This a gameplay mod for brutal doom that comes with a large pack of sprites for monsters and weapons. It rebalances almost everything in the game, adds more fitting features, and just makes brutal doom better, while still keeping it what it is.
If you want to use my sprites or my code in your mod - go ahead, but please credit me and people whose sprites mine are based on (if the sprites you want aren't 100% made by me).
Please scroll down and read info about launching this mod.
- Absolutely all enemies are now much faster.
- New awesome imps based on the ones from DOOM's E3 Demo.
- Imps can climb on ceilings. (from PB, tweaked)
- Zombies got new AI, they now try to rush you like real space marines. Real dead space marines.
- All undead now wear helmets.
- Revenants now look like the ones from DOOM 4. Their behaviour was redone completely, and they got 2 new attacks.
- Barons of hell now have 2 new special attacks, are much faster and will just make you shit bricks everytime you hear them.
- Arachnotrons now charge their plasmaguns and fire in bursts.
- New sprites, animations & sounds for every weapon in the game.
- Alternate skins for SSG and assault rifle.
- Added strong recoil to rifles, shotguns and plasmaguns.
- Rifle now has much higher firerate and almost no spread.
- Minigun has been completely remade and now has dynamic firerate.
- Replaced plasma rifle's secondary fire. It now fires a giant plasma ball that melts your enemies in a really slow plasma explosion.
- BFG is now much, muuuch more powerful and uses it's own ammo.
- Other stuff
- Completely new player third person animation system, which is 100% clientside.
- Slidekicks from Project Brutality, but rewritten. Try crouching while running.
- Stably working multiplayer.
- Each weapon has it's own taunting animation! EVN TH CHNSW!!!!!!!!!!
- also that one thing i absolutely forgot about...... wait......... what was it....
- Added settings to completely disable reloading. Fcuk reloading.
- New difficulty settings. i.e. less of them.
- Nightmare difficulty setting now always has 2 times more enemies
- Added alternative weapon skins for rifle and SSG
- New minigun sprite and sounds.
- Completely rewrote the minigun in ACS. Everything is now much smoother, and there's no lag in multiplayer. Also, added recoil to it and made it 100% accurate (It's so hard to aim on max speed).
- New sprites and a complete overhaul for barons of hell. They've got 2 new attacks, which are projectile spam and a devastating leap attack. You really should be scared of them now.
- Rewrote and rebalanced revenants' attacks. Their 2 special attacks are: Speedy rocket spam & JETPACK!1!!!11!1
- Arachnotrons have been rebalanced and now always fire in charged plasma bursts.
- Rebalance of zombiemen speed.
- New sprites for zombie sergeants & commandos.
- Zombie sergeants are now 2 times faster in both moving around and operating their gun, but it's a bit easier to evade their shots.
- Much better SSG sprite & reloading.
- Better shotgun sprite, much smoother shotgun animations, new shotgun sounds.
- New rocket launcher sounds.
- Plasma rifle's secondary mode now fires a big charged plasmaball, which slowly explodes & melts your enemies in a big area.
- Changed rifle's magazine size from 30 to 40.
- New BFG sprites by Neccronixis
- BFG9000 can now kill absolutely everything on the screen before it's ball even explodes. That's the reason it now also uses new ammo.
- Less missing fatalities.
- Removed plasmagun dualwielding, because it's was too damn overpowered, so overpowered that i couldn't fix it.
- Rifle dualwielding is now disabled by default, but can be enabled in the settings.
- Pinkies speed rebalanced.
- New muzzle flashes for most guns.
- More brightmaps.
- Way better minigun gunplay.
- Plasmagun now actually feels like a gun.
- Rocket launcher's rockets now speed up after being fired.
- Added a setting to lower recoil strength, for lazyass people that can't move their mouse down.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Lots of small changes.
- Fixed white outlines appearing when using bilinear/trilinear texture filtering or hq2x
- Fixed "unknown script music" error...
- A lot of cool shit. GO! EXPLORE!
- Added LOTS.. LOOOTS of new sprites and animations. There are now no missing sprites at all.
- Added brightmaps. Don't use other ones, or you'll get imp with glowing non-existing eyes.
- Made rifle's recoil 1.5 times weaker.
- BFG's now 1.5 times stronger.
- Removed that awful trails from BFG projectiles.
- Changed plasma rifle's secondary fire to iron sights. It shoots with bursts when you're aiming.
- Baron of hell and hellknights are a bit more bulletspongy now.
- Nerfed the speed of revenants' rockets.
- Stole helmets from zombies, until i finish all of their sprites.
- SOME OTHER SHI~ I CAN'T REMEMBER.
To play with zandronum, make sure you're using the latest zandronum build (or at least 151228-1140)
Modify your autoload in gzdoom-USERNAME.ini/zandronum-USERNAME.ini, so it looks like this:
If you want to play with some other mods or maps, then make sure the resources package is always loaded last, like here:
- Sprite origins
(Correct me if i'm wrong.)
All these sprites were heavily edited by me.
- MOAR SCREENSHOTS
i'm outta here.