Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
New features including scriptable HUD images, a versus mode HUD with scripted sound and animation, improved versus camera tilt, improved support for more than one controller, controller settings live update, 'threat' poses when holding attack key, experimental 'multiple lives' damage model, and more!
Posted by jeffr on Mar 5th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added scriptable HUD images
- Added versus mode HUD with scripted sound and animation
- Improved versus camera tilt
- Improved support for more than one controller
- Controller settings live update
- Fixed leg stretching when characters collide
- Added some 'threat' poses when holding attack key
- Testing out 'multiple lives' damage model
- Fixed problem with non-square compressed textures
- Fixed bug when level resets while one character is standing on another
- Characters look at defeated enemies
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.