Autumn Aurora 2 it's modification made by small group from Poland which brings the autumnal atmosphere to the Zone and totally overhauls the graphics, audio and gameplay of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl.
Frequently asked questions about Autumn Aurora 2 regarding compatibility, tweaks etc.
Posted by CrommCruac on Dec 3rd, 2013
It is a known issue that X-Ray engine may damage the quicksaves and even autosaves. We strongly recommend to make incremental "hard saves" through Save Game Menu every now and then on each map to avoid very rare but frustrating situation when X-Ray corrupts all your quicksaves/autosaves and you can't continue your game.
1. Q: The game crashes while using Steam version
A: There is a problem with compatibility of SweetFX and Steam Overlay. Try to disable Steam Overlay in its options:
Alternatively disable SweetFX at all by deleting (or renaming) bin\d3d9.dll in your game directory after the mod installation.
Thanks to theTops & skacky for help.
2. Q: The game crashes on the international version other than english or polish
3. Q: The game crashes after changing FOV with FOV changer?
A: Do NOT use the normal FOV changer you used to. Its dlls are not prepared to work with AA2. Use the provided AA2 Option Changer instead.
4. Q: How to bring back the character voices from my language version?
A: Delete (or rename) the contents of Gamedata\Sounds\Characters_voice folder EXCEPT:
Gamedata\Sounds\Characters_voice\scenario\video\aa2_splash(two files with _l and _r)
Alternatively unpack this folder from your gamedata and copy it over.
5. Q: How hide the helmet mask overlay and turn off the breathing sound?
A: Open downloaded Autumn Aurora 2.1 pack, go to the #mod options directory and select proper directory. Then move chosen gamedata to your game's directory and replace all files.
6. Q: Why my changes in user.ltx file doesn't work after game restarting?
A: Because all user.ltx's settings are saved in Gamedata/Scripts/aa2.scripts. All you have to do it's opening this file and changing values there. You have to do it TWICE (there are two sections). For example, if you want to remove camera's head-bobbing, you need to find TWICE value: cam_inert and change it twice.
7. Q: I received FN FAL from Fanatic in the Cordon but when I'm aiming, the whole image it's blurring! How can fix it?
A: It's problem with Depth of Field center point and Fn Fal sight in the weapon HUD. You need to opening enbeffectprepass.fx file, find following value:
float 2 uvsrc=float2 (0.5, 0.46);
You need to edit value marked on the red, but remember if you will set too big/small value, image can be blurred when you will use other weapons without that problem (blurring image during aiming).
8. Q: How to remove mini-map?
A: Read answer on 5th point.
10. Q: How can I disable throwing grenades by NPC's?
A: Go to the Gamedata/Scripts and rename xrs_grenade.script on any other name.
11. Q: I want to choose different settings, for example trees style. What can I do?
A: Just re-install the AA2 2.1 and choose different settings.
12. Q: What are the system requirements?
A: This mod requires strong GPU and a lot of RAM (at least 3GB). Installing this mod can cause memory problems on 32bit systems or systems with less than 3GB RAM.The overall amount of polygons that the levels are built from doubled due to hi-poly tree replacements and denser vegetation. Because of that the average framerate dropped for about 30%. If you experience heavy framedrop or CTDs try to lower settings as screen resolution, texture quality, draw distance and object quality in advanced graphics settings and/or resolution in basic settings.
If CTD happens due to low memory try to lower the texture quality in options.
13. Q: Is it compatible with other mods?
A: Not likely, but you can try to merge it.
1. CTD related to the wrong detection of model collision
[error]Expression: assertion failed
[error]Description: e_parent && e_entity
Remedy: load the last save.
2. Flickering grass on the edges of the screen
Remedy: reinstall the mod and choose the lower grass distance in AA2.1 installator.