The Northern Excursion mod (once called the "Extreme Realism" mod) is a game-enhancement mod that introduces a new faction, the "North American Coalition" (NAC), re-introduces the jet fighter/bomber air vehicle types from Battlefield 2 and also brings back old features which were left out of the original Battlefield 2142 such as stationary machine guns, visual effects, unused voice overs and more.
Even though this mod is still under development, I would like to commend the developers on some things by posting this reveiw.
1: I am very pleased with the Single Player Revamp. It makes playing offline SO much better, and is actually enjoyable.
2: The redone skins, weapons and vehicles are also AMAZING.
3: I think the new maps are also well done, and are cool to play.
4: The new sounds are cool, it adds alot to the gaming experience.
5: With the redone weapons, the game is INTENSE! you MUST watch your back, and keep your head down!
So, that being said, I would highly recomend this mod if you like Battlefield 2142 and would like to expand your 2142 experience.
That is why I give this mod a 9 (I would give it a 10, but I want to see what its like when the new faction comes out, etc.)
If you like bf2142, and want to make your experience better, you must have this mod. In fact, this mod is a overhaul of bf2142 (in my point of view), why?, well here are the reasons:
1. Better textures: armors, vehicles, weapons, camouflage, adds some winterized effect to mostly all the things.
2. A third faction, with unique weapons and vehicles.
3. Better sounds: tired of those balloon-grenade-explosion?, well now they sound like an explosion, new weapon sounds.
4. Tired of shooting the enemy about 5 times with for example a LMG, and doesn't die!, well no more!, now bullets and weapons ARE deadly.
5. Want to have more fun in single player?, yup, that's possible, no more dumb bots.
6. If you leave your enemy with 10 or 20 hp left... well don't worry, he'll bleed out, that goes to you too!.
This mod is a great masterpiece, hope you guys like it as much as I do.
Give it a try, and wait for the final release, you know, a good way to support a mod like this is rating it and playing it with other people.