Fight a massive deep space war and participate in the destruction of capital ships in this innovative blend of FPS and space combat. Bomb important systems, escort a squad of marines to cause damage from the inside. Watch as railguns fire projectiles the size of buses at the enemy hull. Fight with many futuristic weapons including a flamethrower and remote controlled SMG.
Eternal Silence releases a compact patch to address balance issues and fix exploits.
Posted by MadMechwarrior on Jul 6th, 2009
I was in an Eternal Silence mood this week, so I put together a small balance patch for you guys. This should fix a lot of gameplay issues we've been hearing about for months. Don't ask why it took so long... I've been busy . The patch is live on Steam right now, you should automatically receive it when you go to run the game.
- All weapon reload and draw times were tweaked (yay!)
- Bombers now locked similar to gunships
- Increased carbine melee damage by 10 points
- Decreased tank buster damage slightly
- Increase time to hack subsystem (add ghost) by 1 second.
- Reduce capship damage from bombs by half.
- Added hard cap to tactical ship speed to prevent exploit.
- Added auto-recapture on Hardcore maps (neutral subsystems will slowly creep back to original owner).
- CP_Warpath tweaked to prevent intense spamming
- Small changes to cp_valhalla and others
That's it! It should make a big difference for the game though. Give us your comments, we'd like to know if we did it right.
Here are some beautiful shots Meat_Popsicle put together for us. You can view the full gallery here.