Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build mighty ships, menacing space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and the allegedly empty space! Fight human, alien and biological hazards and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers - on your own or with your friends.
The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. Empyrion is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.
Detailed Game Features:
An absolute free-roaming experience awaits you: warp between planets, fly from planet to moons, land on planets and freely walk around to explore your surroundings. Discover the secrets of the Aliens and tangle with the native fauna and flora. A sandbox full of different, vivid planets waiting for you to explore!
The solar system is procedurally generated and features several planets and POIs. Each planet has its own characteristics (planet type, gravity, atmosphere, number of moons, terrain, surface, vegetation, climate, and resources).
Build large capital vessels, small fighters or exceptional space and planetary bases by yourself - or download a blueprint from the Steam Workshop and customize it with your very own ideas of form and function!
Get out of your escape pod, grab what's left from your ship and prepare to survive in a hostile environment. Food and oxygen are rare, resources are scarce, ammo is low and dangers lurk around each and every corner. Keep your eyes open. You need to be well prepared if you want to survive more than a day on an alien planet far away from Earth.
Just build and make your crazy dreams come true, without having to bother with food, resources or enemies. Join the Creative Community and upload your creations to the Steam Workshop!
Play as a lone wolf in singleplayer or join the multiplayer community: Make yourself a comfortable home in a well-protected PvE area or pick up some friends, head out and beat the permanent dangers of PvP planets to ransack their riches or conquer the solar system with your faction.
Don't get mislead by the peaceful fauna of some planets and the silence in space. Most of the animal wildlife wants to snack on your leg - and aggressive robot drones, alien soldiers and their guardians will try to hunt you down as soon as you are within sight. Watch your six and deploy a range of weapons for your defence.
For building and construction, you need to gather and mine resources. Dig down to the rich deposits of a planet or drill through an asteroid full of rare ore. You might also plunder alien buildings or scrap any structure you come across.
Learn how to combine resources and building materials to craft your equipment. Craft your stuff in your base or while you are on the move and equip your buildings and vessels with a range of different devices, weapons and gadgets for different purposes.
Grow your own vegetables and fruits or hunt creatures for their meat to prepare yourself a delicious meal. Some plants help to create medical supplies while others can be picked up and consumed for first aid or to quickly settle your empty stomach.
Do whatever you want - and gain experience points for doing so! Scrap that old stuff and use the points to unlock those shiny new devices in the Techtree.
Each planet features a voxel-based terrain. You can entirely modify and deform the terrain: flatten it for your planetary station, dig holes to find resources or build a tunnel system to protect yourself. Empyrion is a true sandbox game!
The above screenshot is from our internal Alpha 7.0 development branch. More teaser screenshots can be found below.
Hi Galactic Survivalists!
With Alpha 6.6, we added a few new convenience features. You can now switch weapons while the reload animation is in progress. Moreover, for all long range or dogfight pilots, you can now use the new auto-brake to make use of inertia movement in space.
For our builders, we not only increased the range of the texture and paint tools but you can also make use of the mirror planes for painting and texturing! In addition, we fixed the issues with some of the blocks not mirroring correctly. Please have a look and report remaining issues in our bug thread!
For our playfield and planet creators, we slightly changed the rules on how POIs and ore deposits are placed: You can now use the random and fixed mode at the same time and in any combination! For more info, please have a closer look at the “Improved POI / Resource Spawning” paragraph below. We also created a first iteration of the Playfield Reference sheet with all the NPCs, Deco and Textures you can use to build awesome locations over here: Empyriononline.com
Feedback is very much appreciated! ;-)
Please report remaining and new issues in our bug forum! Empyriononline.com
Finally, we are proud to announce that - thanks to the efforts of some of your community members - “Empyrion - Galactic Survival” is now available in 11 different languages: English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese (Euro and Brazil), Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese (simplified and traditional). For now, the PDA also has been translated into French, Portuguese(Brazil), Russian, Japanese (partially) and Chinese (simplified). Of course there are always new words and terms to translate and some of those are not 100% complete yet, but we think this is a major achievement and a good sign of a great and supportive community, we can be proud of!
If you want to assist with a language not yet added or offer help/make corrections, just get in touch via [EMAIL]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] subject: Localization help
Finally, as everyone might be interested where we are going from here: Alpha 7.0 is already in pre-production and although we did not yet talk about a Alpha 7.0 roadmap (because it tends to change quickly), we plan to give you more information about Alpha 7.0 next week.
Have fun with Alpha 6.6! :)
Empyrion Dev Team
Changelog: Alpha 6.6.0 (Build 1197)
- Added possibility to switch weapons while reloading
- Increased range of color tool and texture tool
- Added possibility to enable/disable the "auto-brake" of vessels. You can toggle the auto-break on/off with the default key "i" (key can be re-mapped)
- Improved “Size Class” calculation: we adjusted formula to weight triangles more and we are now using the 'real' number of triangles. You must save your blueprint again so that the new formula takes effect.
- Increased structure limit in Single Player from 64 to 200
- Toolbar can now be removed when pressing the middle mouse button (the default button can be re-mapped)
- Color and texture tool now also work with symmetry planes
- Elevated some console commands to Moderator level and we now display the permission level for all console commands
- Added message when there is another structure in the area where the player wants to spawn a blueprint.
- When a file system error occurs after publishing a scenario, no info was given. Now a helpful message box is displayed.
- To allow deleted Workshop scenarios to be re-published a 'Remove link' button is now displayed in that case. If you deleted your scenario on Steam, you need to click that button to remove the published-info from the game files. Otherwise you can not re-upload your scenario.
- Added 2 seconds timeout to control panel buttons (lights, turrets and main tasks) to avoid misuse
- Added info about savegame version on first start to client.log and console
- Some renaming of stock prefabs + updated all stock prefabs due to improved class calculation
Visuals / Audio:
- Added new bloom effect
- Added a new seamless emissive texture for building blocks
- Improved water shader
- Added smoke to destroyed Armored Golem
- Updated models for holo screens, shower, toilet, kitchen counter, bathroom counter and repair bay
- Added “auto-brake” on/off information to Ship Stats
- Tweaked some tree billboards
- Slightly improved textures on player armor
New Stock Prefabs:
- Added new stock prefab tier 1 SV - thanks to Nickodemos:
- Added new stock prefab tier 6 HV - thanks to MisterCrow:
Improved POI / Resource Spawning:
- It is now possible to use the Fixed and / or Random parts in every combination (if both are used, the fixed stuff is placed first)
- It is now possible to use different distances for SpawNear and SpawnAvoid (SpawnPOINearDistance and SpawnPOIAvoidDistance)
- It is now possible to place random resources around fixed POIs (however, you have to define the available pool of resources in RandomResources first)
- POI-related resources are now placed before the purely random placed resources to assure being allowed to still place them
- Added distance variation to placement of resources around a POI
- Added Portuguese (Brazil): community translation by FabioZumbi12
- Added Italian: community translation by Leo F.
- Added Chinese: community translation by Ken Guo (simplified) + professional translation (traditional)
- Added Spanish and Portuguese (EU): professional translation
- French: Spartan47
- Russian: Sergei
- Japanese: Metapo
Added new languages for PDA:
- Chinese (simplified): thanks to Ken Guo
- Russian: thanks to Sergei
- Portuguese (Brazil): thanks to FabioZumbi12
- French: thanks to Spartan47
- Japanese (added partly): thanks to Metapo
- Added horizontal scrolling for main Construction Queue
- Added "expand/collapse" for all device groups
- Show active Symmetry Plane when enabling Build Settings menu
- Keep renamed device names when using AUTO-GROUP in Control panel
- Localized Blueprint Window "Filter" text
- Added mouse wheel scrolling to control remap panel
- Optimization for Control Panel numerical assignments
- Some more anchor optimizing for GUI
- Added Unit measurement formatting
- Event Console Command
- Event Structure destroyed due to wipe/decay
- Event_ConsoleCommand added player entity id
- Console Command: Return Error
- Fixed: Several symmetry and mirror tool building issues (eg large blocks, wings, several windows and other hull blocks were not correctly mirrored, sometimes it could happen that a block was not mirrored etc)
- Fixed: Problem that HVs were sliding on small slopes
- Fixed: NPC Nightmares can clip through blocks of vessels & can cause damage to the avatar inside
- Fixed: Player hovering in air when drilling down
- Fixed: Player could use elevator even if not inside elevator
- Fixed: Curved stairs were impossible to get up unless jumping
- Fixed: When starting a local co-op game with the Shadows of Starlight scenario, NPC sounds could be heard that shouldn't be heard.
- Fixed: Blueprint factory was accepting certain items that it should not accept (factory now returns sub-items it does not need for the Blueprint to be produced)
- Fixed: Problem with buried turrets shooting through terrain
- Fixed: Error when using a banned workshop scenario
- Fixed: Problem with dropping items or a backpack onto a rock resulted in them going through the rock so that they became unreachable (MP)
- Fixed: Possible to shoot with fully covered SV guns through blocks
- Fixed: Large Plasma Drones were not counted for the mission Drone Hunter.
- Fixed: Problem that when spawning a base, parts of it could be within an anti-grief area and you could not add blocks to your own base
- Fixed: Problem with "The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '') is missing!" appearing in many output logs
- Fixed: Cube Half did not show Letters and Numbers correctly on the back face
- Fixed: Not possible to walk onto a 2nd set of freestanding stairs
- Fixed: Problem that "SpawnResource" did not work with POIs
- Fixed: Beam of color tool and texture tool lagged behind when moving the tool around quickly
- Fixed: Turning off forward facing thrusters no longer allowed vessels in orbit to cruise.
- Fixed: "Publish Scenario" option was available for some stock scenarios
- Fixed: Subscribing to a workshop BP whilst in-game caused the in-game BP list for workshop BP's to go blank until relaunch of game
- Fixed: Deleting the last Scenario from Steam Workshop allowed re-publishing what lead to an error
- Fixed: When you killed an Armored Golem, its corpse was still standing with a walking animation
- Fixed: Circuit signal got lost when the referenced output signal was from a circuit below
- Fixed: "Dawn of Galaxy" scenario Maiy Mission 2 Gardening "Harvest Crops" never completed
- Fixed: Issue with mirror plane still mirroring with no location set
- Fixed: Light and Turret toggles could still be switched while awaiting switch timer, leading to sometimes wrong state
- Fixed: Problem that player in no faction could block a portal that was set to LockedToFaction
- Fixed: Problem that Corn Dog Snow had normal Corn Dog as harvest stage
- Fixed: Problem that Dimple Dome Snow had wrong harvest stage.
- Fixed: Added missing loca strings for several devices and GUI
- Fixed: Missing text for HUD Objects for dynamic font localizations (eg Japanese)
ALPHA 7.0 - Teaser Screenshots:
We have some more teaser screenshots fresh from our internal Alpha 7.0 development branch:
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha 6.3 with more bug fixes, tweaks, improvements, new POIs, improved local Coop, new dead versions of NPCs and much more.
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha 6.2 with more bug fixes, a new cockpit, more growing plots other tweaks and several improvements.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.