A Large overhaul mod for Forces of Corruption. Aimed Primarily to improve the base game while adding new features and keeping it lore-consistent. Makes use of resources with permission from popular modders such as Warb_Null, The_Farseer and Nomada Firefox. Please take note of two very important aspects of the mod. Firstly, I am not going to do anything or post concepts of anything I am not going to do, or will be extremely difficult to accomplish in the game engine. Secondly, the mod is primarily for Galactic Conquest in Hard mode starting from TECH 1. Other modes of play will imbalance and ruin the experience as they are not fully functional.
I'm officially stopping naming these weekly. But at least progress is being made.
Posted by silverjoe on Jun 24th, 2013
I won't lie, not as much has been done as I'd have liked since I finished my exams but I've gotten a good chunk done recently. I've been focusing a lot on restructuring the internal file system of the mod to make it about 20x easier for me to code things, isolate problems and add new files.
As I'm sure many have noticed, I've popped in a few units here and there, and have been redoing models from the content pack I showed last progress report. Reaction has been mixed, people seem to like the models but not so much the textures.
In response to this, I'm going to reiterate what I've said before because it's bugging me a bit. I DON'T texture. I have no desire to learn and unless we get a semi-decent one on the team I'm not going to do anything besides basic saturation/contrast edits. Secondly the pack is huge and provided as a free resource to the community from the very generous Nomada_Firefox and EvilleJedi, so to those who have complained frequently I'd recommend redoing the texture and sending it to me before insulting someone else's work.
Anyway off the negative side, my main three things left to do before 0.5.5 will be released are tweaking the zann consortium to be more pirate consortium, bug and balance fixes, and adding another Galactic Conquest map. I'd like user feedback on what area of space you'd like the new map to focus on!
So far with regards to galactic conquest I have:
- Renamed "A galaxy far far away" to "Total Conquest"
- Made a "Total Conquest" variant with the Pirate faction
- Added a new conquest called "Hydian Sieges"
- Added a variant with the Pirate faction
The Hydian Sieges Map is loosely based off this source. Check it out at Media.moddb.com
As for other changes I will repost the changelog from the other news log plus new changes.
- Added the Quasar Fire Carrier
- Added the Munificent Frigate
- Added the Eidolon Strike Cruiser
- Added the Providence Cruiser
- Added the Recusant Frigate
- Added the Lucrehulk Command Ship
New Models for:
- Corellian CR90 Corvette
- Corellian Gunship
- Y-wing Bomber
- Nebulon-B frigate
- Acclamator frigate
- MC40 frigate
- MC90 battleship
- MC80 Liberty cruiser
- Fixed buildable TIE Interceptor in GC mode (they have no hyperdrive)
- Fixed some bombers and fighters not having squads of 12
- Fixed some hardpoints still being invisible/broken
- Fixed the GC mode radar minimap not working
- Fixed broken MC40 deathclone
- Fixed always-buildable Tartan corvette
- Fixed OP victory unlimited ability
- Fixed broken commercial dock, had hardpoints and is weaker now - THANKS MAKROPONY!
- Fixed broken kamino ground/space map - THANKS MAKROPONY!
- Fixed bombers, corvettes not firing
- Fixed proton torpedoes not hitting Nebulon-B - THANKS MAKROPONY!
- Merged Nebulon-B and Nebulon-B Support frigate into one unit
- Added two new GC maps
- Re-enabled pirates
- Lowered starbase shield refresh rate
- Resized fighters/bombers
- Infantry squads are now 12 man
- Made all planets slightly smaller
- Removed pelleaon and TIE predator as they didnt fit with the Era
I may have missed a few minor things but i'm steaming on progress-wise. Tentative release date around early July time for 0.5.5.
As always looking for people to help in any way possible. Please email or PM me on here, or even drop a comment if you think you can help.
Many thanks for continued support.