Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever seen in your life. This is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!
** UPDATED 08-26-2016 ** New feature!! And YABFU(Yet Another Bugfix Update!) Now Brutal Doom 64 Alpha compatible!! See below and Changelog.txt for full list of changes! Let me know if you find any bugs I missed, I'm sure there are some in there!
*Zandronum doesn't support the animated face reflection and will give the following error:
Script error, "UDV_v1.84_A_BASE.pk3:animdefs.txt" line 4: Bad Syntax.
This requires a patched ANIMDEFS.TXT. Download the file here and replace it in the BASE.pk3 file. This will disable animation for the face, but still allow the static face image. PK3 files are just renamed ZIP files, so just open it like a ZIP file and replace the file.
Demo of Face Reflection
Check out my other mods to complement your UDV experience!
-- 1.85 CHANGES -- 08-23-2016
• ***IMPORTANT*** Moved all menu options into HUD options from the main menu. This should remove the need for a separate MENUDEF for every mod. 08-24-2016
• New fog effects! Customizable in UDV menu - adds atmospheric fog to any level. Overrides any other similar effects, so it can be disabled entirely in options if you need to.
• New "D" Ambient SFX module. Replaces all music with droning factory noise with random other creepy sounds. Make sure to enable it in options if you load it!
• New "B" Module for Brutal Doom 64 Aug 08 Patreon Alpha. All current BD64 weapons and enemies are supported.
• Revamped Bleeding/Critical/Energized speed code. Should be more efficent and more compatible with other mods.
• UDV Brutal and UDV Hardcore Difficulty code changed to be more compatible with other mods.
• New OPTIONAL add-in compatible with any mod - Any door that normally closes by itself will now stay open until you decide to close it.
• Fixed bug with Energize/Fatigued message staying during death/external cam views. 08-24-2016
• Fixed bug with enemy health bar not showing after fatalities. 08-24-2016
• Fixed bug with GZDoom beta and UDValt message. 08-24-2016
• Added support for BDv20BFNT mod. 08-24-2016
• Added reserve ammo counts for BD64 C2 Visor. 08-24-2016
• Separated ambient background sound and sound effects. Can be loaded independently of each other for those that want music, but random creepy noises too, or vice versa. 08-24-2016
• Added Light Color options! Change the colors of the lighting in a level. Options for manual, random, and also match the fog color! **Thanks to Iddqd_Idkfa_Idclip for creating it!** 08-25-2016
• Fixed bug with GZDoom beta versions and ACS errors. 08-25-2016
• Fixed bug with Standalone_Doors_Stay_Open.pk3 that caused certain switches not to work. 08-25-2016
• Added Save/Load function for Fog and Light effects. Great if you happen to find a setting that you really like! 08-26-2016
• Fixed weapon loadout order in weapon list for Project Brutality. 08-26-2016
-- 1.84 CHANGES --
• Optional Screen Shake when damaged! Can be turned on in options, or is automatic on UDV Hardcore mode. The harder you are hit, the longer and more intense the shake.
• If you have 15 or more Armor, shake duration will be reduced to 1/3.
• Changed to new font that supports Uppercase and Lowercase. New optional add-in to restore original font if you don't like it.
• Changed "XXX Celsius" display to "XXX° C".
• Fixed bug where DUAL wasn't displaying for DualRifles on BDv20.
• Fixed various things that were not capitalized correctly.
• Fixed bug with reflection continuing to show during fatalities and executions.
• Changed timing for face animation to a random time for a bit more realistic animation.
• Fixed font issue when using NoMenuFont add-in. 02-26-2016
• Fixed reserve ammo display on 16:10 resolutions. 02-26-2016
• Fixed bug where wrong font was used if using NoMenuFont add-in 02-26-2016
• Fixed bug with Default AI voice playing wrong Critical Health warning. 02-26-2016
• Screen Shake now depends on Armor level. 02-26-2016
80+ is 75% absorbed, 50+ is 50% absorbed, 20+ is 25% absorbed.
• New UDVReset console command. Resets UDV in case things stop working when using cheats like 'resurrect'. Can also be activated through the menu with "Apply Changes Now" 03-01-2016
-- 1.83 CHANGES --
• Face reflection now animated!
• New option to ALWAYS have face reflection on screen (if you're into that sort of thing.) Off by default.
• New option to set reflection transparency level. For those that want it more noticeable, or less noticeable.
• Fixed issue with face reflection continuing to display on external camera death.
• Fixed issue with headshot recognition on Project Brutality. Also improved code to catch further changes and display Boss hitboxes.
• Changed "Temp. XXX" display for headshots to "XXX Celsius" to better emphasize "temperature" reading of hitbox.
• Added support for my new UAC Survival Pack Satchel Charges in weapons display on supported mods.
• Bugfix for Project Brutality add-in not showing correct secondary weapon function names. 02-22-2016
• Bugfix for Vanilla add-in keycards not working correctly. 02-22-2016
• Forgot to update the version number in the startup display. 02-23-2016
To download older archived versions, go here.
Errors such as the ones in the screenshot below ARE NORMAL and DO NOT affect gameplay. They are there because of the MANY mods this HUD is compatible with. I will no longer be answering questions about them in comments.
This is a very graphic intensive HUD. If your system runs on lower specs, use the LQ option inside the game.
To access Ultimate DoomVisor HUD Options:
• Options -> Ultimate DoomVisor HUD
The base file will play on most anything, but some advanced features will not be available. You MUST load a "B" type add-in for full functionality in supported mods. See included PDF for details on load order.
Currently the following mods are fully supported:
Brutal Doom v19
Vanilla Doom & Doom II
Also, included is an OPTIONAL add-in version of my Light Amp/Radiation Suit inventory mod. It allows the Light Amp Visor and Radiation Suit to become inventory items that you can carry and toggle on/off! For more information, check the change log.
Zandronum 1.2.2 support available, requires its own separate pk3 file. It is extremely out of date and will stay at version 1.34. For now 1.34 is working and should continue to work for the most basic features.
Version 1.34 Zandronum 1.2.2 Compatible PK3
-- SOME FEATURES --
• Color reactive Health, Armor, and Ammo levels - Numbers change colors at certain levels.
• Bottom left display pulses orange below 50% Health, flashes red below 25% Health.
• Simulated ECG (think Resident Evil) by health bar, changes at 50, 25, and 0.
• Built-in Flashlight. Lights up dark areas, but alerts enemy to your presence. Use wisely!
• Note: Only for GZDoom. Flashlight will not function with ZDoom.
• Optional Armor drain when using Flashlight.
• Weapon name displays above ammo display.
• If weapon dual wield is available, visor will display "DUAL" underneath Weapon name.
• Weapon list display.
• Toggleable Radar. Show all all detected movement within your radius.
• Radar will show all lower tier monsters position above or below relative to player.
• Monsters with 1000 or more health will show up as gold.
• Note: Larger maps can cause a performance hit with the radar. If you experience performance issues when using radar, simply toggle it off.
• Ammo display flashes red when reserve ammo is below 20% capacity.
• Ammo display blanks out when using melee attacks.
• Optional Reserve Ammo display on right side of display.
• Audible and On-Screen AI Warnings when Health is Critical, Armor is Zero, Ammo is Critical, and Ammo is Empty.
• Mods that use Hand Grenades will show a Grenade counter on the bottom right display.
• Support for inventory. Will show on Automap screen by default.
• Berserk Strength indicator - UAC logo in bottom left of visor will pulse slowly to indicate you are under the effects of Berserk Strength.
• Reactive armor damage. Helmet shows persistent damage at 80, 60, 40, 20, and 0 armor. Armor above 80 shows a clear visor.
• Mugshot display in bottom left of Visor.
• Mugshot display will show "malfunction" and flicker at 60 armor or below. Shows clear consistent display above 60 armor.
• Mugshot display is "broken" at 10 or lower armor. Shows only static, then completely gone at 0 armor.
• Mugshot displays "fatigued" if health critical and bleeding, "energized" if over 180 health. (if enabled or on UDV - Hardcore Difficulty)
• Level Stats display in top left of Visor.
• Engagement Time (level time) in top middle of Visor. (Great for Speedrunners!)
• Combat Recorder (Autosave) mode. Allows user to autosave every 1-10 minutes. Countdown next autosave in bottom right of Visor. Disabled by default, available in DoomVisor HUD Options.
• Unknown/Unsupported weapons and their ammo will show in the counter area, but will not be color reactive.
• Ability to darken the default lighting levels in WAD from UDV Menu. Choose between dark, darker, and pitch black levels. Great with the flashlight!
• Many crosshair choices.
• Custom menu option in Options -> Ultimate DoomVisor HUD.
• MANY Toggle options, for almost any setting.
• All Menus and Messages are in DoomVisor font! More immersion means more fun!
• Optional harder difficulties option. (Including Realistic Aim and Critical Bleeding)
• Optional add-ins included for Light Amplification Goggles and Radiation Suit. Carry two of each and use at any time.
• Allows Light Amp Goggles to be turned on or off at will, and also dropped when partially used.
• Allows Radiation Suit to be turned on or off at will, and also dropped when partially used.
• Radiation suit now HEV suit and now partially protects against fire, ice, and electricity as well as nullifies acid and poision.
• 2 second delay when toggling the HEV suit, for balance and realism.
• Optional lower resolution pk3 included for faster performance at the cost of a bit of visual prettiness.
• Optional pk3 to remove DoomVisor font in menus.
• Optional Alternate Graphics for Doomguy and Visor! (Thanks Lightsource!)
• Optional atmospheric fog effects!
• Optional ambient sound packs!
I am far from a hardcore coder, so it might not be perfect, and without NC Hud for scripting, and 2800fps from reddit with his DoomVisor graphics it would not exist. Hope you like it! Let me know if you have ideas for changing/adding anything.
Thank you to SGT_MARK_IV, Quaker540, PA1NKI113R, 2800fps from reddit, and everyone else who's mod has something to do with this. Without your awesomeness, I wouldn't have made this.
The biggest feature I want to expand on currently is more levels of damage. If anyone has the artistic talent to create more damage I can integrate into the graphics, PLEASE let me know.
Thank you all so much, and Stay Brutal!