This member has provided no bio about themself...
Technically, yes. If I remove about 50% of the mod's content, then yes, loading time will be less annoying. Needless to say that I don't really want to do this, though.
Just play more carefully ;)
LITTLE FIX NEEDED BEFORE ENTERING LIMANSK:
Unfortunately, a missing file will prevent you from entering Limansk. The file is called "stalker_hero_cs_light_1a.ogf". You can retrieve it in the full 2_0 version (Gamedata\meshes\actors\stalker_nebo), if you still have it, or you can download it here: Mediafire.com
I'll release a little patch soon that will deal with this and other small things to improve.
Why burying comments like this one? Do people still need that I try to give them advices or what?
Unless you noticed, most if not ALL crashes related to this mod aren't coming from errors of code or so, but they're due to the fact that the x-Ray engine is EXTREMELY unstable and random by nature. Proof is that, to fix them, you may sometimes need to change render (static lightning instead of full dynamic lightning), decrease textures details, or remove optionnal content (provided that you've installed it before)...
I'm not saying that this will work 100% of the time, but in any case this is the first thing to do if you experiment too many crashes while playing or if you have corrupted saves.
Well, in other words, there's no magical hotfix to solve your problem because it isn't due to an error somewhere in the mod. Most of the time, it simply means that your config isn't good enough to handle this big and greedy mod.
Try to switch the render to DirectX 8 or DirectX 9 and load your game. If it still doesn't work, then try to set details to minimum and try again.
One thing is certain: visually-speaking, this mod is going to be a blast.
Looks very good.
Looks cute, really :)
Wow, another amazing project for Stalker games...
That one really looks ambitious. Good luck, Team EPIC!
To anyone having problems with create new game process, or savegames, I think this one might help you. There's indeed a problem with the engine (not the mod) that sometimes break the game for no apparent reason. One of the means to get rid of it is to use different directX settings. This quote is from @Seeker_of_Strelok is an excellent hint, and may actually help some people:
"I had this issue more than a few times ( have with most mods using the 'Sleeping Bag' mod ), and solved it by switching the render to DirectX 8 ( static Lighting ) or DirectX9 ( Full Dynamic Lighting ), and started a new game. I then saved, exited and reset the render options, restarted, and it worked fine. No corrupt saves so far, just the occasional crash. Maybe this will help you a bit."
I guess it's awaiting authorization from Modb... It can take on day or two.
I'm also awaiting this. Ai tweaks 2.03 + atmofear 3 + the newest OWR = me back into COP!
Yeah, I know, but when balancing the weapons, I felt like this one needed to have a big magazine capacity.
Weapons were not meant to be realistic; they're like the mutants respawn thing, kind of ^^
You're refering to a special Ak weapon, not THE classical Ak-74 ^^
1.5.10, and on an english version of Clear Sky (reinstall the game in english if needed).
About the UI issue, here's what you need to do to fix it: Moddb.com (read the image description).
And if your savegame is corrupted after 5 mins of playing only (I assume that's your first one?), then I believe it might be because of the "famous" sleeping bag bug.
Here's a quote from the readme on what it is and how to deal with it:
"THE FIRST THING YOU MUST DO INGAME, after having talked with Lebedev for the first time, is to verify that your sleeping bag is working correctly. Just open your inventory and right-click the icon. If the menu with the sleeping options appears, then you can continue playing normally (you don't need to sleep, just make sure that the menu is well here and that's all!). If however the icon disapears, then it unfortunately means that you will have to restart a new game. This bug of the vanishing sleeping bag basically tells that the game was created the wrong way and that you will never be able to go past the first emission at the tower (emission which will not even occur)."
Savegames will be corrupted in case of the sleeping bag issue.
But if it's no due to this, then make sure you're not using the optionnal high-res and permanent sunrays files. Most corrupted saves are the result of people not owning hardware good enough to play this greedy mod. May I ask you what are you system specs, by the way?
2_18 version uploaded, awaiting authorization...
Don't worry, update will come :)
I'm in no way frustrated by criticism when it's made by people who actually played the mod... And about 90% of the recent criticism (on last two pages) is valid. Yes, balance is still no perfect, yes, mutants' respawns and relationships are a little silly, yes, the game is unstable somewhat...
To be honest, the main reason why I left the mod without support for 2-3 months is that I've recently turned totally addicted to Arma 3 (spent over 500 hours on it).
Don't worry, though. The new version, although I haven't tested it as much as I would, is now 100% ready. I will start uploading it tonight. Yes, tonight!
Hoping that Modb doesn't fail at letting me upload the mod, you will all be able to play on a polished, stable and brand-new version of the Warmongers in one or two days (depending on Modb's authorization process) :)
Sorry for the delay, but the release of the new 2_18 version is now a mater of hours!
Yes, I go play Arma 3!
(C'mon, I've already taken back my stupid comment about this game... What should I do now, kill myself?)
Yes, few ones...
Ok, so here's all:
- The new version is about to be released, however, I still need to do some more playtesting to make sure it is as reliable and stable as possible.
- I actually have several versions of the new version (yeah, sounds a bit weird I know), and I have to try them out and find which one plays better and why. 2_18 will perhaps be the last release of this mod so I want it to be as clean as possible.
- If things go well with my new game on the new version, which will begin this evening or tomorrow, then I might release the mod sooner than planned (which is still too late considering that I promised to upload it before November :p). If so, then the mod could be available next week. If not, then it will be released 'somewhere before Christmas'.
- I know this is annoying, but a game like Clear Sky and a mod like this one simply don't allow me to rush anything I may do. Every single change must be applied very carefully, and believe me some result in very weird and unexpected things ingame. This is also why I must playtest the game from the Swamps to the NPP, because sometimes a change made on the Clear Sky faction for example may have totally unexpected consequences on the events in Limansk (and vice-versa).
- Recently, I've been playing and modding Arma 3 a lot, and as of now this is definitely the game I will spend most time on. It doesn't mean that The Warmongers will not be updated anymore after 2_18, but it will no longer be my main project!
Just be a little more patient, I'm currently doing my best to make the new version as great as possible.
Sadly I've ran into some unexpected problem with the soon-to-be-uploaded new version. But it will be uploaded either tomorrow or in two days max. I just need to perform some ultimate fix.
@dariobrit, @ganja_rage97, most issues with save/loads will be fixed in the new version. All you need to do is wait few more hours!
@guest, I believe the mod's readme is clear and consistent enough when it comes to credits. As stated, I couldn't credit EVERYONE I borrowed textures to for the good reason that some of them don't release them with proper readme including author's name and any mean to contact him in order to ask for permission to use his work. Rare are the big mods like this one that have 100% due credits, believe me.
If you want to be credited, and even if you want that I remove some of the textures you made for x reason, I will do it. Only thing I'd say is please state this beforehand in readme files :)
Glad to hear about such a mod being ported to Arma 3 with even more features! Okay I must admit I have never really played CLSA in Arma 2, but I've read hell a lot of positive feedback about it :)
If all goes well, the new version will be uploaded (and eventually available for download, it'll all depend on Modb's authorization process) on Saturday :)
Will be fixed in the next 2_16 version, to be released very soon :)
Wow, everything "arsenal" automatically gets my interest!
New version soon to be released!
*The annoying crashes at the Hospital just before making it to the NPP are now gone.
*Fixed some code that could lead to MAJOR problems while playing. Yantar and Dark Valley should really not be as unstable as before.
*Improved the logic of the factions.
*The mod now FULLY supports 1920x1080 res. Scopes will now work well even on 16:9 monitors.
*Made certain highly memory consuming features of the mod optional only.
*Attached silencers, scopes and grenade launchers will no longer look mis-aligned in inventory.
*Bandits no longer turn naturally hostile to the player after completing the story events at Agroprom.
*Changed and improved the textures of the SM39-3x weapon.
*Changed and improved the textures on some scopes.
*Changed the ugly texture of the PP-3c 2020's scope.
*Removed several respawn locations that were either problematic, useless or even prone to crashes. Changed the logic and sometimes more generally the role (spawned NPCs, faction...) of some other ones. A great work has been done to keep the faction wars as open as possible despite these changes.
*Loners' Technician may now upgrade the classical light Duty's and Freedom's outfits, and the Digger Technician may now upgrade the "Guardian of Freedom" suit.
*The .45 V Explosive rounds (the ones that uses the IMI Desert Eagle "Era") are now a little less powerful.
*Tweaked the PTRD "Hunter" to make it a little more realistic: the weapon is clearly more powerful but is now a lot harder to handle.
*To help Lefty and his squad fighting through Yantar will no longer automatically reset the relations with the Clear Sky faction to neutral.
*Slightly increased the reliability of the VSA Val "Crow" and classical VSA "Val" weapons (again...).
*Fixed professor Saharov holding a weapon in his bunker.
*Fixed a missing Flash Drive.
*Various fixes and improvements.
1. Yes, it's about time I fix that one!
2. Either that, or simply a mutant coming from "Shore of Small Swamp" which causes the Stalkers to start shoting and then notice the Bandits all around (NPCs' sight increases when they're holding a weapon). Sadly, there's nothing I can do as I absolutely want to preserve Ai's good sight.
3. I actually left this on purpose. For some reason I wanted the bandits to turn naturally hostile after the Agroprom events. But I think I will change this with the next version.
4. Believe it or not, I don't know that sidequest! Will definitely look into this. Thanks for reporting it.
5. No way (that I'm aware of) to fix that, unfortunately.
6. Never seen that, but I'll check all this to see what could be wrong.
7. Yes, Lefty and his group will belong to Loners like in vanilla in the next version. That's another thing I edited with many plans for the future but got caught with the insane amount of work this mod gives me to make it even playable...
Thanks for these reports, and sorry about the crashes in Red Forest. Next version will be better :)
You keep saying that you've extracted *PartII*... So I ask, have you extracted PartI as well? PartII mostly contains textures and sounds, including the new loading screens. But the core of the mod is in PartI, eh :p
Yes, you need to open the fsgame.ltx file and set: $game_data$ to: = true