So we want to bring Team Fortress to AvP2. It shouldn't be too difficult, all of the weapons we need are already in AvP2, and configuring armor and run speeds and whatnot isn't too hard. What we need, however, is input on how this should go down, and modders to make the more difficult things happen, like possibly adding new weapons and more importantly, new GAME MODES, like Capture the Flag or Assault, things that teams do that aren't Team Deathmatch.
However, this is AvP2 Fortress, so everything should have an AvP2 twist to it. Like Preds and Aliens on the teams realistically, but not whorishly. No Predator rocket-launcher guys, for example, but a Predator as the Spy, a class that's supposed to cloak and primarily use a knife anyway.
We are glad to announce that good progress has been made in implementing the CTF game mode mechanics:
A short description as to what's going in the video:
- 00:00-00:10 - configuring the server and selecting the CTF testbench map
- 00:10-00:16 - capturing the blue flag
- 00:16-00:20 - red team scores
- 00:20-00:37 - the blue flag is captured again, but it's dropped due to character change.
- 00:37-00:50 - the red demolitions picks it up again, and scores.
- 00:50-01:08 - the red demolitions makes another capture, then changes teams, becoming a blue demolitions. The blue flag is dropped.
- 01:08-01:20 - the blue demolitions retrieves the blue flag.
- 01:20-01:35 - the blue demolitions captures the red flag, then changes (yep, again ...) the team, becoming a red demolitions. The red flag is dropped.
- 01:35-01:43 - the red demolitions captures the blue flag
- 01:43-01:46 - the red demolitions returns the red flag (dropped at 01:35 by the blue demolitions)
- 01:46-01:50 - the red demolitions can now scores (which he eventually does)
- 02:00-02:15 - the perspective of capturing the flag and scorring while using the runner character.
For a higher quality version of the movie, head to the videos section.
As you also noticed from the video, there is no scoring mechanism set up. Yet. Also not in the video, two minutes after droping the flag, it will be automatically reset (returned to it's home base).
The following alpha builds will be focus on improving the scorring mechanisms, for both WAR game mode and the upcomming CTF game mode.
Since 2002 we have explored, played and enjoyed mods of all shapes and sizes just like AvP2 Team Fortress. We love games like Aliens vs. Predator 2 that have opened themselves up to modding. Because of communities like Workshop, Nexus, Curse, RTSL, GameBanana and Mod DB, more games support modding today than ever before.
Let's celebrate modding
As mods play a bigger role in the future of gaming, we believe it is important to recognize the effort the teams behind the work put in, giving us countless hours of enjoyment while asking nothing in return. We have the power to change our games and that needs to be celebrated to ensure it remains a big part of PC gaming's future.
It all started
In 2015, when the paid modding dispute left many gamers and modders worried about the direction the industry is headed. Things have since settled down, but we believe it is important to continue this small tradition to show we are not alone in our love for mods, and the open platforms that embrace them.
Mod Appreciation Week
Nothing is more motivating than knowing something you've built is being enjoyed by others. So this week if there is a mod you love on Mod DB (or anywhere else), make the effort to shout out to them, mention and link their mod in a tweet, blog, forum or facebook post with the hashtag #modlove2016 (or click the icons above for a pre-built post).
Your comment "+currentoption.html().toLowerCase()+" was successful. When a comment is deleted all replies to the comment will be removed as well. Because you are an admin, you can click the \"view deleted\" link above to view deleted comments in-case you wish to un-delete them in the future. If this was a mistake, click the "+currentoption.html().toLowerCase()+" link again to reverse the change.