A few centuries after the apocalypse, ice in the two poles have melted and the earth has no land left. Disorder and riot occurs everywhere. Governments were destroyed. People built giant cubes and linked them together to have a place to live on. Minerals became rare and hold much value. All the big corporate and organization rise to powers and start to trade, research robot run by water to dominate mineral rich areas. You, as the new chairman of one of the great organization, driven by your ambition, have raised your own robot army and start your conquest campaign to bring order to the chaotic world.
You will manage your robots army, research new robots and customization their abilities while dominating the world region by region.
1. Conquest the world by dominates each region turn by turn and defeats all opposing forces. Forces are corporation and organization run by unique AI, by unique I mean unique in personalities which will make them issue different orders and trigger different events.
2. Classic turn based tactic battle with grid map. Which force dominate more tactic points will emerge victory.
3. The battlefield (or I could say battle office) has multiple floors. Each floor will have numerous of tactic points and you will descend to the lower floor after all tactic points are captured or someone actively break the floor.
4. Units in Ground breakers are robots run by water. Each robot will have one set of skills and different stats. Some are hard to kill, some are grass cannons. Use skill raise your heat and when you overheat, you can't use any skill. You will just have to wait for a few turn for your robot to cool down.
5. Each robot has a chip board which you can insert chips. Chips have different shape which you will have to arrange them in the board in the best way possible to maximum your robot's abilities.
6. You will start the game with few robots (5 at the moment). To get more robot, you need to play a game and win some parts to craft new robots. Each robot has different recipe ans what parts you will get is pure luck.
7. Ground breakers will have cross-platforms online battle.
The general idea is the world map will have zone and all regions in that zone will share a certain kind of map terrain.
Right now we want to make these kind of terrain:
- Unstable: Obstacles will keep exploding after few thousands time points, causing damage to nearby units. This will make sure you can't stay in one formation for too long and the path to tactic point keep changing because of that. And the damage is quite sufficient so you may want to avoid that. This Type is basically finished at the moment.
- Spring: No, it's not a season, it's the spring that make objects bounce. Basically, spring is hidden in one of the Floor Brick and it only reveal after you step on it and get kicked to a random position (maybe in the middle of your enemies).
- Tide: The floor is covered in water. Every few time points it will go up a few times then down, when the tide is high, all units movement are reduced.
- Desert: Will bring some kind of Arab vibe with mud floor, sand storm.
Everything is not settled yet and we want to here your idea about these features if you are interested,
This version will again be release to our windows server so if you had the windows client, you could just run the Launcher and it'll auto update to our newest version. As for Mac and Linux we will wait until we finish all kind of terrain.
Here is the progress in number:
- Single match core mechanism: 80% (still the same)
- Map Design: 40% (20% from last week, we added Unstable Map)
- Chip system:
+ Core: 90% (Lack combine action)
+ GUI: 95% (Need some finishing touches)
- Craft system:
+ Core: 100%
+ GUI: 100%
- Multiplay: 0%
- Campaign: 10% (5% from last week, added some small things that is noticeable)
- Effects for single play: 90% (It may stay that way for a long time)
- Animations for single play: 90% (It may stay that way for a long time)
- More Map Type
- Chip system
Latest tweets from @thuyquai29
im posting this from Unity: 0.03278046
Dec 17 2013, 6:33am
im posting this from Unity: 0.02894158
Dec 17 2013, 6:32am
Robot animation and effect marathon. 8 done, 7 more to go.
Aug 31 2013, 5:08am
More than 10 game stopping bugs fixed over the weekend, no kidding.
Aug 25 2013, 11:24am
A thought one week after enter alpha funding T.co
Aug 18 2013, 1:34pm
We added inspect button so you can view all information about any robots on the battlefield T.co
Aug 18 2013, 8:21am
We have added auto updater for ground breakers. Hopefully that will help us eliminate bugs fast enough.
Aug 15 2013, 11:21pm
All those bugs are overwhelming :). If not for them, Ground Breakers would appear to be much much better game :/
Aug 13 2013, 11:11am