This member has provided no bio about themself...
Game Review on Jan 5th, 2015
Basically, realistic Counter-Strike with expanded possibilities.
Weapon handling works like in Red Orchestra.
No annoying stuff what so ever.
Teamwork is most important.
PVP and COOP game modes.
Very well balanced.
Free DLCs with new game modes/weapons/maps and graphics/sound updates.
Mod Review on Aug 17th, 2014
No review provided
Mod Review on Jun 12th, 2014
No review provided
Mod Review on Mar 20th, 2014 - 1 person agrees
I kinda loved this, found this immersive in a way, but weapon balance is crap (1)
Stability is not so good either (2)
Graphics are brown, dead, and boring. The devs reworked thousands of textures just to make brown-boring vanilla CoP experience even brownier and more boring (in terms of visuals).
Balance issues (3)
1. Of course different types of ammo penetrate different types of armour, but that doesn't mean that well protected NPCs should survive 30 shots with 5.45x39 (or 7.62x39) ammo in chest/head. Same stands for the player. As soon as player gets good armour he becomes invincible to non AP ammo which turns whole "let's make REALISTIC ammo penetration" thing into unrealistic game breaking torture-feature.
I wish there weren't stupid damage threshold things in this mod and damage system worked in a way closer to original game.
2. Another thing I wish misery had is bug and crash free experience, but seems like the devs won't make any more fixes for Misery. The game has started crashing each hour of gameplay recently - very annoying. I gonna drop it even though I've almost finished the storyline (got gauss and moving back to Pripyat for the final quests - nope, here, catch this green bug)
3. You start as a weak snail (attacked by packs pseudodogs and boars so be ready to run like hell and get killed in outside by a controller who sits in a cave) and you end up being ultra terminator in 10 game days! Watching for item condition is required though, but you need to do that damn too often, so I've tweaked this just to find other small game problems.
Game Review on Mar 15th, 2014
Just an arcade racing with nonesence physics and zero realism. Call of Duty about sport cars. Well, "gold era COD" about sport cars - it's not as bad as CoDs from 2009 and later on :D
Sure it can be fun to drive the car like a super-speed-indestructable-tank destroying props and dozen of police jeeps on the way, but gameplay repeats itself, giving your more and more exausting tasks like "have some badass chase with the cops" and then "have some EVEN MORE badass chases with the cops". Dropped it half-way though.
I personally prefer racing games with real garage, real car damage and money that are used to pay for the repairs - in games like that you feel in touch with your cars and love them; in games like Most Wanted you are throwing your cars against obsticles to get though.
Mod Review on Dec 17th, 2013 - 2 people agree
I tasted this mod a little and, despite I'm way tired of original storyline and "gameplay/graphics enhancement" mods, AA2 feels great!
The mod is solid, all the aspects are balanced and well combined. The "hardcore" here is just of that kind I love. For example, player's weapon is force-holstered during search of bodies/boxes - that's a small feauture I always try to add to mods. Oh, and since I got interested in "realistic" bullet damage, I LOVE the fights in this mod!
The guns feels differently and shooting is cool.
Visuals and sounds make the game fresh.
Altered rewards and reworked economics system add interest.
There is a small visual flaw though - during foggy weather the distant grass is not affected by fog and makes big contrast to the rest of environment (R1). That's original game's bug and is only noticeable when fog is too thick.
P.S.: I will add extra mutant spawn (without movement restrictions - "Sudden Events" +10000), which will happen each day when actor sleep. Hopefully, I'll find a way to add it to "addons" section of the mod.
Mod Review on Nov 27th, 2013
No review provided
Mod Review on May 23rd, 2013 - 2 people agree 3 people don't
The mod begins nicely. It's like "OMG! Perfect mod!" - the level design looks nice, triggers and story are fantastic, there are monsters from OPFOR... But after a while I got frustrated:
1. Repeatative level design. Every few maps the style changes in something different, something that copies style of a chapter of HL, OPFOR or BSHIFT and it's very unusual if the style is own made.
2. Copy->paste. There are some areas looking exactly like in BHIFT and OPFOR. With no reason. For nostalgia? I got tired of them placed here and there and combined in different ways.
3. Nonsence level design - most of the maps looks nice, but there are strange things. What is the best entrance for a part of an underground complex with scientists? A vertical ladder which leads to a fenced transformators yard.
4. Nonsence puzzles. Die 10 times to figure out how you pass a "high voltage" place. Plus you get grenades first time at the same place and there are explosive barrels at some places and you think you have to use the grenades to destroy some stuff like in Surface Tenstion in HL1, but no - you just crouch and the electricity doesn't kill you.
5. Repeatative gameplay. Underground->outside->underground, zombies/islaves->marines->zombies/islaves.
6. Crashed because of lack of a model.
Mod Review on May 20th, 2013
No review provided
Mod Review on Dec 24th, 2012
This mod is sweet because it turns very RPG Fallout (3 headshots to kill a human) into an hardcore "Action/RPG" game (easy to kill people), brings some IRL weapons and suits, changes lots of things in a good way.
V10 is way too hardcore - it's more hardcore than real life, and this feels stupid.
"You can't run with 2 pistols in inventory" even if I don't have anything else in inventory? Or I can carry some grenades, knife, pistol, a rifle but I can't carry 2 pistols and a rifle? Let's just go to V9...
V9 is much more realistic and playable (does not has stupid unrealistic limitations as V10 and you don't need to eat/drink that freaking much).
There are some options in player's house terminal in V9.
Fights are better - you combine stealth, tactics (choose better position), and frequent F9 key pressing until you get enough playing expirience.
Weapons are also nice, but as it feels to me, ACOG scoped weapons have bad zoom.
With all the changes this mod brings, the game feels a little like DayZ :)
It's not 10/10, but not 9/10 either, so, why don't put 10/10?