Latest version of the overhaul with bug fixes, etc.
English forum: Twcenter.net
French forum: Mundusbellicus.fr
Some of our overall goals and general vision include:
- Increased difficulty and complexity for the player. We want to provide a real challenge while maintaining fun gameplay.
- Added mechanics and content to make the experience more immersive and realistic for the player.
- Overhauled faction rosters and units for historical authenticity and stunning quality in battles.
- Battle mechanics that are a more accurate representation of ancient warfare.
Mod Guides for Custom Mechanics: Various Manuals for DeI
Due to the size and scope of the mod, it is difficult to list every single change that is made. The two primary areas we have focused on are (obviously) campaign and battle systems. Our goal for the campaign is to provide unique, immersive, interesting mechanics that add to the overall realism and fun. In battles, we have focused on redoing every unit with amazing, new textures and models that represent historical sources while overhauling the battle mechanics to represent ancient warfare.
Here is a very general overview of some of the more major changes and custom content:
Custom Reforms system independent of the technology tree. Most factions will gain new units based on imperium level and turn number.
New playable factions with overhauled rosters and historical settings.
Cultural Recruitment system based on local and core factional troops. Your cultural control matters in what troops you can recruit.
Custom Season effects that really impact gameplay on a meaningful level. These vary based on location.
Custom Character and Army system:
- Custom skills that allow immersion and roleplaying with characters (customized version of TTT).
- Custom army traditions based on culture.
- Dignitaries are now Governors who help oversee provinces. Other agents have been limited in their effectiveness compared with vanilla.
- Armies now have food and public order impact. Garrisoning troops has new effects and penalties.
- Custom army and navy stances based on culture. All new stance - Patrol Region.
- Custom Cultures for various factions, including new temples.
- Custom defense scripts for Rome and Carthage
- Various script and other custom content to add to immersion.
Building and Resource System Overhaul
- All new resources that have a major impact on gameplay and building requirements.
- Many new custom buildings that allow for many more options and use of the new resources.
Units, Textures and Models
- Over 1700 units that have been fully customized with all new textures and models to match historical references for each faction. The amount of detail and research is something we pride ourselves on.
- Fully developed Area of Recruitment system that allows for regional recruitment of units historically from a given region. Any faction can recruit these local units if they own that region.
- Overhauled Roman auxiliary system with local, specialized troops from regions across the map depending on reform period.
- Custom, all new mercenary units for every province.
- Many, many new weapons, armors, and other models/textures. To list our texture/model work would be a thread in itself.
Battle System Overhaul
- More realistic battle pace that places importance on morale, fatigue and tactics.
- Completely reworked unit armors, weapons, stats and mechanics.
- New animations and formations that the AI will use in combat.
- Overhauled Siege warfare, the AI will build and use engines.
- Defensive deployables available in siege battles.
- Unit costs and upkeep reflect unit stats and serve to make elite units matter.
The winners have been announced for Total War's first mod awards.
Congratulations to the winners & nominees, here's a taste of what you will be receiving.
Nominees and winners will also have a custom badge to display on their modDB profile, your profiles will be updated with these shortly.
It's been our pleasure to be involved in this historic event, lets hope more studios join in celebrating changing the game!
The full awards presentation can be seen here.
This version is compatible with patch 16.1 and the WoS DLC.
Highest Rated (5 agree) 10/10
The Best overhaul mod for Rome 2 TW at the moment. New mechanics, tons of new units, reforms, even more realism but without making it unplayable. If you've liked mods like Europa Barbarorum for Rome 1 you will like this.
Dec 2 2014, 10:04am by Dudok22
Latest tweets from @alg_mundusb
@WTWTeam Who is he?
Aug 28 2014, 2:32pm
@EBTeam currently enjoying my Boii campaign
Aug 27 2014, 8:05pm
@EBTeam thank you for those seven years of work
Aug 27 2014, 8:05pm
Aug 27 2014, 3:37pm
Aug 27 2014, 3:27pm
Aug 27 2014, 3:25pm
Aug 27 2014, 3:09pm
Aug 27 2014, 3:03pm
Aug 25 2014, 8:05pm