Beta version 0.1 of Alien Swarm Single Player (SP) is now live.
the following features are available:
- all official maps and addons available to play through Offline Practice Mode
- configurable automatic team selection allowing mapper to assign team spots for each map and force player to spawn in a specific marine (skips team roster screen and boots straight to map)
- can spawn bots elsewhere in map and bring them into and out of play when you wish (to be used as power-ups etc...)
- Weapon strip allowing more half-life style weapon discovery
- instant health and ammo pick-ups
To download the latest version of Alien Swarm:SP visit the hosting site:http://alienswarmsp.blogspot.com/
I'm quite stunned at how this mod has taken off. Currently we're standing at 150 downloads and it's rising by the day.
Obviously the mod had a very simple goal and I achieved that quite quickly. It does what it says on the tin!
The question is... what now...
I really would like to hear from you what other features you would like to see in future releases. Here's my thoughts so far...
- A save game function
- An action replay function (review your performance and the action from a different POV)
- Single marine maps (currently working on these as you can see from the screenshots
- Stats tracking against previous attempts at a mission (compares your stats against the last time you played that mission)
Let me know any ideas you have, no matter how whacky or out there it may seem. Anythings possible.
Here's the blog and download site again:
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.