This is the main hub of all Star Wars Role Playing activity on Mod DB. Join by posting a comment in the comment section and we will send you an invite.

  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
Journey
embed
share
view previous next
 
Post comment Comments
AK151
AK151 Mar 18 2013, 9:49pm says:

The Colonial Marine Outpost detects a hyperspace signature but sensors do not show any sign of a ship. Suddenly, a shuttle appears close to the station, requesting permission to land.

OOC: Thank you Praxis!

xD

+1 vote     reply to comment
Darth-Furere
Darth-Furere Mar 18 2013, 10:18pm says:

Nvm lol i shouldnt get involved :P

+1 vote     reply to comment
Darth-Furere
Darth-Furere Mar 19 2013, 10:45am says:

Well if you guys dont mind, i can command sone EU forces

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 19 2013, 2:48pm replied:

Nope

+1 vote     reply to comment
Darth-Furere
Darth-Furere Mar 19 2013, 2:52pm replied:

dam xD i tried :P

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain Mar 19 2013, 5:51pm says:

can i join as OG-84. we could say praxis is trying to round up the old team as they were so successful at dac

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 19 2013, 9:57pm replied:

Not exactly, but I certainly don't mind if more people join. I won't make it as complex as the Dac event, so it will be easier to manage you all as long as you take turns. (Since AK is sort of the Main character in this, after all he asked for the event, and he'll be on at the same hours as I will and maybe more often, he'll have comment priority. He can make maybe 2-3 comments with each "turn" at the most if you don't reply within a reasonable amount of time.)

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 19 2013, 11:27pm says:

*Once granted permission to enter the atmosphere and land at the outpost, Nym descends closer to the planets service, heading towards the coordinates given to him. At first he flies over the dark side of the planet. It was surprisingly fertile and beautiful, and warmer that one would expect. He passed over some of the mega-city that spanned throughout much of the planet. Other than the so-called "City of Night", snow-capped mountains and dense forests containing bio-luminescent plants and wildlife dominated the surface of Minerva.*

*This was a sharp contrast to the other, sun-baked side, of the planet. The heat generated from the system's 3 stars rendered the other half a desert wasteland. The vast cities and wondrous features of the dark side all seemed to end at the border of these two dramatically different worlds. Nym was finally nearing his destination, he arrived to a dome structure, which was protecting its contents from the desert heat and weather (sand storms). A large hatch on the top of the dome opens and Nym is directed to a landing pad inside. The base inside looked to be like any other generic outpost layout, barracks, an armory, warehouses for supplies, landing pads, etc, and of course the control center in the middle. The entire base was overrun in vegetation, much of the ground was covered rock, soil, and pools of clean water. It was a habitat dome of some sort, it was kept cool by the fresh clean air provided by the vegetation and the protection of the dome itself.*

*A couple officers come to the landing pad and greet Nym, and lead him to the control center. The interior of the CC looked similar to the layout of the other outpost he reported to for the job on Mon Calamari. At the center of the room was a holo-table, on the other side he saw a familiar droid, OG-84. The officer told him to wait here and that the commander would return from patrol to brief them shortly.*

OOC: Had a little creative fun with that one. ^_^

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Mar 19 2013, 11:31pm says:

Nym rolls his eyes in annoyance inside his helmet when he sees OG-84, but refrains from voicing any concerns. On his hips are holstered his two signature gauss pistols, and on his back, concealed, is his collapsed vibro-pike. Slung across his shoulder is his rifle. He inclines his head, acknowledging OG-84, and waits patiently for the commander.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 20 2013, 12:19am says:

*A few minutes of waiting and the commander enters the CC, the guards at the entrance salute him.*

"At ease. Hello gentlemen, I'm Commander Frevik Ian, I oversee operations out in these parts of the desert. We don't got time to lose, so I'll cut to the important stuff."

*He inserts a data-disk into a slot in the holo-table. It displays a holo-video of Nym's target in action.*

Moddb.com

*At first the holo shows a group of Mercs with the Union symbol on the shoulder pads of their armor, Colonial Marines. They're panicked and firing away at something, suddenly they scream and the thing that was apparently chasing them comes into view. Just as they are sluaghtered, the holo freezes on the perpetrator.*

"Voss Freeg, the 'Wreckluse' is a nickname he also goes by. He's a mean bastard with a reputation for intense violence. He runs the largest, oldest and most powerful pirate organization in Cresh, they are also known to operate in the Outer Rim sectors of the main galaxy. Anything that's illegal and dangerous like drugs and guns, he produces and sells it. Anything valuable that wanders into his space: He steals it. He your model scumbag pirate, the only reason he hasn't been well known up until recently is that most of the people that run into his crew end up dead. He didn't become much of a direct problem to the Union up until recently either."

*The holo displays other recordings of Vreeg as they go on with the briefing.*

"Your jobs is to capture him. Won't be easy though, which is why the higher ups chose you for the job Nym, this sort of thing is well suited to your skill set."

"Any questions before we continue?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Mar 20 2013, 12:21am says:

"What in the..." Nym mutters as he sees his target. "How the hell does this thing exist? Never mind, I don't care."

"He rely on those cybernetics of his?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 20 2013, 12:47am says:

"Its probably obvious to you now that the Exterior Union wasn't the first group of people that had the bright idea of settling in the companions. Pirates, smugglers, fugitives, and people with nowhere else to go have all been coming here for decades, perhaps centuries, before the founders of the Union organized the mass colonization that's been going on these last few years. Eventually many of them organized into their own factions and started fighting each other for control. Freeg has been fighting for a very long time, he's won a lot, and lost some, but mostly he kicked a lot of *** and united many of the pirate factions under his rule, and as you can see he has quite a few battle scars to show for it."

"To answer your question: Yeah, you can safely assume that he depends on those cybernetics to keep himself alive. However, he seems to be nearly impregnable to damn near everything, multiple layers of shielding, along with insulated components to protect himself from EMP and Ion blasts. You guys aren't the first ones we sent after this guy. As you can plainly see, many of the poor bastards your seeing on these holo-recordings have tried most of the stuff your probably thinking of now. We've underestimated Freeg far too many times, lets hope the intel we gathered so far will be enough to help you."

*He shuts off the holo and pulls out the data disk, and hands it to Nym, an officer hands a copy to OG-84 as well.*

"This is everything we've gathered so far on Voss. Now, follow me."

*He leads Nym and OG-84 out of the CC.*

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Mar 20 2013, 1:07am says:

Nym follows, trying to think up methods of eliminating the pirate.

"That upper half, is it organic, or does it also rely on cybernetics. Is that metal head a helmet or is that his skull?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain Mar 20 2013, 3:23am says:

"Why not just simply bombard his compound from orbit, or is this another one of those 'underground lairs'?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 20 2013, 2:37pm says:

"We don't know much about that, though based on recordings and sensor data from some of the other outposts he's raided, we believe his torso and head are partially organic. The metal head is probably his skull judging by its size."

*The commander leads them through an underground tunnel and they take a lift to whats seems to be another, smaller dome. He listens to OG-84's question.*

"He doesn't exactly have a specific hideout. This desert is vast, and he's one of the few people that know their way around it. He can literally be hiding anywhere at anytime, we don't have the resources to look everywhere. So instead we found a way to flush him out and have him come to us."

*The commander leads them off of the lift and up some stairs. This dome had to large doorways and opposite ends, in the middle ran two parallel train tracks, and on those tracks were two locomotives pulling a massive artillery gun.*

"This will be part of step one of our plan to do just that, any other questions?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain Mar 20 2013, 4:14pm says:

"have you pinpointed a possible location where he will be? and if so when, where and how shall we strike after the bombardment draws him out?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
CrazyOldTeenager
CrazyOldTeenager Mar 22 2013, 1:44am says:

Dang...too bad I'm stuck in another battle. XD

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 22 2013, 2:13am replied:

You can join as another character if you want, just for fun. That's what Pain's been doing. A bit late, but I can improvise.

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain Mar 23 2013, 3:07pm says:

soooo..... is ak going to do anything?

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Mar 23 2013, 7:36pm replied:

I'm waiting on Praxis. Didn't think there was anything noteworthy to comment on.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 25 2013, 1:28pm says:

"Like I said before, we have no idea where he is now. We do, however, know where some of his crew operates. We're going to hit what we've discovered to be a large death stick production facility, deep in the desert. The entrance to their underground drug factory is beneath a habitat dome, much like these. The one they got is fortified though, and deep in some of the most hostile parts of the desert. Using the railway gun, we're gonna blow a hole in it, and you'll lead an assault team to take it out."

"We'll need you to capture the foreman of the factory Nym, we believe he holds valuable Intel on the drug operations that go on in Cresh and the Outer Rim, among other things. The main objective of this Op is to force Freeg out of hiding and come to us. We take out one of his last sources of income, he's sure to try to get some payback."

*An officer rushes up with something in his hand. Him and the commander greet each other.*

"Whats the matter corporal?"

"Almost thought they had had already left, here."

*He hands something to the commander*

"Whats this?"

"Something the engineers cooked up, its a portable device that could help them out fighting Freeg. They said its an EMP."

"We already tried that on him. What makes..."

"They said that if you attach this thing directly on him, it will send the pulse through his nervous and electrical systems, and bypass the insulated components."

"Excellent! Wish they came up with this sooner. Thatnks for bringing this up to us."

"No problem sir."

*He hands the device to Nym.*

"Well that's all I've got for you. You've got a train to catch so I won't keep you. Good luck."

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix Mar 25 2013, 2:35pm replied:

OOC: I wouldn't mind playing one of the villains if you don't mind mind, maybe not that Freeg fellow but that foreman of the factory.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 26 2013, 3:29am replied:

Sure. I'll cue you in once your role in the event comes up.

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain Mar 25 2013, 6:31pm says:

"uh, and what about me?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Mar 25 2013, 6:32pm says:

Nym flashes a grin towards OG-84, though it is concealed by his helmet, and nods. "One thing: am I working alone with this droid," he gestures to OG-84, "or can I go ahead and drop in some back-up?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 26 2013, 3:36am says:

"Not exactly, aboard that train is a platoon of Mercs from the Rounders Guild. They'll be the ones responsible for manning the gun and guarding it. They'll also provide back-up for the assault on the factory. As for you OG-84, we hired you on to take on a specific task that should suit your skills. But that will come up later, an officer up in the command center will keep you updated from here on out. You two will be working together defending the train, but after you reach the factory, you'll be splitting up. If you want to call in some back-up, that's fine, but your pay for the job will only account for you, we won't be paying for anyone or anything else you bring in on the job. That will be your responsibility."

"Now, I got to get back on patrol, there are other fish to fry besides Freeg out there. Good luck."

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain Mar 26 2013, 5:32am says:

"very well, let us be off, it's about time i shot at something"

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Mar 26 2013, 6:22pm says:

Nym nods and taps a button on his helmet, opening a secure communications link to the shuttle. "Have Shiva and Rogue on stand-by, just in case we need them." He closes the channel and nods in approval. "Let's do this."

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Mar 31 2013, 2:39pm says:

*The two bounty hunters board the train, and start on their journey into the desert.*

Moddb.com

*The train consisted of two locomotives with blaster cannon turrets at the front. The artillery cannon had four more on each corner on its car. After that were four rail cars containing extra ammo for the gun which a crane at the back of its turret would haul up and load into the gun. Finally there were twelve cars on each side with the mercs and crewmen in charge of guarding and operating the train and the cannon. Among those rail cars were 4 armored cars with light turbolaser turrets mounted on top of them (2 on each track)*

*They rode for a few hours until they were about half-way to their destination. Where they began to feel the ground shake, an earthquake, at least that was the impression at first.*

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Apr 1 2013, 6:23pm says:

The train begins to shake and Nym gets up. "Something isn't right," he mutters, grabbing his rifle and heading outside to get a look at what was going on.

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain Apr 2 2013, 5:42pm says:

"You're right, this earthquake was definitely not caused by natural means. Something's causing this, which probably means they know we're here."

OG-84 readied his weapons as he expected something bad to happen and headed outside.

"and to think i actually expected everything to go as planned... rookie error."

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Apr 3 2013, 7:00pm says:

OOC: Now that the Zonoma Battle should be coming to a close, and I got a bit more free time, I'll focus more on the event.

*Nym and OG-84 look out the windows of the car but don't see anything going on. The mercs do the same, trying to figure out whats going on. Finally Nym climbs up a ladder to the top of the rail car to get a better view. He finds more mercs either startled up after lounging on top, being kicked awake by some of the captains.*

"Hey you!"

*One of the merc captains calls out to Nym from another car on the opposite track. He fires a grappling hook to the rail car Nym was on. It quickly pulls him towards it, he grabs on to the ledge where another merc helps him up.*

"You must be Nym, you can call me Migraine."

"Migraine?" *Nym asked, thinking the name was odd.*

"Its a nickname I picked up. Long story. I would have met up with you sooner during the trip, but there was some problems that came up. We're part of the Rounders, a mercenary guild under the Colonial Military. Been fighting Freeg's crew ever since he starting attacking the settlements in the system. Anyway, one of those 'problems' I mentioned before involves the quakes. We lost contact with several patrols that were supposed to be scouting the railway. What's strange is that we haven't been losing the ones close to the area we're headed to. In fact we've heard word that a few pirate outposts have disappeared as well. Its mostly happening to the southwest of where we are now, near the quarantine zone."

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain Apr 5 2013, 6:38pm replied:

OOC: migraine? sounds awfully familiar

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Apr 23 2013, 6:17pm replied:

Its from SupCom 2, if you haven't notice I rip off stuff from a lot of videogames I like.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Apr 8 2013, 11:16pm says:

Nym waits for Migraine to continue. "Alright," Nym says, when the mercenary says nothing. "What do you need me to do?"

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Apr 23 2013, 9:05am says:

OOC: Oke-dokey, guess I'll throw in a response now.

"I just need you guys to be on your guard, there..."

*He was interrupted by an even more intense shaking. A few hundred meters behind the train, in the direction Migraine was speaking of on the side of the train they were standing on and dust cloud was emerging, far too small to be a storm. At first it wasn't very noticeable, but as it grew larger and closer, many of the crewmen and mercs began to realize it wasn't any normal dust cloud. The rumbling became less intense but more constant. A minute after it had appeared the culprit behind the dust cloud converging on the train burst forth from the ground.*

Moddb.com

"Oh... crap... the rumors weren't BS after all." *Several of the mercs begin to stare in terror, others panic. The squad commanders start rounding up the soldiers and crew, giving out orders. The men take up positions, manning the defense turrets. Most importantly the artillery cannon is prepped to fire.*

*Migraine looks toward Nym and OG-84* "Get on one of the defense turrets and start blasting away at that thing! We need to drive it back before it knocks us off the track! Or worse..."

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 Apr 23 2013, 11:55pm says:

"You've got to be kidding me," Nym growls, rushing to one of the turrets. He hops in and the gun swivels until it is aiming at the massive creature. The gun cage shakes as the weapon opens fire, sending mass projectile rounds towards the giant creature.

OOC: Not sure exactly how to respond to that, but hopefully what I wrote will do.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ρrʌжis
Ρrʌжis Apr 24 2013, 1:33am replied:

OOC: Fine for now, really the only thing you can do atm. I'll wait for Pain's reply

+1 vote     reply to comment
Post a Comment
click to sign in

You are not logged in, your comment will be anonymous unless you join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) which we encourage all contributors to do.

2000 characters limit; HTML formatting and smileys are not supported - text only

Description

*Nym finally receives the big bounty he had been looking for, one that would be worth his time and test his skills. A client had approached him and gave him an overview on what he was supposed to do.*

"Head to Minerva, in Companion Cresh, you are going to hunt down one of the remaining Pirate Lords that still defies the Union. His name is Raul Vandal. We know little about him, only what he looks like, and where he is now. Minerva is the economic center of Cresh, and he plans to take back control of it. We need to find out how he plans to do that and stop him. Your to head to a Colonial Marine Outpost at these coordinates, there you'll be briefed on the current situation."

OOC: Here you go AK, though this event is mostly for Nym, anyone else that is interested is free to join.

Image Details
Type
Entertainment
Date
Mar 18th, 2013
Size
1920×1080
Options
URL
Embed (big)
Embed
Share
Report Abuse
Report media
Add Media
Members only