A very long overdue patch to the very buggy Crazy Mod Version 0.5, the Version 0.55 mod fixes bugs that broke the campaign, made units ineffective at what they should be effective against, or had other negative consequences on the mod. It also adds a couple new units for you to play around with until I finally finish the Crazy Mod 0.6 release.
Click Read More+ below for installation instructions, bug fixes from earlier versions, known bugs in the current version, and more.
How to Install:
1.) Download and install the Crazy Mod version 0.5 first. You can get it here if you need it.
2.) Copy the 00CrazyMod55.big file into your C&C Generals: Zero Hour main folder.
Usually, this is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
If you cannot find your Zero Hour folder, here's a quick way to locate it: (For Windows Users)
- Right-Click your shortcut to run Zero Hour.
- Select "Properties."
- Look at the target in the properties menu. That is the location of the generals.exe file. Put the file 00CrazyMod55.big into that folder.
3.) Then just run the game as normal. To uninstall, just delete the 00CrazyMod55.big file, as well as the CrazyMod.big file of the previous version.
Instructions are also in the Readme file included with the mod.
- Scud Launcher Launcher bug fixed.
- Hover SCUD Launcher Fixed.
- Gattling Nuke Cannon weapon re-made for balance. No longer fires 30 shots per second.
- Lead Beam ineffectiveness against infantry fixed.
- Lead Beam given to China. (Was Tank General's)
- Stealth ability removed from Stealth General's RPG Trooper, which originally caused it to break the campaign.
- Buzzsaw Paladin's speed increased.
- Shockwave effect from MRLS rockets decreased.
- Bike Squad cost increased to $2500, and number of bikes decreased from 8 to 6.
- Gattlinglord given to China Tank General. (New Unit)
- New Lead Beam model, far superior to the old one.
- New Emperor Overlord model.
- Monster Technical given to GLA Demo General. (New Unit)
- Buzzsaw Paladin does not attack when given an attack move command.
- The barrels of the Emperor's Gattling Cannon upgrade are not visible. Maybe they spin so fast you can't see them!
- Major Nuker's radar icon does not have the crosshair indicating it is a hero unit.
- Terromahawk and Nunchaku tank still in-game, intentionally though. They might not be kept in the game unless something can be done with them.
- Fan Truck does not leave a hull when destroyed.
- Lead Beam does not leave the correct hull when destroyed.
- MRLS shows the Black Napalm upgrade even though it has no bonus from it.
- MRLS does not leave the correct hull when destroyed.
- Gattling Nuke Cannon barrels do not spin.