured train in FHSW, good protection with up to 100 mm armour
- E-25 (tank destroyer): proposed design to replace Panzer III/IV tank hunters, armed with Panther’s 75 mm gun, secondary armament is a 30 mm MK 108
- E-25 PAW 1000 (tank destroyer): main gun replaced with the 10 cm PAW 1000 which utilized a high-low pressure system to fire hollow charge warheads, low muzzle velocity which makes it hard to aim
- E-10 (tank destroyer): proposed design to replace "Hetzer", you can lower the suspension with the up/down keys to create a smaller profile
- Maus with flamethrower as secondary armament
- Panzer III Ausf. E (medium tank): initial production model with 37 mm gun and two coaxial machine guns, has more horsepower than later versions which makes it faster
- Panzer III Ausf. G (medium tank): improved variant with 50 mm gun
- StuG III Ausf. A (assault gun): initial production model
- Flettner (helicopter): added two extra seats with fixed hand weapons.
- VK1602 (MAN): gun changed from 75 mm KwK 41 to 50 mm KwK 39
- IS-4 (heavy tank): successor of IS-2, better armoured, faster reload because of the bigger turret
- Object 701-1: IS-4 prototype with 122 mm gun S-34-II, higher penetration than regular IS-4
- Object 701-2: IS-4 prototype with 100 mm gun S-34-I
- IS-4 with coaxial flamethrower
- T-44 (medium tank): successor of T-34 with a lot of improvements, armour protection is almost as good as Panther’s
- SU-A-19 (tank destroyer): Kirov factory proposed to arm half of the SU-152 with 122 mm A-19 guns to increase its anti-tank capabilities especially at long ranges, but never went into production
- SU-152: texture changed, added additional pistol ports
- RCL 3.45inch Mk 1 (recoilless rifle): related news
- FN Browning Hi-Power
- A41 Centurion Mk 1 (main battle tank): initial design, well armoured, powerful 17 pdr gun, 20 mm coaxial gun: excellent tank
- Centurion Mk. IV: proposed variant of the Centurion with 95 mm howitzer
- Tortoise (super heavy tank): related news
- AT17 (super heavy tank): related news
- Crusader I (medium tank): added smoke grenade launcher
- Crusader I CS: equipped with 3 inch howitzer for infantry support
- Crusader I with Meteor engine: prototype with a very powerful engine, up to 80 km/h
- Crusader II: removed MG turret, slightly better armoured front hull
- Crusader III: remodelled, now clearly distinguishable from Crusader I and II
- Crusader AA: armed with twin 20 mm Oerlikon, good mobility and firepower against aircraft and soft targets
- A28 Infantry Tank: related news
- Comet (medium tank): related news
- Cromwell: added variant with 75 mm gun
- 6 pdr “Canuck gun”: standard 6 pdr with extended caliber.
- P26/40 (medium tank): often called the best Italian tank of WW2, overall performance similar to M4 Sherman
- 75 mm EPS: armour-piercing projectile, added to P26/40 and Semovente
- L3/33 (tankette): armed with machine guns
- L3 Lf: flamethrower variant
- L3 cc: equipped with 20 mm anti-tank rifle
- SPA38R (truck): replaces the Opel Blitz on Italian maps, a special version is available which lets you carry a L3 tankette in the back
- Added new tank sights
- Kawanishi H8K "Emily" (flying boat): related news
- Yokosuka D4Y Suisei (dive bomber): can carry one 500 kg bomb
- Ise (hybrid battleship): related news
- Zuiho (aircraft carrier): related news
- Junyo (aircraft carrier): planned as fast luxury passenger liner then redesigned to light aircraft carrier, low armour but decent AA capabilities
- Yubari (light cruiser): experimental cruiser to test various new designs and technologies, was later also used in the war
- Type 26 revolver
- Type 10 signal pistol
- Battle of Leyte Gulf Day 2: related news
- Eagles Nest 1946: from the official add-on “Secret Weapons of WWII”
- FHT Operation Dracula: GB vs Japan in 1945, in reality Japan evacuated before the British reached the city. What if they stood their ground?
- Midway-1942: major overhaul
- Monte Cassino: from the official add-on “Road to Rome”
- Salerno: from the official add-on “Road to Rome”
- The Merville Battery: readded
- Operation Varsity: Allies want to secure bridges over the Rhine, can you stop them?
- Way to Paris 1946: What if Soviet Union did not stop in Berlin but went further westwards?
- Westminster: Germany has landed on the British mainland and is now attacking London.
- Westwall 1945: Allied troops have to break through this deep defensive line to reach Germany.
As you've probably heard Gamespy shut down the online support for BF1942 which means either your game locks up or it doesn't show any servers when updating the in-game server browser. But as always the community puts EA to shame and within days a solution was available, huge thanks to the creator s[sk]. I included the fix into the FHSW installer so no additional steps are required to play online. Go to here if you want some information about the changes he did.
Where to play?
As you might or might not know FHSW is a pure multiplayer mod, the game crashes if you try to play singleplayer. There are two servers but you'll only see players on them at specific times.
The European server is generally populated on weekend evenings CET. Most players are online during "Events" which take place each Sunday at 7 pm CET:
Alternatively there's the Japanese server which is always full at about 8 pm JST. Be aware that you'll get kicked with a high ping which you usually have when connecting from Europe or the America East.
FHSW 0.6 released!