Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever seen in your life. This is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!
Dynamic DoomVisor HUD. Ammo Counts, Health, Inventory, Damage! All in glorious High Resolution! ** PLEASE READ FIRST LINES OF DESCRIPTION BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS TO ENABLE HUD **
** Newest Versions GZDoom Only! Zandronum Compatible version available below! **
This is a very graphic intensive HUD. If your system runs on lower specs, use the low res add-in included in the zip.
** MAKE SURE OPTIONS ARE SET AS FOLLOWS **
To access Ultimate DoomVisor HUD Options:
• Options -> Ultimate DoomVisor HUD
-- MAKE SURE TO SET THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS --
• Screen Size is set to 11.
• Alternative HUD is set to OFF.
The base file supports Brutal Doom v19, and the zip includes optional add-ins for the following popular sub-mods:
Vanilla Doom & Doom II
Also, included is an OPTIONAL add-in version of my Light Amp/Radiation Suit inventory mod. It allows the Light Amp Visor and Radiation Suit to become inventory items that you can carry! For more information, check the change log for v1.33.
Zandronum 1.2.2 support available now, requires its own separate pk3 file. It does not support Alpha levels, so things are a bit brighter, and still no ability to toggle stats or mugshot on or off. Load it as the base instead of the GZDoom base file, and you should be good to go! Let me know in the comments of any issues! I don't plan on keeping Zandronum support up to date with every change, so it will stay at version 1.34 for now. Until Zandronum supports some of the more advanced features, I don't want to spend time making it compatible every time. For now 1.34 is working and should continue to work.
Version 1.34 Zandronum 1.2.2 Compatible PK3
-- FEATURES --
• Color reactive Health, Armor, and Ammo levels - Numbers change colors at certain levels.
• Bottom left display pulses orange below 50 Health, flashes red below 25 Health.
• Simulated ECG (think Resident Evil) by health bar, changes at 50, 25, and 0.
• Weapon name displays above ammo display.
• Ammo display flashes red when reserve ammo is below 20% capacity.
• Ammo display blanks out when using melee attacks.
• Optional Reserve Ammo display on right side of display.
• Audible and On-Screen AI Warnings when Health is Critical, Armor is Zero, Ammo is Critical, and Ammo is Empty.
• Mods that use Hand Grenades will show a Grenade counter on the bottom right display.
• Support for inventory. Will show on Automap screen by default.
• Berserk Strength indicator - UAC logo in bottom left of visor will pulse slowly to indicate you are under the effects of Berserk Strength.
• Reactive armor damage. Helmet shows persistent damage at 80, 60, 40, 20, and 0 armor. Armor above 80 shows a clear visor.
• Mugshot display in bottom left of Visor.
• Mugshot display will show "malfunction" and flicker at 60 armor or below. Shows clear consistent display above 60 armor.
• Mugshot display is "broken" at 10 or lower armor. Shows only static, then completely gone at 0 armor.
• Level Stats display in top left of Visor.
• Combat Recorder (Autosave) mode. Allows user to autosave every 1-10 minutes. Disabled by default, available in DoomVisor HUD Options.
• Unknown/Unsupported weapons and their ammo will show white in the counter area, and will show "-----" but will not be color reactive.
• Custom menu option in Options -> Ultimate DoomVisor HUD.
• Toggle Option for Armor Damage display.
• Toggle Option for Level Stats display.
• Toggle Option for Mugshot display.
• Toggle Option for Mugshot Damage display.
• Toggle Option for Visor Inventory. (Not compatible with 4:3 resolutions)
• Toggle Option for enabling AI Sounds.
• Toggle Option for disabling weapon auto switch on pickup.
• Toggle Option for disabling Visor Messages.
• All Menus and Messages are in DoomVisor font! More immersion means more fun!
• Optional pk3 included that enables Light Amplification Goggles and Radiation Suit to be picked up and used on demand, rather than used immediately on pickup.
• Optional lower resolution pk3 included for faster performance at the cost of a bit of visual prettiness.
-- 1.43a CHANGES --
• Font fix(yet again) - Made the fonts in the menus and intermission screens smaller. Hopefully this will fix the issues people have been having.
• Updated some sounds with some higher quality versions made by the amazing Quaker540!
-- 1.43 CHANGES --
• New low clip warning chime. When clip ammo gets below 20% and the clip capacity is greater than 2, a short warning chime will play(does not play for SSG, and other weapons with low clip capacity counts.). Helps to know when you are nearing the end of a clip, or like me forget you are not using a full clip when switching between weapons.
• Visor display will turn off during external camera sequences! This should work for any rolls, deaths, fatalities, etc. that switch out of first person view. This was a tough one to figure out and work around, it might be buggy - let me know!
• New flatline sound on death. Now when you die, you will hear a flatline sound.
• Ammo low warnings increased from 15% to 20%.
• Fixed bug with low ammo and depleted warnings going off at the same time when switching to a weapon with no ammo.
• Fixed display bug with primary ammo count on 16:9 displays.
-- 1.42a CHANGES --
• Fonts are fixed! (For the last time hopefully) I re-did the fonts, and everything should work now WITHOUT having to set scale text to DOUBLE or ON. You can have no text scaling, and everything should be readable now.
• Unknown weapons will now show "-----" instead of "UNKN".
• New fonts mean slight tweaks to the locations of the ammo counters.
• Menus are now in DoomVisor colors.
• Meatshields now display correctly on Visor!
-- 1.42 CHANGES --
• New reserve ammo display! Enabled by default, this will display in the right side of the visor and have a running count of all ammo available. Option to toggle this in DoomVisor Options.
• Combat Recorder (Autosave) mode! Disabled by default, this allows you to enable an autosave every 1-10 minutes. Very helpful if you are like me and forget to save, then lose tons of progress. You'll never be further than 10 minutes from where you left off! Shows a red recording light on the bottom left of visor when enabled.
• Weapon names now shown on visor display instead of boring AMMO.
• Found a workaround for the annoying audio bombardment when starting a new game. Armor depleted warning should now no longer play until you have gotten at least 1 armor, then lost it.
• Higher quality AI sounds thanks to Quaker540! He optimized and re-did my audio tracks, changed some of the warning beeps, and increased volume!
• New option to Toggle off/on Visor on screen messages. Available in DoomVisor Options.
--1.41 CHANGES --
• New high resolution damage graphics for bullet holes and explosion damage on visor.
• New toggle option for disabling auto switching weapons on pickup. This is just a personal preference of mine, and I have made it an option for anyone else who wants it.
• Re-did damage graphics and the way they are loaded. Should improve performance overall. Unfortunately this increases the overall size of the HUD, but the performance increase should be worth it.
• Changed ammo warning levels from 50% and 25% to 40% and 15%. This seems like an overall better option so it isn't constantly whining about low ammo.
• Low Resolution Add-In available for lower spec systems. Look in description.
-- 1.40b CHANGES --
• Bugfix for menus. Certain mods lost their special menu functions with the last version, those should be fixed now. Mods affected were Quaker540, Pa1nki113r, and Brutal Doom Patch v2.4. Thanks Alex-Wolfenstein97 for finding this!
• Bugfix for ammo depleted count. I noticed that on some weapons, the ammo depleted warning would go off with 1 bullet left. Changed the way it works, now should only go off for truly empty ammo counts!
I am far from a hardcore coder, so it might not be perfect, and without NC Hud for scripting, and 2800fps from reddit with his DoomVisor graphics it would not exist. Hope you like it! Let me know if you have ideas for changing/adding anything.
Thank you to SGT_MARK_IV, Quaker540, PA1NKI113R, 2800fps from reddit, and everyone else who's mod has something to do with this. Without your awesomeness, I wouldn't have made this.
The biggest feature I want to expand on currently is more levels of damage. If anyone has the artistic talent to create more damage I can integrate into the graphics, PLEASE let me know.
Thank you all so much, and Stay Brutal!