This is a Un-official listing of know game Errors Messages and how you can fix them.
Happens if you get disconnected from a server in a unclean way and the server did not unlock your CD-Key at the Master Server. Wait about ~5 minutes and stay disconnected, then connect again, and the Message will not appear again. Please note if your IP changes you will also get this error.
*.bsp Files are levels, if the games tells you it could not find the Level you need to download the level.
Search for the level using google or any else search engine.
Many levels for Elite Force II can be found at effiles.com and Moddb.com
This happens if you try to connect to a server which runs a Modification.
Your game tries to load the Mod from your hard drive and fails.
Scroll up in the console window and look for the line: "Current search path:"
On the next line you will see the Folder your game has created, it is the folder for the mod you are missing.
You can search for the Mod, download and install it or you can try to fake a installation, close the game and start it again and it will work as normal again.
To fake the installation of the mod you are missing copy the file "cgamex86.dll" and "gamex86.dll" from the folder /base/ into the newly created Folder.
My recommendation is that you download the mod, if you fake it you will have files missing such as models, textures, sounds which could make you unable to see or hear other players.
This is a Special effects sound read error. It should just happen once per
level, if you close the game and start it again this error will be gone
and not reappear on that level.
If you are using Vista:
- go to your elite force II installation directory(default: C:\Program Files\Activision\EF2\), right click on EF2.exe and choose Properties
- go to Compatibility tab, enable Compatibility mode and set it for Windows XP
- disable Desktop Composition
- enable running with Administrative privilege level
- try running the game directly from EF2.exe file
If it still does not work, update/downdate your drivers for the Graphics-card as follows:
- Un-install the old drivers, use un-install Wizard, or any tool which is delivered with your driver.
- Reboot your pc with default drivers and install the already downloaded new/old driver
If you are a scripter don't worry it probably was not you, this error occurs on maps with many Path-Nodes, it will not have any side effect for you, so you can ignore it.
If you think it is your script, search for a while command that does not have any wait commands or else delays to slow down the while command, and correct it by adding a wait(0.01); command inside the while loop.
This Error happens if a server provides to much data in the information configuration-variables. To fix this the server administrator needs to remove all unnecessary configuration-variables from the server configuration-file.
This can happen when your are using a newer Graphics-Card, especially such as ATI HD. Since ATI has not added the EF2.exe to their exception list the Game gets started with the wrong OpenGl version (4.0).
How to fix:
- Rename the EF2.exe into quake3.exe, that will basically fix almost all the issues.
- Fore detailed Informations please read on at ritualistic.com
This can happen when your are using a Router or you started the wrong Server Type.
How to fix:
- Make sure you forward the (UDP) ports at your Router that Elite Force II needs(29253 to 29256), this is called Port forwarding.
- You need to start it as Dedicated Internet Server or your Server will not be listed
- The server must also be started with the parameter g_gametype 1, if you try to start the server not from within the game menu
- To see your local server you need to add it to the favourites, the IP is 127.0.0.1 port: 29253 to 29256
This can happen when you trying to load a Save Game which has been saved before your had the Official Patch 1.1 installed.
How to fix:
- You can delete that save game and load the Mission from the Main menu in New Game after selecting your Skill level.
- Load the mission manually; Open up the game console and type in map
to activate cheats.
Example: devmap m4l1a-attrexian_station
Please use our list of map names to find your last level.