Bugfixes: - challenges were reset after restarting, loading the game and changing level. Unfortunately, saves from previous versions are not compatible...
This modification adds specific challenges to the game to make it harder. Note that the BioMod modification also has challenges but they are implemented differently, there are less of them and they are much less granular. You select all the challenges you want active at the start of the game after selecting skills. If you fail any of the selected challenges, you will die immediately. During the game you can find the list of currently active challenges inside the item description for PPM (looks like a green ambrosia canister and given to player at start). It is based on my previous mod DXStats, so all functionality from that is included.
The challenges available are:
* Do not kill anyone - You should not kill anyone, both hostiles and friendlies. You must not destroy any bots.
* Do not knock anyone out - You should not knock anyone out or stun, both hostiles and friendlies.
* Do not trigger any alarms - No alarms should be triggered, whether by AI, cameras or lasers.
* No firearms allowed - No shooting from firearms. That includes pistols, stealth pistols, assault rifles, sawed-off shotguns, assault shotguns and sniper rifles. You will still be able to pick them up and drop them.
* No heavy weapons and explosives - No shooting from heavy weapons and no explosives. That includes flamethrowers, GEP guns, LAMs, LAWs and plasma rifles. Yes, that also means explosive crates. You will still be able to pick them up and drop them.
* No saves allowed - No saving or quicksaving allowed ingame, except for autosaves at the beginning of each level.
* No lockpicks allowed - No lockpicking doors and containers with lockpicks, you'll have to find a key or destroy it. You can still pick them up and drop them.
* No multitools allowed - No manipulating code locks, alarms, cameras, etc with multitools. You can still pick them up and drop them.
* No hacking allowed - You cannot hack computers, security consoles and ATMs.
* No medkits allowed - You cannot heal using medkits. You can still pick them up and drop them. Using medbots is allowed.
* No biocells allowed - You cannot absorb energy from bioelectric cells. You can still pick them up and drop them. Using repair bots is allowed.
* No augmentations allowed - You cannot install any new augmentations except the basic light. You can pick up and drop augmentation canisters.
* Do not alert hostile AI - Any alerted hostile AIs will result in failing this challenge. Shooting friendlies will result in the same. Note that you have some time to hide when the AI notices you - that counts as potential alert instead.
* Do not receive damage - Receiving any damage is lethal. That includes falling damage, environment damage (burning, radiation, etc), projectile/melee damage, tear gas, poison gas, stun damage and drowning.
NOTE: "No hacking" will probably require you to look up certain login/password information on the net.
NOTE: Do not use "No lockpicks" and "No explosives" together. Unfortunately, the game will not be completable. To finish the MJ12 Helibase level in Hong Kong, you will require to either unlock or destroy a certain locker containing a mission critical nanokey.
How to install:
1. Make a backup copy of your /System/DeusEx.u file
2. Unzip the new DeusEx.u file into the /System/ folder
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.