Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland.
This is a somewhat moderately modified version of BLTC by SethCreiyd. So, obviously, 99% of the credit goes to him. Also included are CptJoker71's better booze textures and meshes, so credit to him also.
v.0.4 (New Vegas Edition) (LucidusCruorem)
The only items I added are new types of vodka (renamed some old stuff and added new ones) and drugs such as peyote mescaline, codeine phosphate, adderall, and lsd with their respective effects. The vodkas include retel one, grey goose l'orange, reyka, and some others. No new meshes or textures are currently used past the original btlc with better booze.
Better Living Through Chems v.0.3.2 (Shpongled)
- Added Followers Relax compatibility to Jericho
- Make new syringe weapon entries for NPCs (fixes infinite needle glitch)
- Added FOOK compatibility for the Dart Gun (BLTC handling for WeapPLxDartGun)
- Changed beginning chest to contain random medicines
- Changed Venom Dart Gun to deal damage per second instead of immediately
- Weight to chems: (plus other changes); RadAway: .1; RadX: .2; Stimpak: .15 (changed value to 50); Nuka Cola: .5 (set back to food item); Super Stimpak: 2 (set value to 300); Cave Fungus: .2; Fire Ant Nectar .25 (now satisfies ant nectar cravings)
- Renamed XanderRoot to bltcXanderRoot, helps prevent RI conflict
- Adjusted visuals for Voodoo and 2C-E
Users updating to version .3.2 may have a problem if their player is currently affected by Broc Poisoning (stimpak addiction). It is recommended you cure the effect at a doctor or with the Coldturkene chem before updating.
Please do not use bltcstim.esp or bltcNCA.esp with this version, as they are incompatible. They have been replaced by a different plugin, check out the installation directions for details.
BLTC now intergrates Better Booze (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=626) so if you like the way the new alcohol looks, please give CptJoker your vote.
This mod is best played with a new game, but it will work with existing saves. The changes made by the mod will not take effect in preloaded cells until the cell resets.
To install this mod, simply extract the archive to your "\Fallout 3\Data" folder. Let it overwrite if it wants to. Then activate "bltc.esp" in the Data Files section of your favorite Fallout 3 launcher. That's it. You're ready to go, if you want.
There are 2 additional .esp files, you may activate them if you wish, but they are not required.
Immersion Patch.esp - Removes the sci-fi sound and visual effects from addiction and chems wearing off. Much better that way, in my opinion.
Make sure the optional plugins load after BLTC.esp.
If you are updating from version 0.2.6 or below, first follow the installation instructions as written above. Then, remove bltcstim.esp and bltcNCA.esp from your load list, or existence.
What This Does:
This mod adds several dozen fictional and real-world alcoholic drinks and chems, many with unique effects, to all chem and liquor related leveled lists of Fallout 3. So, they spawn everywhere the vanilla chems do, and in locations appropriate to the chem in question.
Chems affect the body and the mind. Like all good things, too much is bad.
Some of these chemicals can be used to fill empty syringes, or Dart Gun toxin feeds, to be unleashed upon your enemies. Others may be used to fill up empty hypos left over from Stimpak use. They can help save your life or help end another's.
Alternatively, you can sell them - chemical assistance is in high demand by the suffering remains of humanity. Maybe you'll just keep them, and use them to help you save the world... or destroy it. Maybe you'll just have fun with them. Be warned, addiction and death may await the unwary.
Where to find these spawns of modern medicine? Good old Doc Church won't sell you cocaine, but he'll sell you some Coldturkene to cure your habit. You'll have to get your buzz from a dealer.
Unlike a Pre-War street drug, these chems are often medical grade and very pure. After the bombs fell, the street trade withered, but more than enough chems survived in hospitals, pharmacies and laboratories for the survivors to scavenge and make use of them for ages.
Steps have been taken to ensure that balance was retained. The drugs have been priced similarly to the vanilla ones - most cost about 20 and the very rare ones cost about 50. The chems with more potent physical effects will usually carry more debilitating addictions. None of the added chems are stronger (per se) than the vanilla ones - just different.
Abridged List of Features:
- Fill syringes, hypos and dart guns with various chemical substances and unleash them on your enemies with various effects.
- Psychedelic and dissociative drug visuals (optional)
- Smokable cigarettes
- Blood toxicity and overdosing effects (optional)
- Toxic/Addictive Stimpak, Rad-X, RadAway and Cola (optional)
- Addictions caused by one drug can be appeased by any drug that shares that addiction type.
- Diazepam and Clonazepam will reduce the weapon wobble when zooming with a scoped weapon, as well as increasing accuracy in VATS.
- Cave Fungus (probably ergot) now produces a psychedelic effect upon consumption.
- Activates Bethesda-made Ant Nectar visuals. It is similar to Night Eye from The Elder Scrolls.
- Super Stimpaks added to Brotherhood and Enclave chem loot.
- Withdrawal to certain chems (I.E. benzodiazepenes, opiates, and cocaine) will cause an intermittent concussion-type effect until the player either satisfies their craving, gets treatment, recovers with time, or dies.
- A mercenary guard in the Megaton clinic
- More difficult to get addicted to substances; most now require repeated extended use
- Hematophages become euphoric from consuming Blood Packs
see readme for more