We are glad to announce that good progress has been made in implementing the CTF game mode mechanics:
A short description as to what's going in the video:
- 00:00-00:10 - configuring the server and selecting the CTF testbench map
- 00:10-00:16 - capturing the blue flag
- 00:16-00:20 - red team scores
- 00:20-00:37 - the blue flag is captured again, but it's dropped due to character change.
- 00:37-00:50 - the red demolitions picks it up again, and scores.
- 00:50-01:08 - the red demolitions makes another capture, then changes teams, becoming a blue demolitions. The blue flag is dropped.
- 01:08-01:20 - the blue demolitions retrieves the blue flag.
- 01:20-01:35 - the blue demolitions captures the red flag, then changes (yep, again ...) the team, becoming a red demolitions. The red flag is dropped.
- 01:35-01:43 - the red demolitions captures the blue flag
- 01:43-01:46 - the red demolitions returns the red flag (dropped at 01:35 by the blue demolitions)
- 01:46-01:50 - the red demolitions can now scores (which he eventually does)
- 02:00-02:15 - the perspective of capturing the flag and scorring while using the runner character.
For a higher quality version of the movie, head to the videos section.
As you also noticed from the video, there is no scoring mechanism set up. Yet. Also not in the video, two minutes after droping the flag, it will be automatically reset (returned to it's home base).
The following alpha builds will be focus on improving the scorring mechanisms, for both WAR game mode and the upcomming CTF game mode.