Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever seen in your life. This is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!
**UPDATE 01-19-2016 ** Quick Bugfixes!! New compatibility with Brutal Doom v20b and Project Brutality 2.01! See below for fixes! See Changelog.txt for Full list of changes! Sorry I've been gone for so long, hope everyone enjoys the new stuff! Let me know if you find any bugs I missed, I'm sure there are some in there!
Check out my other mods to complement your UDV experience!
-- 1.71 CHANGES --
• Fixed speed issues with bleeding options. All difficulties should use the correct speed now.
• Added new Low Quality Alternate Graphics pack for slower systems.
• Added Startup Message when loading level.
• Fixed a few incorrect coding mistakes I caught.
-- 1.70 CHANGES --
• Added armor power drain when using flashlight if minimum power requirement is set. Drops by 1% for every 10 seconds. Use it wisely!
• Added new indicator under mugshot for UDV - Hardcore mode. Now shows "Energized" for >180 Health, and "Fatigued" when hobbled from • Changed blood loss timing to random between 5 and 15 seconds for UDV - Hardcore. You'll never know exactly how long till you bleed out, so you better hurry!
• Fixed bug with EMS that would permanently lower your speed on difficulties less than UDV - Hardcore.
• Possibly enhanced performance with Radar. Still will slow down on abnormally large maps like Memorial and Doom:One. Will start out fine, but after awhile you will notice slow down.
• Fixed bug with Radar Enable sounds not playing.
• Removed Visible Radar Scanner due to being overly complicated and resource intensive, while being fairly pointless.
• Updated HEV add-in to correctly protect against fire damage for certain special fire damage sectors. (Specifically BDv20b Starter Pack maps.)
• Fixed HEV and Goggles add-ins flashing when low. Will flash on and off correctly when at 15% battery.
• HEV and Goggles add-ins now droppable when partially used. They will be unable to be picked back up, but if they are really low and you find a replacement, now you don't have to turn it on and wait for it to drain!
• Optional Alternate Graphics add in now included! Created by user "Lightsource". He is amazing!!
• Fixed Player name display for Multiplayer.
• Disabled Radar and Flashlight in Multiplayer due to many bugs (WIP for any fixes I can figure out).
• Updated some Inventory Icons.
Errors such as the ones in the screenshot below ARE NORMAL and DO NOT affect gameplay. They are there because of the MANY mods this HUD is compatible with. I will no longer be answering questions about them in comments.
** Newest Builds of GZDoom 1.8 and 2.1, and Zandronum 3.0 only! Older Zandronum Compatible version available below! **
This is a very graphic intensive HUD. If your system runs on lower specs, use the low res add-in included in the zip.
To access Ultimate DoomVisor HUD Options:
• Options -> Ultimate DoomVisor HUD
The base file will play on most anything, but some advanced features will not be available. You MUST load a "B" type add-in for full functionality in supported mods. See HOWTOUSE.TXT for details on load order.
Currently the following mods are fully supported:
Brutal Doom v19
Vanilla Doom & Doom II
Also, included is an OPTIONAL add-in version of my Light Amp/Radiation Suit inventory mod. It allows the Light Amp Visor and Radiation Suit to become inventory items that you can carry and toggle on/off! For more information, check the change log.
Zandronum 1.2.2 support available now, requires its own separate pk3 file. It does not support Alpha levels, so things are a bit brighter, and still no ability to toggle stats or mugshot on or off. Load it as the base instead of the GZDoom base file, and you should be good to go! Let me know in the comments of any issues! I don't plan on keeping Zandronum support up to date with every change, so it will stay at version 1.34 for now. Until Zandronum supports some of the more advanced features, I don't want to spend time making it compatible every time. For now 1.34 is working and should continue to work.
Version 1.34 Zandronum 1.2.2 Compatible PK3
-- FEATURES --
• Color reactive Health, Armor, and Ammo levels - Numbers change colors at certain levels.
• Bottom left display pulses orange below 50 Health, flashes red below 25 Health.
• Simulated ECG (think Resident Evil) by health bar, changes at 50, 25, and 0.
• Built-in Flashlight. Lights up dark areas, but alerts enemy to your presence. Use wisely!
• Note: Only for GZDoom. Flashlight will not function with ZDoom.
• Weapon name displays above ammo display.
• If weapon dual wield is available, visor will display "DUAL" underneath Weapon name.
• Weapon list display.
• Toggleable Radar. Show all visible monsters, or all detected movement within your radius.
• Radar will show all lower tier monsters position above or below relative to player.
• Monsters with 1000 or more health will show up as gold.
• Note: Larger maps can cause a performance hit with the radar. If you experience performance issues when using radar, simply toggle it off.
• Ammo display flashes red when reserve ammo is below 20% capacity.
• Ammo display blanks out when using melee attacks.
• Optional Reserve Ammo display on right side of display.
• Audible and On-Screen AI Warnings when Health is Critical, Armor is Zero, Ammo is Critical, and Ammo is Empty.
• Mods that use Hand Grenades will show a Grenade counter on the bottom right display.
• Support for inventory. Will show on Automap screen by default.
• Berserk Strength indicator - UAC logo in bottom left of visor will pulse slowly to indicate you are under the effects of Berserk Strength.
• Reactive armor damage. Helmet shows persistent damage at 80, 60, 40, 20, and 0 armor. Armor above 80 shows a clear visor.
• Mugshot display in bottom left of Visor.
• Mugshot display will show "malfunction" and flicker at 60 armor or below. Shows clear consistent display above 60 armor.
• Mugshot display is "broken" at 10 or lower armor. Shows only static, then completely gone at 0 armor.
• Level Stats display in top left of Visor.
• Engagement Time (level time) in top middle of Visor. (Great for Speedrunners!)
• Combat Recorder (Autosave) mode. Allows user to autosave every 1-10 minutes. Countdown to next autosave in bottom right of Visor. Disabled by default, available in DoomVisor HUD Options.
• Unknown/Unsupported weapons and their ammo will show white in the counter area, and will show "-----" but will not be color reactive.
• Ability to darken the default lighting levels in WAD from UDV Menu. Choose between lite, dark, and pitch black levels. Great with the flashlight!
• Many crosshair choices.
• Custom menu option in Options -> Ultimate DoomVisor HUD.
• Toggle Option for Enemy Health display.
• Toggle Option for Low Quality Flashlight.
• Toggle Option for Minimum Armor to use Flashlight.
• Toggle Option for Armor Damage display.
• Toggle Option for Weapon list display.
• Toggle Option for Reserve Ammo display.
• Toggle Option for Level Stats display.
• Toggle Option for Mugshot display.
• Toggle Option for Mugshot Damage display.
• Toggle Option for Visor Inventory. (Not compatible with 4:3 resolutions)
• Toggle Option for enabling AI Sounds.
• Toggle Option for disabling weapon auto switch on pickup.
• Toggle Option for disabling Visor Messages.
• All Menus and Messages are in DoomVisor font! More immersion means more fun!
• Optional harder difficulty option.
• Optional add-ins included for Light Amplification Goggles and Radiation Suit. Carry two of each and use at any time.
• Allows Light Amp Goggles to be turned on or off at will.
• Allows Radiation Suit to be turned on or off at will.
• Radiation suit now HEV suit and now partially protects against fire, ice, and electricity as well as nullifies acid and poision.
• 2 second delay when toggling the HEV suit, for balance and realism.
• Optional lower resolution pk3 included for faster performance at the cost of a bit of visual prettiness.
• Optional pk3 to remove DoomVisor font in menus.
I am far from a hardcore coder, so it might not be perfect, and without NC Hud for scripting, and 2800fps from reddit with his DoomVisor graphics it would not exist. Hope you like it! Let me know if you have ideas for changing/adding anything.
Thank you to SGT_MARK_IV, Quaker540, PA1NKI113R, 2800fps from reddit, and everyone else who's mod has something to do with this. Without your awesomeness, I wouldn't have made this.
The biggest feature I want to expand on currently is more levels of damage. If anyone has the artistic talent to create more damage I can integrate into the graphics, PLEASE let me know.
Thank you all so much, and Stay Brutal!