With tons of games entered, it was hard choosing, but here are the 10 finalists which will be showcasing at Develop in Brighton.
Delegates to the conference will be able to play all ten games on 20 and 21 July in the Indie Showcase area situated within the Expo. The winning game as chosen by the judges will be announced at 1.30pm on Thursday 21 July.
There will also be the chance for all attendees to vote for their favourite Showcase game in the People’s Choice Award – voting slips to be provided and awards presented to the winning developer in a ceremony closing the conference at 5pm on the Thursday.
- The Dream Machine by Cockroach - a point & click adventure game on PC with characters and props made out of materials like clay and cardboard. You play as a couple who've just moved into a new apartment and discover that all is not as it seems.
- Kairo by Locked Door Puzzle - an atmospheric 3D exploration and puzzle solving game on PC. Enter this lost world and slowly uncover the true purpose of Kairo and fulfil a great destiny.
- Skulls of the Shogun by Haunted Temple Studios - this arcade strategy game on PC is an invigorating cocktail of 1960's flavoured sorcery, arcade button mashing pace and turn based strategy.
- Amoebattle by Intrinsic Games - a real-time strategy game developed for the Nintendo DSi. You are a microbiologist with the ability to control amoebas and you must use strategy and wits to defend the microscopic world!
- GliD by Spiderling Games - a single player exploration game on PC in which you play as a small robot tasked with exploring and restoring an abandoned world.
- Orc Attack by Casual Brothers – a beat’em up multiplayer game for PC, Xbox 360 & PS3. Take the role of a funny and somewhat grubby Orc warrior, who needs to help his mates to recapture their ancestral lands.
- The Swapper by Facepalm Games - an ambient puzzle platformer, it features game mechanics centred around the main character's ability to create clones and swap consciousnesses with them.
- Fate of the World by Red Redemption - a PC game that uses scientific models as a backdrop to a challenging and thought-provoking strategy simulation.
- Creavures by Muse Games - set in a world with beautiful phosphorescent colours players will take control of five miniature mythical creatures to help them solve mysterious platforming puzzles.
- To-Fu The Trails of Chi by HotGen – an iPad game where the player's main objective is to reach the mystical Fortune Kitty - however, more experienced gamers will enjoy the optional challenge of collecting the game’s 300 emblems.