The 'Item Library', that is accessed via the main menu screen in Vox is a valuable resource and very useful to keep track of all the items currently in your game of Vox.
The item library will show you a grid view of all the .vox files in your game, these files can be organised into different directories or categories and you can see the auto-generated thumbnails for each of the .vox files. (This is generated when you save a .vox file)
The item library is also useful to quickly edit and create new items. Once you have selected an item and clicked on the items button, the creation editor GUI will open up and the Vox file will be loaded directly for you to edit.
Some of the additional features that are planned to be added to the item library are:
- Item searching.
- Tags and keywords attached to object files.
- Ability to connect to other 'data-stores' to download items you don't have.
- Use the item library to share your creations. Turn it into a hub/area for players to connect to each others and share creations.
- Allow for loading the item library in game as well as from the front-end.
- GUI and aesthetics customization by the player.
The Item Library feature is planned to be included in the next update version of Vox v0.20.