This member has provided no bio about themself...
* Well to sum it up, the problem of this game is that is just plain boring, it fails to recapture the ridicolous morbid fun of its predecessor.
* The graphics are good, it runs on Source Engine and looks alright to me, although there some mighty performance glitches with frame rate dropping.
* The open world is there partially, but you cannot complete missions as you like but have to stick to the main story line.
* You revisit the outdoor locations several times during the game, which gets repetitive and the task you get are one stereotype.
* You collect something, then all of sudden there is a riot by some of the minorities or some other group of extremists, which you have to eliminate.
* You cannot get inside any building, you can take a look indoors only during missions, which is a nice change of pace, then you go back outside to one of the three main locations: downtown of city, mexican border or some kind of farm.
* I loved Postal 2 for not being the perfect game, but for trying not to be convetional and yet entertaining, but this one just couldn't hold up its potential.
Thanks to guys like these, they're helping to keep great games last for. Reminds me of remastering a movie or music. I love what has been done with the game. Itdoesn't add only fancy graphic effect but also a bunch of settings that made the game even more playable like secondary fire mode for weapons etc. This exactly why I bought the classic version instead of BFG version - MODS !!!. I recommend to add the HD texture pack. In my case made the game run smoother without tearing and frame rate drops, it takes longer to load but it's well worth it. Although the graphic settings are awesome but altogether the graphics seems funny. Means you have to find your own settings, but it's a work of art to be able to experience it !!!
Just great. The mods to characters won't be to everybody's taste, but as for the graphics quality, it doesn't get much better because there is no competition.
THIS is the ultimate Doom 3 mod. The creators weren't just able to "port" the game into a new engine and graphics, but they were able to keep the feeling of the original Doom. The game feels modern yet very classic. I can't tell if the maps are 1 to 1 with the original game but you instantly get the impression as soon as you start playing. It makes you realize why the game was and still is one of the best of its genre. The developers did one hell of a job on this for sure !!! Too bad it ends with the very first episode: Knee deep in the dead. By the way there are cut scenes, intro and outro so they're not bothering you throughout the game. The cut scenes are made with a sense of humor, especially the outro. Download and play that thing !!! Ranks among my 5 favourite mods of all time.
RATING: Priceless - something made by pure enthusiasts and fanatics to create some kind of tribute to one of the greatest. You still have to own HL2 though, which every steam library should contain.
Check out my full review at:
Great graphics and presentation of the capabilities of the source engine, good atmosphere. Too short. Anyways giving it a 9.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.