This is the main hub of all Star Wars Role Playing activity on Mod DB. Join by posting a comment in the comment section and we will send you an invite.

  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
Raid
embed
share
view previous next
 
Post comment Comments  (0 - 50 of 140)
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis May 21 2013, 12:06am says:

You know those ships attacking the Lucrehulk look really cool, I wish there was more artwork/pics portraying them individually, maybe some canon and fanon sources about them.

+4 votes     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 21 2013, 3:50pm says:

So... anyone want to RP as the trade convoy?

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 21 2013, 5:04pm says:

* Most ships were instantly crippled withouth their shields. However one defence ship, a refurbished crusader, used it's point defence system to shoot down most incoming solid projectiles (i'm assumin most of your ships are fighters? were's a list?). Their shields started regenerated as it responded with concentrated AF laser fire towards to enemy fighters/bombers.

Still the trade convoy knew they were up against uneven odds. With their exterior defences gone their hopes lied in their interior barricades and obstacles. The head merchant Norun Gep and his men cowarded away at the back of the ship, they were no real fighters. Probably never touched a blaster. *

Srav Kelborn sighed and took command
* This convoy was one of the few trade groups that headed south to Taris. Telos was adjecent to the mandalorian sector. These traders called in for protection after the various coordinated attacks by the pirate 'nym'. No message was sent yet by the pirate force, the traders still hoped that they were simple raiders, though the mandalorian veteran knew better. *

"Let Norun Gep here communicate with them, they might mistake us for weak prey. Hurry up and activate whatever these oldtimers still have in store. The convoy security guards come with me we'll set up barricades."

"Damned pirates! We are nothing but honest traders. You make us chose between death & poverty... well you just try to come and get us!"
Norun tried but made a weak impression, it didn't matter.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 21 2013, 5:07pm says:

* Defensive turrets & barricades were set up, all vents were opened to prevent gas attacks. The hangar defence turrets on the inside were well concealed and could take them by surprise. Lastly the lightly armored security guards put on gas masks and made up the first lines of defence with some of the mandalorians which gave them hope. *

OOC: untill now your takeovers have been kind of a cake walk... Whilst most of our events here are a lot more risky. as your infamy grows, so grow the defences. telos was too close to mando territory to let this slip xD.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Darth-Furere
Darth-Furere May 21 2013, 7:11pm replied:

i agree with wouts statement, we face odds, so should you. :P

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 22 2013, 1:32pm says:

The Crusader is able to destroy a few fighters before the rest wave off, keeping their distance. A volley of turbolaser bolts from an undetected source impact the corvette; the first few hits overload the still-recharging shields, and the next few disable the weapons and compromise the structure of the ship.

The shuttles hang back, save one, which heads for the ship that the transmission originated from, slowly entering the hangar bay. Nym readies his weapons, as do the rest of his crew: Rogue, Shiva, Blacklight, and several others.

OOC: First question: what are the hangar defenses like, as that would slightly influence the last paragraph? Second question: how many Mandalorians are on the ship? And third question: are there Mandalorians on each convoy ship, or just the one? Also, are these Mandalorians wearing beskar'gam, or durasteel armor?

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 22 2013, 2:19pm replied:

OOC: what are the ships in your fleet?
idk how many would be put on there... how many men are raiding the ships? hmm i figured that there would be one large convoy ship, most mandos are on there. and let's say at least two mandos on the smaller ships but not much more than two. Beskar'gam is beskar'gam though most of them are made with durasteel. I figure only the veterans have enough beskar to get themselves armor like that. so only a few have beskad beskar'gam.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 22 2013, 4:22pm replied:

All your sensors would be able to pick up are the fighters.

The fighters are TIE Predators and Neutralizer-class bombers.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 22 2013, 4:27pm replied:

but what fighter/bombers fires such potent turbolasers?

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 22 2013, 4:30pm replied:

The fighters didn't fire the turbolasers; it was a larger ship, just one with sensor-stealth systems.

I would prefer to keep my ships a secret; literally no one aside from the GMs knows (but all the ships are approved). Secrecy is a valuable commodity.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 22 2013, 4:35pm replied:

k

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 22 2013, 4:46pm says:

OOC: yeah well they are internal defences to prevent enemies from entering in and out easily. just turrets.

IC:
"that bought the others some time to motivate each other for the upcoming battle & they barricaded most hallways & corners."

OOC: dunno what else... just do your move.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 22 2013, 4:59pm says:

OOC: Got it.

IC: The shuttle lands and the loading ramp opens, but no personnel come out. After a minute, Nym walks out, leading several men. Before the hangar defense turrets can fire, they are destroyed by coordinated rocket barrages, their locations having been marked by Rogue, who had cloaked and scouted ahead, her stealth skills fooling even the automated turrets.

OOC: Didn't have much to go off of with the turrets, but even if they were concealed, the moment they came out to fire they would have been destroyed. So... yeah.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 22 2013, 5:15pm says:

IC:
* Srav ordered the crew to cut power to the hanger. Immediatly the hangar lights go out, Nym and his crew can't see a thing. The hangar shield deactivates and the emergency blastdoor system is overrided. Due to the sudden loss of pressure their shuttle tilts over and is sucked out and so do Nym and his companions. *

OOC: i'm a gentleman, i'll let you say what happens next. Don't, however, treat this as just a blue milk run. It's an event and your companions may die.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 22 2013, 7:44pm says:

The lights go out and the hangar shield deactivates, sending the shuttle out of the ship. Nym and his crew, having not even stepped off the boarding ramp, are thrown back into the shuttle as it is sucked out. Rogue's cloak drops as she makes a sprint for the boarding ramp; already close to the shuttle, having been rejoining the party, she jumps as the gravity disappears and her momentum carries her into the shuttle even as the ramp closes and the cabin pressurizes. The shuttle stabilizes and Nym gets to his feet, steadying himself.

"Everyone alright?" he asks, looking around. The crew are, for the most part, unharmed, some suffering from decompression sickness. "Right," he mutters. "Let's try that again."

OOC: Never said anyone actually left the shuttle, save Rogue, and as written above, she was rejoining the party. In my last comment I should have added the detail that the rockets were launched from the minimal cover of the shuttle's boarding ramp. Sorry for that confusion.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 23 2013, 11:11am replied:

"After a minute, Nym walks out, leading several men. "

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 23 2013, 11:31am replied:

Whoops, skimmed my own comment several hours after posting it. But I think the result would still be the same, unless you disagree.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 23 2013, 12:36pm replied:

IDk.. Nym would survive allright and so would blacklight due to their suits, however i doubt your normal men, raptor or rogue (if their images are something to go by) would have such protective gear to help them out.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 23 2013, 4:26pm replied:

btw go ahead with a second move afterwards

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 24 2013, 12:16am says:

OOC: Rogue has her own (albeit less advanced than Nym's) suit of armor that aids her stealth capabilities; I mentioned it in her bio, I believe. I'll change my "move" a bit to better reflect the situation.

IC: The shuttle is sucked out, as are the crew. Nym and Blacklight are fine, as is Shiva; as the hangar decompresses, she creates a bubble around herself, keeping the oxygen around her in. Some of the crew, being close to the shuttle, are able to direct themselves into it, but three men are lost to the vacuum of space.

The shuttle stabilizes and picks up Nym, Shiva, and Blacklight, along with Rogue, who drops her cloak. The shuttle's airlock pressurizes and Nym looks around, noting their losses.

"Damn," he mutters, feeling genuine regret for his dead crew. "Right," he mutters, trying to push them to the back of his mind. "Let's try that again."

The shuttle lands once more. This time, the unarmored crew members exit with magnetic boots and pressurized helmets, led again by Nym, who proceeds more cautiously into the ship.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 24 2013, 2:37pm says:

"Hand over every small time explosive to the crafters over here, some makeshift traps might do some damage... or compromise the ship's hull integrity... let's hope not."

* The first hallway they entered was empty and dark. It seemed that they cut off the power at least in and around the hangar bay. Obstacles were placed everywhere to hinder their movement and movement space.

Every one of nym's crew members was alert but even they could not spot out every mine that could be placed along their way *

"Is everyone in place? Allright some mandalorian rules first
Rule 1: Kill 'em before they kill you.
Rule 17: Always make sure they're dead.
& Rule 39: Never say no to bacta.
We have some spare canisters over there."

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 24 2013, 7:58pm says:

Nym halts his crew when they enter the hallway. He notes the various obstacles in place and turns to Shiva. "Sense anyone?"

"No," she replies, "but something doesn't feel right. They've obviously prepared this area for us; they wouldn't abandon it unless they had a purpose to do so."

"Maybe they scattered when we landed?" Nym suggests.

"They have enough here to create a well-fortified emplacement," Shiva responds.

Nym nods and turns to Rogue. "Scout out the area; you're the only one here who can get through anything undetected."

"Right," Rogue says, "but don't expect me to not kill anyone if I have to."

Nym ignores her as she disappears, her cloak engaging.

After a moment, she reappears. "They've mined the area. It looks pretty randomized, as there's no real pattern; I've seen these types of mines before: they're military-grade. I don't think we're dealing with merchants here."

Nym sighs. "Blacklight, think you can disable them?"

"Point me to them," he says, and Rogue nods, leading him to the mines. Nym motions for the other men to watch the entrance to the hallway; they take cover behind some of the mine-less debris, and Nym pours power into his shields, unholstering his pistol; they had cut power to the hallway, which meant they probably didn't have cameras watching, but it never hurt to be safe.

OOC: Hopefully that isn't too much. I've been playing a lot of KotOR lately, and I figured if I were playing a character like Rogue, she would have a high "Awareness" skill and would be able to detect the mines. I'm assuming they're military-grade. Blacklight would be able to disarm them, as he's the technical genius. And if you've cut the power to the hallway, you don't know where we are.

Please don't somehow blow up the minefield and kill two of the companions I've worked fairly hard to develop back-stories for...

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 25 2013, 3:35am replied:

Haha lol nah it's allright for me :P
well they could die, that's why you bring them along right? to kill and get killed... anyway they won't be killed by a cheap minefield :b

+1 vote     reply to comment
=СРБ=Ori`verda
=СРБ=Ori`verda May 25 2013, 3:04am says:

OOC: Between the Crusader-class and the military grade weapons, seems the Mandalorians are heavily involved. Should I make a note of this in the Battle-Net?

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 25 2013, 3:33am replied:

Why not? go ahead :P

+2 votes     reply to comment
=СРБ=Ori`verda
=СРБ=Ori`verda May 25 2013, 6:46am replied:

Well the event has to finish first, how else am I supposed to get a detailed description of the situation? I believe the communications are cut.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 25 2013, 7:40am says:

"Hear that?"

"Hear what? i don't hear anything..."

"Exactly.. no explosions. I knew they were smart enough to evade the mines, though they were carefully hidden... Haran tell the others to be prepared to the fullest, we might have a force user comming."

Some mandos hymned Ka'rta Tor, the security personel with them didn't understand a word but felt like their cause was just

"Men. Honorable guardians of these trade ships. When you get trough this and showed your worth, I will take you to mandalore. We will make soldiers out of you, a noble profession. I know you are tough and smart, this is your chance to protect the weak and join the best."

This at least elevated their morale

+2 votes     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 25 2013, 11:38am says:

Rogue crept through the halls of the trade ship alone, sent ahead, cloaked, to scout for the boarding party; she had evaded the most observant of what both organic and non-organics had to offer with ease before, so a scout job like this is child's play.

She stops when she hears Ka'rta Tor. She recognizes the tune, but continues anyways to confirm her suspicions. She looks around the corner of the hallway, completely undetectable to anything, and spots the first line of defense, noting the armored Mandalorians; she keeps a careful count of the total number.

Nym waits patiently, as does the rest of the crew; after getting through the minefield, they are fairly confident they can handle whatever is coming. Rogue reappears in the midst of the group, startling a few of them."Rogue," Nym acknowledges. "What are we up against?"

"Mandalorians," she replies, and some of the men exchange nervous glances. "There aren't many of them, but they're there. They've set up a barricade not far from here."

"Right," Nym mutters, sighing. He had always wanted to go up against Mandalorians, but he knew his crew would be in the crossfire of such a battle. Strategies run through his head as to how to deal with the Mandalorians. "What exactly are we up against?"

OOC: How many men are at the barricade? How many of those are Mandalorian?

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 25 2013, 12:48pm replied:

OOC: that's a bit difficult to answer since i don't know how many men you have and your companions are a bit OP xD
if i say 20 you might say you have 50... idk

Let's say you attacked the largest ship. something like this:
Starwars.wikia.com

It has a crew of 100 but it 'only' requires a minimum of 50 to stay operational. so let's say another 10 are merchants. That leaves 30 security personel and 10 mandos (what can i say dark times :P). Don't underestimate the mandos however, they are mercenaries and carry illegal & black market weaponery.

Also let's say there are 3 barricades before you get to the main room. The first one with 2 mandos and 10 sec p.
The second and third one with 10 sec p. and one mando each.

6 mandos and 10 sec. p. are dug in in the main hallway, a small claustrophobic area in between the containers. space between the containers allowed the defenders to hide themselves. after that you have the bridge where the merchants are hiding. The crew took up whatever they had to fight (they don't need to keep teh ship in operating status) and are spread thin amongst those 4 posts in irregular numbers. the others are at the bridge.

good?

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 25 2013, 1:34pm replied:

I've got seventeen men total (I lost three) including co.panions and Nym.

Sounds good to me.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 25 2013, 2:07pm replied:

you only have seventeen?

then i might lower our numbers as i have the fear that you'll now overpower us despite the numerical advantage.

btw what is fido's configuration? if you have him with you.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 25 2013, 6:10pm replied:

Fido's not with me; he's being upgraded, so I'm not taking him out until he's 100%. Seems a fair trade-off after the EMP from the last raid.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 25 2013, 6:13pm replied:

Doesn't he have emp shielding as you state in your description? or is that the 'upgrade'? :P

Not gm approved i hope.. the heavy shielding and heavy armor makes it powerfull enough as it is the companion of your companion.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 25 2013, 6:26pm replied:

I got rid of the heavy shielding. I haven't updated the description in a while.

And I actually forgot I put EMP shielding in the description. Silly me.

xD

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 25 2013, 4:30pm says:

that also means you can continue... since there is a lot fighting ahead,
i suggest you make bigger moves now, longer than just one comment.
as long as you are fair, when in doubt ask. when something goes horribly wrong, we'll just correct it k? :P

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 27 2013, 11:24pm says:

OOC: Sorry, I've been busy. This is the first chance I've gotten to respond.

IC: Nym motions for his men to halt and cloaks, vanishing from sight. Two grenades are lobbed over the defensive barriers; they each release a pulse of electricity strong enough to stun any humanoid for an extended period of time without protection from electric attacks. This eliminates the majority of the defense crew, aside from the Mandalorians.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 28 2013, 3:52pm says:

While 6 fell to the ground spazzing around due to the electrical shocks, the others returned fire immediatly. The mandos nodded. They drew their rippers and threw severl glop grenades. The foam spread rapidly and prevented the pirates from moving. The foam also covered the cloacked nym which made him and any other potentially cloacked figures visible. They fired their rippers, the heavy pistols pierced his shields and did direct damage.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 29 2013, 12:21am says:

The grenades are repulsed by a Force wave from Shiva. Nym, having retreated back to cover immediately following his grenade throws, is unaffected by the counter-attack.

As the Mandalorians fire their weapons, Nym emerges from cover for a moment, firing a shot from Viper. The high-caliber round slices through the armor of one of the Mandalorians and rips apart his collar-bone; without the support, his firing arm goes limp. Nym fires off another shot that finishes the Mandalorian, disabling him, before retreating back to cover. Several shots from the Mandalorians' Rippers passed through his shields; most were absorbed by the armor's weave, but one lucky round passed through and grazed his arm. He ignores the wound and prepares for a counter-attack. He nods to Shiva, who prepares a protective barrier for the coming offensive.

OOC: Hopefully that wasn't too much. The second shot from Viper might be, but I think the first shot is a viable attack, and a shattered collar-bone is a debilitating injury regardless.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 29 2013, 9:11am says:

OOC:
I have no problem with the second shot though i do have a problem with nym's ultra quick escape and the way you avoided the grenades. i saw it comming so i used those glop grenades that detonate instantly and spread foam out for at least 10 meters. even if she pushed it back, it would've detonated and covered nym... you also did not mention the 4 security guards firing on your pirates.

IC: Only nym and some other pirates standing closer to the barricade got covered in foam. Nym managed to get back, but before he could get to cover and disable one of the mandalorians he was hit with more slugs that put a serious strain on his armor.

The security personel shot several pirates dead before running to the second barricade. Due to the foam they could not prevent them from doing so. The only one left standing was the mandalorian

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 29 2013, 9:32am replied:

Here's how I'm envisioning this:

There's a corner leading into the corridor that's protected by Shiva. Behind this corner wait the pirate forces. Nym leaves this cover and throws his grenades (he's cloaked, so they wouldn't see it coming) then immediately retreats back to the corner. The glop grenades are repelled by Shiva and following this, Nym takes a shot at one of the Mandalorians with Viper from the corner. His men then prepare for an attack, with Shiva preparing a barrier to shield them.

Does that make sense?

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 29 2013, 9:47am replied:

yeah allright then...

terrain:
since we're not in the container area, these are narrow creeping hallways with lot's of smaller corridors leading to it meant for the tech personel. Most of these are blocked and/or lead to nowhere in particular. Power is still cut, but some emergency lights are working. the defenders are 'entrenched' while there isn't much other cover there.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 29 2013, 9:51am says:

So the terrain is not nearly how I envisioned it?

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 29 2013, 10:08am replied:

let's say you do have quite some cover before the first barricade, so it's kind of like you see it then.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 29 2013, 5:26pm says:

Nym nods to Shiva. She raises the barrier and the pirates leave their cover, opening fire with their blaster rifles set at low power. Nym fires Viper at any exposed targets; the hypervelocity rounds make short work of any target that comes out of cover. Shiva keeps the barrier up, despite obvious strain.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 30 2013, 11:55am says:

The soldiers aren't suicidal enough to pop their heads out, instead they wait for them to get closer. The barricades are fairly high so the pirates can't shoot them.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 30 2013, 1:38pm replied:

So it's basically a stand still? My men are protected by a barrier and are firing suppressively. Your men are protected by barriers and are unable to fire effectively without looking up. Ergo, we are at an impasse.

+1 vote     reply to comment
=СРБ=Ori`verda
=СРБ=Ori`verda May 30 2013, 2:41pm replied:

Until your ammo runs out from firing suppressively.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 30 2013, 3:33pm replied:

Or until I order a seize-fire due to the waste of ammunition...

xD

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 30 2013, 4:14pm replied:

Indeed, would you want us to peek around and give away our advantage? sure xD

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 30 2013, 6:15pm says:

Nym orders the men to stop firing after a few seconds, realizing quickly that the defenders are well-dug in. Shiva keeps the shield up in preparation for a counter-attack, and the men keep their blasters ready just in case there is a coming counter-attack. Out of sight of the defenders, hunkered down as they are, Nym disappears from view, as does Rogue.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Post a Comment
click to sign in

You are not logged in, your comment will be anonymous unless you join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) which we encourage all contributors to do.

2000 characters limit; HTML formatting and smileys are not supported - text only

Description

A shipment en route to Telos exits hyperspace and is immediately beset upon by fighters and bombers; defense escorts are targeted and their weapons and shields are torn apart simultaneously. The trade ships are next, any defenses quickly being obliterated, shields taken out. Escort fighters are disabled, but not destroyed.

A message is routed through the trade convoy: "We want the cargo, not your lives. We won't harm you if you don't resist."

Shuttles are dispatched to the various trade ships, with fighters hovering around the escort ships. Communications were jammed at the start of the attack.

Nym readies his weapons, nodding to his assembled crew: Shiva, Blacklight, and Rogue, along with several other men.

Everything on Telos seems normal, and no notice is taken of the attack.

Image Details
Type
Entertainment
Date
May 20th, 2013
By
AK151
Size
800×1037
Options
URL
Embed (big)
Embed
Share
Report Abuse
Report media
Add Media
Members only