Warning for Desura users: you need to manually make a backup of patch.dat and patch.fat file in your Data_Win32 folder inside Far Cry 2 directory just to be safe. Mini-mod aiming to decrease costs for weapons and upgrades, increase damage, reduce recoil and reduce weapon degradation, while not taking away the immersion and realism already present in Far Cry 2.
0.3 Beta released! Cheaper weapons and upgrades! More effective upgrades and more ammo for harder difficulties!
FCR V0.3 Readme
1. Back-up Patch.fat and Patch.dat files in Far Cry 2\Data_Win32\ Directory to wherever is easiest/most practical for you
2. Extract and overwrite Patch.fat and Patch.dat files from Mod archive
3. Run the game
- All weapons have reduced costs (5, 10 or 15 diamonds)
- All manuals have reduced costs (2 diamonds for weapons manuals and 5 diamonds for vehicle upgrades)
- All utilities have reduced costs
- All weapons manuals are more effective
- 50% more damage
- 50% less degradation (as opposed to default 20%)
- 60% less recoil (as opposed to default 20%)
- Selected utilities are more effective
- More ammunition available for bandolier upgrades in Hardcore and Infamous (unchanged for Easy/Normal)
- Camouflage provides a 100% bonus - i.e. twice as hard to detect!
YOU WILL NEED FAR CRY 2 TO BE UPDATED TO VERSION 1.03 AND THE FORTUNES DLC INSTALLED