This installer includes the launcher with an updater. Think to uninstall any older version of Stargate Network before to install the launcher.
In SGC, a lot of programs faithfully reproduced from the famous Dialing Program to others programs least knowns will able you to take the place of Walter Harriman, with many features to control the Stargate and the Cheyenne Mountain Base. You will be able to play in fullscreen and others player will be able to see what you are doing. This will be the main feature of our first release, an extraordinary 3D simulator!
After the first release, we will regularly emerge new themed add-ons that will add their own set of new content (worlds, weapons, equipments, characteres, programs...) and new features : grades and evolutive system, life simulating, spaceships, research, crafting...in short what is found in a modern game.
A smaller team assigned to the Pegasus galaxy is currently building the incredible city of Atlantis, including its own stargate, technologies, simulating programs...
We're also opened to the creation of a SGU dedicated team if people are interested to take part .
This is an unofficial and no profit fan-game.
Stargate SG-1 is the property of Stargate (II) Productions, MGM, Showtime Networks, Double Secret Productions, Gekko Film Corp. No copyright infringement is intended.
After a long absence we have some great news!
1. An optimisation patch is coming
We mainly spent the last few months to overcome the performance issues experienced by several players. To give you an idea, we believe we have at least doubled the number FPS.
The following points that were reviewed:
- Added a graphics options menu to facilitate the transition to full screen and change resolutions, these options will allow you to disable some effects such as post-process or programs animation. We also have added the ability to enable anti-aliasing, which was absent in the first version.
- Deleted all dynamic lights. While we needed to put some dynamic lighting to counter some technical problems, we were able to get the same rendering with static lighting, thereby obtaining a considerable gain on the performance of the SGC in general.
- Fixed models. Many with imperfections have been redesigned, and the UV lightmap that was omitted by a modeler has been made, further improving the quality and performances.
- Revised the programs display system. While the texture was previously the same in global view as in full screen view, it was reduced by half for the global view, reducing the consumption of graphics memory (and thus opening the game to a wider range of graphics cards). Double benefit, the program seems more smooth only drawback, it is reloaded when you go in full screen, reinitializing some animations.
Of course, you also will enjoy a few new surprises with this new version!
2. Fusion with the SNL development team
Great new, the Stargate No Limits team which we were already partners with for three years, has decided to merge with us to combine our forces more effectively! We now work together on the same sources of development. But don't worry, each project (FPS one hand and the other RPG) will still exist. However, this merge will allow us to restart on a sound basis by rewriting all the code and re-import all our assets in a new editor. Fortunately, as we now have two programmers, we expect it to take us two months to make this transition, and we assure you in advance that the result will meet your expectation!
SGN and SNL will also release a few updates of their current versions in parallel...
3. New partnairship
A new partnership was formed with an American studio that wants to see our project be finished. In addition of technical assistance and the internationalization they bring to the project, major changes on the future of our games can be predicted. However, they will remain confidential until we are able to reveal them. See you next year to maybe learn more about it...
I leave you with an overview of the new menu that is in itself a pretty small simulator ;-)
Latest tweets from @sgnetwork1
Nov 22 2013, 5:10am
A lot of work to do, but not enough time... #SGNetwork
Oct 10 2013, 4:10am
Sep 23 2013, 1:50pm
Just posted a new ingame screen of Atlantis on ModDB... more to come in the coming weeks! T.co
Aug 21 2013, 1:20pm
@Janus_SGN That would be nice!
Jul 20 2013, 5:07am
And the last Youtube video for today (without audio comments), with a Gate activation. :-) T.co
Jul 18 2013, 9:38am
Here's a great review, in german! Thanks to LetsTeamPlayDE! T.co
Jul 18 2013, 9:35am
New video reviews! Here's the first, with a gate activation: T.co
Jul 18 2013, 8:37am
790 downloads on ModDB, and more if counting our first link ... Amazing! T.co
Jun 26 2013, 5:21am