This is the first full Installer of version 0.9.5 - With HD textures for all original missions, new vegetation, new water and lava, improved fire flames...
Looking Glass Studios released the sequel to Thief in 2000. Utilizing the same DARK engine that powered the original Thief, Thief II had an almost identical look and feel, with only minor graphical and programming improvements. The basic gameplay was also fundamentally similar to the original Thief, but many new elements had been added, including technological gadgets such as a remote eye camera. Other changes include an increase in the number of A.I. behaviors, and the addition of female guards and soldiers.
Responding to criticisms of the original Thief, the missions in Thief II were designed much more around typical thief-like behavior, and much of the game is spent robbing the rich denizens of the City rather than battling monsters. In fact, the player encounters almost none of the monsters from the original Thief except for burrick heads mounted as trophies in some of the mansions, and a few zombies and apparitions. Also, the designers stated that unlike the original Thief where levels were developed to suit the plot, in Thief II levels were designed first and making the plot work with them was somewhat of a retrofit.
The first full Installer of version 0.9.5 is out!
With HD textures for all original missions, new vegetation, new water and lava, improved fire flames, NewDark Graphics Settings Tool and the Water Mod Tool.
- added HD textures for all original missions (A Special Thanks goes to "C-Beam" for his fantastic T2 textures! About 30 % of all textures are from C-Beam.)
- added new vegetation
- added new water and lava textures
- added new torch and fire flames
- added new Ape-Beast HD skin
- added "NewDark Graphics Settings Tool" - use this tool to config your thief 2 graphics settings (Anti-Aliasing, Bloom FX...)
- added "Water Mod Tool" - use this tool to choose your own favorite water mod!
- added AM16s Thief2 Fixed version 1.1e (Thank you AntiMatter_16 for your hard work!)
- fixed some textures