This member has provided no bio about themself...
Mod Review on Dec 17th, 2013 - 1 person agrees
I tasted this mod a little and, despite I'm way tired of original storyline and "gameplay/graphics enhancement" mods, AA2 feels great!
The mod is solid, all the aspects are balanced and well combined. The "hardcore" here is just of that kind I love. For example, player's weapon is force-holstered during search of bodies/boxes - that's a small feauture I always try to add to mods. Oh, and since I got interested in "realistic" bullet damage, I LOVE the fights in this mod!
The guns feels differently and shooting is cool.
Visuals and sounds make the game fresh.
Altered rewards and reworked economics system add interest.
There is a small visual flaw though - during foggy weather the distant grass is not affected by fog and makes big contrast to the rest of environment (R1). That's original game's bug and is only noticeable when fog is too thick.
P.S.: I will add extra mutant spawn (without movement restrictions - "Sudden Events" +10000), which will happen each day when actor sleep. Hopefully, I'll find a way to add it to "addons" section of the mod.
Mod Review on Nov 27th, 2013
No review provided
Mod Review on May 23rd, 2013 - 1 person doesn't
The mod begins nicely. It's like "OMG! Perfect mod!" - the level design looks nice, triggers and story are fantastic, there are monsters from OPFOR... But after a while I got frustrated:
1. Repeatative level design. Every few maps the style changes in something different, something that copies style of a chapter of HL, OPFOR or BSHIFT and it's very unusual if the style is own made.
2. Copy->paste. There are some areas looking exactly like in BHIFT and OPFOR. With no reason. For nostalgia? I got tired of them placed here and there and combined in different ways.
3. Nonsence level design - most of the maps looks nice, but there are strange things. What is the best entrance for a part of an underground complex with scientists? A vertical ladder which leads to a fenced transformators yard.
4. Nonsence puzzles. Die 10 times to figure out how you pass a "high voltage" place. Plus you get grenades first time at the same place and there are explosive barrels at some places and you think you have to use the grenades to destroy some stuff like in Surface Tenstion in HL1, but no - you just crouch and the electricity doesn't kill you.
5. Repeatative gameplay. Underground->outside->underground, zombies/islaves->marines->zombies/islaves.
6. Crashed because of lack of a model.
Mod Review on May 20th, 2013
No review provided
Mod Review on Dec 24th, 2012
This mod is sweet because it turns very RPG Fallout (3 headshots to kill a human) into an hardcore "Action/RPG" game (easy to kill people), brings some IRL weapons and suits, changes lots of things in a good way.
V10 is way too hardcore - it's more hardcore than real life, and this feels stupid.
"You can't run with 2 pistols in inventory" even if I don't have anything else in inventory? Or I can carry some grenades, knife, pistol, a rifle but I can't carry 2 pistols and a rifle? Let's just go to V9...
V9 is much more realistic and playable (does not has stupid unrealistic limitations as V10 and you don't need to eat/drink that freaking much).
There are some options in player's house terminal in V9.
Fights are better - you combine stealth, tactics (choose better position), and frequent F9 key pressing until you get enough playing expirience.
Weapons are also nice, but as it feels to me, ACOG scoped weapons have bad zoom.
With all the changes this mod brings, the game feels a little like DayZ :)
It's not 10/10, but not 9/10 either, so, why don't put 10/10?
Mod Review on Nov 4th, 2012
Good stuff: good sounds.
Bad stuff: clicks in beretta sounds, wrong sound for ingrams (one shot instead of a burst)
Conclusion: I prefer the original Max Payne with its nostalgic sounds :P
Mod Review on Nov 3rd, 2012
No review provided
Mod Review on Sep 22nd, 2012
Someone wrote that this is "boring like HL1 with outdated graphics from 2007" and marked it about "5/10".
OFC there is no jumping clowns which should make you laugh or dying Cpt. Prices which will make you cry. It's slow and atmospheric game. It's almost Valve quality Half-Life conversion on Source engine. The only little issue: animations. Sometimes those looks a little strange.
Graphics: 10/10 (Not best, but better than should be to represent the environment in a good way)
Gameplay: 10/10 (Pretty slow and reminds horror games. Yes, it's underground complex with aliens and bad guys, not WW3 in the center of New York.)
*** This is too good for a free game. ***
P.S.: Played it in "Freeman's Mind" mode :D
-I hope no one expecting me to turn on the power generator.
The only scientist I killed.
Game Review on Aug 16th, 2012 - 9 people agree
1. Photorealistic graphics.
2. Modding potential.
3. Large game world.
4. Some RPG elements which fits good.
5. Pretty realistic weapons and damage balance.
6. Sometimes A-Life works and interesting things may happen.
8. Awesome story.
Is there any bad stuff?
If it is, it can be removed by mods :D
Mod Review on Aug 7th, 2012 - 2 people agree 1 person doesn't
Good mod, but the last relase version is so boring after many years. + until stable 0692 version was relased I played some earlier versions (from 0684), which were pretty bugful. I only got to ChNPP in v.069 and dropped this mod. I played 0692 only to Pripyat and was bored again :(
The gameplay additions are nice, but there are problems with performance.
Replacement of ENV sounds is not always cool. I prefer to stay with default SoC's.
Weapons are lealistic, but "feel strange" in hands. Also some new useless items (tonns of food), new weapons' visuals and other "new content" a little moves this mod into "modpack" genre.
I'm waiting for 0693 and hope it will have some new and really important content, not replacing stuff by stuff.