How to prevent a Worldbuilder crash
(Yes, every single crash has happend to me.)
- Never use too big heightmap layers!
- Never select an empty object spline!
- Never use objects from visuals\environment\art_ambient\buldings\VARIOUSFOLDERS\substance_ribbons
- Never create a directory containing umlauts (ä, ö, ü). You won't be able to open the map then.
These ones aren't causing crashes but are bad for the map's performance:
- If you use more than 7 tiles in 1 chunk graphic errors will occur. Don't use more than 4 tiles in 1 chunk! Use splats instead. For some odd reason it will be better for the performance.
- buildings>normandy_urban>plaster01_1x2_wdg_01: Collision model is fricking huge!
- Don't use buildings with "m06" and "nis" inside. They have sometimes different stats (f.e. if you upgrade you can build airborne inside them)
- objects>designer: all models in this folder have a strange color better not use them.
- objects>base_perimeter: ALL objects in this folder have NO collision models. So if you aren't using them at the HQ make sure to mark them with the impass editor.
- objects>buildings: Testing stuff = don't use
- objects>defenses>trenches: Bugged! Don't use!
- objects>farm_features>hay_bail_01: No collision model... Use impass editor!!!
- objects>grave_stones>dead_body_01: Senseless = don't use
- objects>grave_stones>nis_: Yes, dead bodies but please don't overuse them (even on scheldt is one hidden dead body).
- objects>industrial>metal>vis_only: = vis_only! Don't use!
- objects>industrial>metal>push_tank_02: missing!!! Don't use!
- objects>nis_objects>: These are NIS objects... please don't overuse them because NIS objects are very detailed (and some of them are bugged)
- objects>oob_objects>: AWESOME! AWESOME! Simple tree sprite (2D "card" which shows ALWAYS the front). Use in Non-playable Area only!
- objects>rubble_debris>floating_barrels/wood: Please, only place them in the water :P.
- objects>rubble_debris>nis_carnage: I often use those models on a field full of rubble. Looks more realistic and gives cover.
- objects>rubble_debris>rubble_barricade_double_02: Has no collsion model tanks & infantry will pass.
- objects>ruins>caen_temp: temp = temporary: Don't use.
- objects>single_player>: there are some useful objects but also bugged ones
- objects>statues>caen_angel_01: don't use
- objects>vehicles>civilian>hardtop_conv_01: unfinished object... Don't use
- objects>vehicles>wrecked_vehicles>: Use only with _map_object ending
- objects>walls>stone>ruined_building_01>: Don't use because debris is falling from it everytime you restart the map.
- Prevent the usage of objects from all visual>subfolders except if you want to decorate some buildings.