Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build mighty ships, menacing space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and the allegedly empty space! Fight human, alien and biological hazards and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers - on your own or with your friends.
The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. Empyrion is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.
Detailed Game Features:
An absolute free-roaming experience awaits you: warp between planets, fly from planet to moons, land on planets and freely walk around to explore your surroundings. Discover the secrets of the Aliens and tangle with the native fauna and flora. A sandbox full of different, vivid planets waiting for you to explore!
The solar system is procedurally generated and features several planets and POIs. Each planet has its own characteristics (planet type, gravity, atmosphere, number of moons, terrain, surface, vegetation, climate, and resources).
Build large capital vessels, small fighters or exceptional space and planetary bases by yourself - or download a blueprint from the Steam Workshop and customize it with your very own ideas of form and function!
Get out of your escape pod, grab what's left from your ship and prepare to survive in a hostile environment. Food and oxygen are rare, resources are scarce, ammo is low and dangers lurk around each and every corner. Keep your eyes open. You need to be well prepared if you want to survive more than a day on an alien planet far away from Earth.
Just build and make your crazy dreams come true, without having to bother with food, resources or enemies. Join the Creative Community and upload your creations to the Steam Workshop!
Play as a lone wolf in singleplayer or join the multiplayer community: Make yourself a comfortable home in a well-protected PvE area or pick up some friends, head out and beat the permanent dangers of PvP planets to ransack their riches or conquer the solar system with your faction.
Don't get mislead by the peaceful fauna of some planets and the silence in space. Most of the animal wildlife wants to snack on your leg - and aggressive robot drones, alien soldiers and their guardians will try to hunt you down as soon as you are within sight. Watch your six and deploy a range of weapons for your defence.
For building and construction, you need to gather and mine resources. Dig down to the rich deposits of a planet or drill through an asteroid full of rare ore. You might also plunder alien buildings or scrap any structure you come across.
Learn how to combine resources and building materials to craft your equipment. Craft your stuff in your base or while you are on the move and equip your buildings and vessels with a range of different devices, weapons and gadgets for different purposes.
Grow your own vegetables and fruits or hunt creatures for their meat to prepare yourself a delicious meal. Some plants help to create medical supplies while others can be picked up and consumed for first aid or to quickly settle your empty stomach.
Do whatever you want - and gain experience points for doing so! Scrap that old stuff and use the points to unlock those shiny new devices in the Techtree.
Each planet features a voxel-based terrain. You can entirely modify and deform the terrain: flatten it for your planetary station, dig holes to find resources or build a tunnel system to protect yourself. Empyrion is a true sandbox game!
Hi Galactic Survivalists!
After a lively Experimental phase (thanks for all your feedback!), we are excited to release a quite substantial update just before Christmas: Alpha 7.5 is out now!
For those who did not follow the Experimental phase, a few quick notes. Everyone else, feel free to skip the next paraphs and scroll down to the full changelog...but please do not forget to VOTE for us in the second stage of the INDIE of The Year Awards 2017.
Thanks to you support, Empyrion made it in the first stage to the TOP 100 and now the crucial phase begins to determine the overall winner for 2017. We have tough competitors in the category "Futuristic Sim" (Rimworld, Space Engineers, Planet Nomads and Cosmoteer). Every vote counts:
Why did we skip version 7.4? Because the current version will not only add bugfixes or a few changes, like the second step of the ammo rebalancing (bringing the materials used more in line with the type and damage values of the weapon), but also adds a few completely new features: Solar Energy, Sell-to-Trader and O2-conserving force fields! This alone deserves the honorable .5 version tag! :)
And that’s not all: because we want to open up the game beyond choosing the difficulty settings at game start, Alpha 7.5 will add a new config file, which will allow you to change all relevant parameters for almost all blocks/items/templates/entities used in the game!
Apart from the new features and mechanics, we added a lot of new and updated models - from ATM up to our new Zirax warriors - rebalanced even more templates, and made a lot of other changes as well.
Please find all changes and additions in the changelog below.
As a side note, if you want to know more about the Zirax and some of the other factions, visit our new FACTIONS OF EMPYRION overview: Empyriongame.com
Now, have fun playing and do not forget to pick up some delicious Akua Sparkling Wine (demi-sec, Class 2480) for your christmas and end-of-year celebrations ;-)
Empyrion Dev team
- Please report bugs and issues right here: Empyriononline.com
- Our Feature Survey 2018 is still active and can be voted here: <
- As announced, we will wipe ALL of our official servers with the release of the public version of Alpha 7.5: Empyriononline.com
Changelog: Alpha 7.5.0 (Build 1416)
- Added solar panels (horizontal and sloped)
- Added capacitor (solar) to manage the electricity of the solar panels and store the electrical energy for use during the night or bad weather
- Solar panels & capacitor (solar) are currently only usable for bases (Space and planet)
IMPORTANT FEEDBACK QUESTION: Do you think the solar panels are currently too weak? We can easily re-calibrate them - it is important to find a good default energy output.
FEEDBACK & DISCUSSION: Empyriononline.com
How Solar Energy works:
- The algorithm calculates the amount of sun-rays that will hit the solar panel for a certain placement during the day. The placement affects their efficiency (see factors listed below)
- This average efficiency is then displayed by the GREEN LCDs (up to four LED lights)
- The current efficiency is displayed by the YELLOW LEDs (up to four LED lights)
- If solar panels produce more electricity than currently needed, the surplus energy is stored in the Capacitor (Solar) block like in a battery.
- To display the surplus of energy (or the “energy reserve”), there is now a battery icon in the main page of Control Panel that shows the current content of the battery.
- Note: conventional generators (fuel driven) do not store excess power in the battery!
Factors that will increase or reduce the efficiency on a PLANET:
- Placement behind an obstacle (tree, stone, base, mountain etc) leads to a reduced efficiency
- Stronger Light Intensity on the playfield increases efficiency on a global scale (parameter: DayLightIntensity in playfield.yaml).
- Light Intensities overall impact on the efficiency is influenced by the weather condition in a second step: eg when it is cloudy or raining, light intensity effect decreases and thus also efficiency of panel
- Angle of panel towards sun: best efficiency when sun hits perpendicular on panel (eg on equator a flat solar panel lying on ground will have highest efficiency at noon, while a sloped solar panel close to pole while be better)
- AtmosphereDensity: higher density = less overall efficiency
- AtmosphereDensity is modified by latitude! Example: If the position of the Solar Panel is closer to the poles, it is less efficient for the same AtmosphereDensity factor, because sun travels through more atmosphere than on equator.
- Ground fog reduces efficiency
Factors that will increase or reduce the efficiency in SPACE:
- Angle of panel towards sun: best efficiency when sun hits perpendicular on panel
- Distance of sun: the further the orbit playfield is away from sun, the lower the efficiency (eg lower efficiency in Ningues orbit than Aestus orbit)
- Added possibility to sell items to Trader NPC
- Added simple price dynamics depending on items in stock of trader. (eg. price will drop if you repeatedly sell items to the trader. Price will rise if you repeatedly buy from a trader)
- Updated TraderNPCConfig.ecf:
* Adjusted all prices for Ore, Ingots, Weapons and Tools
* Added Magnesium, Plastic and Nitrocellulose to all weapon and resource traders
* Reduced price for Boosters and other Equipment
* Reduced price for most of the Food and Health items
* Selling/Purchase prices are more dynamic (min-max ranges)
Better Modding Support:
- We added a config file that allows you to change all relevant parameters for almost all blocks/items/templates/entities used in the game. For example, you can change the damage value of the minigun etc. We will provide more detailed information about the parameters soon.
- The config file can be found here:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration\Config_Example.ecf
- To activate it, rename Config_Example.ecf into Config.ecf.
Please note: the config currently cannot be included in a scenario, but needs to be placed in the main folder as described.
FEEDBACK & DISCUSSION: Empyriononline.com
Added Airtight Force Fields:
- We added airtight force fields in different sizes
- The force fields keep O2 inside your base. They do not work as a hitpoint barrier (planned for a future iteration)
Sync of Playfield Instances:
- The new Instance Sync gives you a better possibility to create very unique and complex instances / missions since the portals are now synced over the network and not local anymore.
- For example, you can now point two individual portals from different planets to one instance (not possible before). That way two Origins can try to compete against each other and return to their planets independently.
Improved Difficulty Settings:
- Added food and oxygen consumption speed to difficulty settings (SP, dedi and local coop): you can now even disable food and oxygen consumption
- Tweaked difficulty window layout
- Added “Akua Sparkling Wine, demi-sec, Class 2480” (also in start equipment SP; available from traders of Market Cafe, bars and all food-selling places)
- Added new model for Zirax NPC (with size and style variations)
- Added new model for SciFi-style Bunk Bed (can be found under “Furnishings (Deco)”)
- We added alternative terrains for most of the handmade planets (e.g. NewAlien_V2, NewLava_V2, NewDesert_V2, NewTemperate_V2, NewMoon_V2, NewMoon2_V2, NewBarren_V2, NewDesert2_V2, NewSnow_V2, NewOcean_V2).
- These V2 terrains are activated when choosing odd-numbered seeds
Visuals / Audio:
- Updated models for trading station and ATM
- Better screen textures for Cockpit CV, Open Cockpit SV and some console blocks
- Added new particle effect for NPC crew destruction
- Updated model for corn dog + added proper harvest stage for snow version
- Tweaked position of all space playfields in default SP and MP (moved all space playfields down by 100 sectors so that playfields are below sun, ie sun will shine from above for better visuals)
- Added more ambient music (Resurgence, Reaver, Adrift, 2473): Thanks to Alex
- More size variations for Golems (Ice, Swamp, Desert)
- Added better sound when opening PDA
- Better default color for open cockpits
- Tweaked glass on Clone Chamber and Medic Station
- Allow to promote Member or Admin to Founder if old Founder has left the faction
- Added Fiber to templates (made from Wood Logs)
- Added Nitrocellulose (made from Fiber; used as a propellant for any bullet/projectile-driven ammo, instead of Promethium)
- Added magnesium deposits to Moon playfields (SP and MP)
- Added pentaxid asteroid to space playfields: Trading Station and Asteroid Field
- Slightly brighter nights on planets
- HUD names show allied structures of other factions now in green
- Automatic Door blocks are now craftable in Survival Constructor
- Added 30 Unlock points
- Capacitor Device: Removed Flux Coil, Reduced Oscillator and Steel Plates
- Color / Texture / Multi Tool: Removed Mechanical Components
- Laser Rifle: Reduced PowerCoil
- Plasma Cannon: Reduced Oscillator, Zascosium Alloy
- Moved tech level of Small Generator and Fuel Tank (T1) to level 3
- Adjusted templates of fuel tanks (BA, CV) and generators (BA, CV) to better reflect the technical progression/increasing capabilities
- Removed Promethium from all bullet/projectile ammo; added Nitrocellulose as a propellant instead
- Small-to-mid-size caliber (handheld weapon) ammo templates now made from a mix of copper, steel, plastic and Nitrocellulose (Pistol Round, Rifle Round, Shotgun Shell, Sniper Rifle Round, Minigun Round)
- All rocket ammo needs Magnesium Powder
- All laser- and plasma-based ammo is made from Pentaxid and Plastic
- Output of most ammo types has been adjusted, based on the overall availability/scarcity of the used materials and the changed templates
- Added "Back" button (Disconnect from Server and go back to Server Browser)
- Added “Back” arrow button to starter planet selection to toggle starter planets back and forth
- Some layout tweaks to windows "Choose Starting Planet" and "New Game"
- Do not display "Output Count" in item trader info anymore
- PDA message boxes can now also be closed via ESC key
- Corrupt save games are now displayed in red to quickly find them in the list of save games
- Head shot multiplier are displayed again
- Several optimizations, e.g. less lags when moving over terrain and better scheduling of tasks (less CPU spiking)
- AutoMinerDepletion is now set to False in dedicated.yaml per default
- Added Russian language for PDA tutorial: Thanks to Sergei
- Updated PDA Localization: FR (Eric)
- Updated Localization: ITA (Rad), FR (Eric), RU (Sergei), DE
- More relaxed timing of playfield server starting, especially when another pf server has just been asked to load playfield data
- Free camera mode is not active anymore per default when sitting on motorbike (you have to enable it with Left Alt)
- Do not show weight anymore for intermediate crafting products
- Larger colliders for Light Lantern and Worklight 02 to make it easier to interact with
- Updated EAC to latest release 17-11-15
- Added new POIs:
* Abandoned Drone Base: Thanks to Fractalite & Fuzzbuzzputty
* Abandoned Reactor: Thanks to jmcburn (base model) + modfied by Fractalite to make it "abandoned"
- Updated POIs: Abandoned Mine + Abandoned Factory: Thanks to Fractalite
- Added new POI groupname: AbandonedPOI (includes former AbandonedMine and AbandonedFactory)
Updated Invader-vs-Defender Scenario:
- Added NPC Trading Station to M32, Eleen, Trader Residence
- Changed Starter Planets (better resources, water, visuals)
- All PvE planets in the outer ring are now equipped with environment hazards but with water
- All PvP planets in the inner ring are easy for surviving and have better loot
- A lot of orbits have now a proper Asteroid ring with a lot of asteroids in them
- Pandora planet reworks
- Added new POIs
- Fixed: Errors on Alien Planets
- Fixed: Item dupe exploit in combination with forced disconnects for constructors and food processors
- Fixed: Possible to place more than one AMD on an ore deposit
- Possible fix for structures getting set to public (+added log output when this happens)
- Fixed: Map Marker: Selecting a POI with LMB and then setting a marker with RMB on another POI creates a marker at the first position
- Fixed: Early crashing playfield servers could lead to the situation that the dedi never starts another playfield server again
- Fixed: Using a game name ending with dots '.' leads to error
- Fixed: Star map scaling too extreme when far away objects are present
- Fixed: 'Survival constructor is gone. Removing it from map' notification constantly appearing after picking the SC up
- Fixed: Elevator blocks stop working when they are touching terrain
- Fixed: Could not create PDA checkable output signal name (starting with '*') in a Signal logic gate
- Fixed: SV without a Core could open any Hangar Door
- Fixed: Offline Founder/Admin was showing as Member in Faction list
- Fixed: Problem that deco was not removed far enough around POIs
- Fixed: Problem that Power Storage (Deco) was culling too early
- Fixed: Problem that mouse wheel scrolling was not working in sector map list
- Fixed: Star map: Setting a marker with right mouse click creates extreme coordinates
- Fixed: Allied turrets shots on private vessels of allied faction members
- Fixed: Problem that players were sometimes ejected immediately from an instance
- Fixed: Steam workshop upload issue (now display Steam Workshop problems to player)
- Fixed: Small bug with jetpack thrusters staying on
- Possible Fix: Distant terrain missing chunk
- Fixed: Stretched textures on preview box of blueprints
- Fixed: 'Ungrouped' group Active switch when resuming a save game causing some devices to be turned off.
- Fixed: Dedicated server UI: fix for time does not advance after about 16000 game time
- Fixed: Jetpack thruster pointing downwards were not active in Creative mode when hovering in air
- Fixed: Errors in some situations in Build Settings Window
- Fixed: Corrupt ply file in a savegame prevented the Resume Game window to be shown
- Fixed: POI Xenu Weapon Bunker did not spawn on Masperon
- Fixed: Wrong constructor output grid size
- Fixed: Problem that light was shining through walls behind light
- Fixed: Random error when loading game
- Fixed: Performance problem with grass
- Fixed: Exiting a open cockpit can sometimes place the avatar outside or into close by blocks.
- Fixed: Problem that emissive of some light blocks did not become dark without power
- Fixed: Autominer with 0 source quality giving stacks of 999 ores for free
- Fixed: Overbright material on indoor plants
- Fixed: Problem that Gravity Generator on platform in Creative Omicron Orbit was not active (player could not move)
Updated Empyrion Admin Helper tool
Patch notes - 18.104.22.168 (working with Alpha 7.3 and 7.5)
- Added: Coordinate Log: Warp to --> Incase you want to follow a guys trail, by jumping where he was.
- Added: Coordinate Log: Save coordinates
- Added: Config MOTD: Message of the day. Each time a player logs in
- Added: Config: Activate Faction restricted Playfields
- Added: Playfield: Player/Faction/Origin restricted Playfields: Enter Origin and/or Faction/Player ID, separated by #
- Added: Playfield: Mark orange/red if too many structures
- Added: AM:Get New command to get ores. Now you can combine also multiple slots. See AM(think) --> AM:Get:ITEM-AMOUNT[#ITEM-AMOUNT#....] or for all AM:Get:ITEM[#ITEM#....] = Gets a certain amount of items or all from the Auto-Miner.
- Added: CSW: Check if a ship is docked that is not listed yet. Prevents warp with loss of a docked ship
- Added: CSW: Prevent multiple CSW at same time
- Added: Disk full: Fixed showing to late
- Added: More/New Items
- Added: Dedicated config: 2 New Difficulties and new order
- Added: Server-Integrity Check: Shows if files are/might be corrupted. So far only check for empty files 0 byte
- Added: Structure: Set to private
- Added: Structure backup: Saves also player and game.dat (to give possibility to restore game with no current full backup)
- Added: New Function Select Player/Structure (used for example in Structure: Set private)
- Fixed: Slave "Restart in 5" not working
- Fixed: Slave "Structure set To Private" not working
- Fixed: "Cleanup Structures" not actually doing anything
- Fixed: Cut off Whos on text
PS: We STRONGLY recommend to turn on AutoBan in general! (Even if there are no more Item checks)
Eleon Game Studios releases update Alpha 7.3 with convenience changes, re-balancing, bug fixes and NPC deco crew.
Eleon Game Studios releases update Alpha 7.1 with new tutorial, new models, improved creative tools, new Ocean planet, bug fixes and much more.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.