Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build mighty ships, menacing space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and the allegedly empty space! Fight human, alien and biological hazards and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers - on your own or with your friends.
The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. Empyrion is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.
Detailed Game Features:
An absolute free-roaming experience awaits you: warp between planets, fly from planet to moons, land on planets and freely walk around to explore your surroundings. Discover the secrets of the Aliens and tangle with the native fauna and flora. A sandbox full of different, vivid planets waiting for you to explore!
The solar system is procedurally generated and features several planets and POIs. Each planet has its own characteristics (planet type, gravity, atmosphere, number of moons, terrain, surface, vegetation, climate, and resources).
Build large capital vessels, small fighters or exceptional space and planetary bases by yourself - or download a blueprint from the Steam Workshop and customize it with your very own ideas of form and function!
Get out of your escape pod, grab what's left from your ship and prepare to survive in a hostile environment. Food and oxygen are rare, resources are scarce, ammo is low and dangers lurk around each and every corner. Keep your eyes open. You need to be well prepared if you want to survive more than a day on an alien planet far away from Earth.
Just build and make your crazy dreams come true, without having to bother with food, resources or enemies. Join the Creative Community and upload your creations to the Steam Workshop!
Play as a lone wolf in singleplayer or join the multiplayer community: Make yourself a comfortable home in a well-protected PvE area or pick up some friends, head out and beat the permanent dangers of PvP planets to ransack their riches or conquer the solar system with your faction.
Don't get mislead by the peaceful fauna of some planets and the silence in space. Most of the animal wildlife wants to snack on your leg - and aggressive robot drones, alien soldiers and their guardians will try to hunt you down as soon as you are within sight. Watch your six and deploy a range of weapons for your defence.
For building and construction, you need to gather and mine resources. Dig down to the rich deposits of a planet or drill through an asteroid full of rare ore. You might also plunder alien buildings or scrap any structure you come across.
Learn how to combine resources and building materials to craft your equipment. Craft your stuff in your base or while you are on the move and equip your buildings and vessels with a range of different devices, weapons and gadgets for different purposes.
Grow your own vegetables and fruits or hunt creatures for their meat to prepare yourself a delicious meal. Some plants help to create medical supplies while others can be picked up and consumed for first aid or to quickly settle your empty stomach.
Do whatever you want - and gain experience points for doing so! Scrap that old stuff and use the points to unlock those shiny new devices in the Techtree.
Each planet features a voxel-based terrain. You can entirely modify and deform the terrain: flatten it for your planetary station, dig holes to find resources or build a tunnel system to protect yourself. Empyrion is a true sandbox game!
Hi Galactic Survivalists,
After our big Anniversary update last week, today we are releasing a smaller update Alpha 8.6 with bug fixes and a few more additions, like a new planet type, more retractable turrets, as well as UI and visual improvements!
Please report bugs over here: Empyriononline.com
Emp Dev Team
CHANGELOG: Alpha 8.6.0 (Build 1867)
New Swamp Planet:
- Added new temperate swamp planet with a high biome diversity. The new planet can be found in the Random Default scenario and in the Akua-Omicron scenario as Roggery planet.
- The planet includes more than 20 new POIs (thanks to binhthuy71, rainyday, Ramachandra, jmcburn, jrandall, Needleship for their POIs) and several new terrain stamps (2 biomes on this planet were inspired by Vexray's creations)
- Added Base Turrets in groups (similar to CV)
- Added retractable versions for alien sentry guns
- Added wall version for human sentry gun
- Added retractable version for all human sentry guns (and put into block group)
- Added Prefab Stock Tier 0 HV (very light, cheap and maneuverable by only using Hover Thrusters):
- Limiting camera third person zoom to 300 meter
- Survival Tool does not consume Stamina anymore
- Increased rotation speed of all sentry guns
- Re-added weapon name to right-bottom HUD
- Allow to select Structure type (BA, SV, CV, HV) and Object type for more menus (similar behavior as with Constructor): BP Menu (F2) and Creative Menu
- Added tooltips to N Building Menu (Build Settings Window)
- Updated preview icons for Plastic (darker to better distinguish from other blocks)
- Added new static image when using Warp Jump (instead of white screen)
- Re-added parallax high setting
- Updated Arid planet: Added Epsilon Main Radar Complex + Auxiliaries
- Added new POI: Xenu Fuel Storage (by fractalite): group name "XenuMain"
- Re-balanced NPC spawning on Temperate Starter planets (less spiders during night, more diversity in spawning)
- Re-balanced temperate starter (Default Scenario): starter POIs are now a bit closer to starter biome (ca 150m)
- Enhanced Deconstructor to deconstruct group block's children
- Furnace no longer shows construction queue (not needed since furnace does step-by-step auto-crafting)
- Non-retractable turrets occupy now 1 block space less in y direction
- Added console command ("unlockdevices", "ud") for unlocking all devices
- Added console command ("calcunlockpoints", "cup") that calculates how many unlock points are needed to unlock everything in all tech trees
- TurretTemplate is now exported to Config.ecf
- Reduced night light intensity on desert planet
- Fixed: Mounted weapons can't reload if some of the other mounted weapons are inactive
- Fixed: Instant reloading for retractable turrets by turning them on and off constantly
- Fixed: Sometimes when returning to docked vessels they can be positioned incorrectly but still docked.
- Fixed: Spawned docked ships don't move anymore if vessel it was docked to is gone
- Fixed: Problem that sold stacks to NPC Trader were not split properly
- Fixed: Coloring with Mirror plane does not work for several blocks (eg Windows, Railing etc)
- Fixed: Item dupe after playfield change (landing to planet)
- Fixed: Solar Panels only show one yellow dot after a few restarts / after a while
- Fixed: Solar panels calculate the sun at the wrong position in some cases
- Fixed: Solar energy production displays wrong numbers in some cases
- Fixed: Problem that block texture and color was not visible when using "Lock" feature in N Building Menu (Build Settings Window)
- Fixed: Sometimes when approaching a structure in a vessel the vessel will be slowed down or stopped for a few moments
- Fixed: Some underwater flora is transparent when SSAO is on low
- Fixed: Sometimes after leaving a planet a random POI is appearing close to the planet & the player can be teleported far away
- Fixed: Block preview not showing original texture when Lock mode is switched off
- Fixed: Sporadic problem that docked ships did float above the base after spawning and when returning to the server
- Fixed: Sporadic error "Error assigning texarray texture to 2D texture property"
- Fixed: When the player enters a planet from orbit you see for a split second the terrain close up
- Fixed: Sprinting into a cockpit keeps Stamina draining
- Fixed: Furnace idle/working mode not correct
- Fixed: Revealed sectors not displayed in scroll list in sector map.
- Fixed: Issue with Emissive textures with bloom enabled.
- Fixed: Terrain Placeables could be stacked on top of each other (Tents, Work Lights, Water Generator etc)
- Fixed: Custom new game name is reset after changing difficulty settings.
- Fixed: Slot info missing from Armor info UI.
- Fixed: Internal AI Exception
- Fixed: Page down camera glitch through ground
- Fixed: Several internal exceptions
- Fixed: “EnergyIn” is displayed at bottom for Drill Turret (and all other drills) in Block Info (unlike for other devices)
- Fixed: Upgrade Info in tooltip sometimes showing "null" (instead of "None")
Eleon Game Studio releases 3 Year "Anniversary Update" of Empyrion.
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha 8.2 with dynamic structure loading, new planet type, new starter planet, bug fixes and many other changes and improvements...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (5 agree) 8/10
Excellent sci-fi survival that is quite polished and fun even at this stage of Early Access. I hope they will concentrate on single player aswell, since i have no interests in multiplayer.
Jun 7 2017 by LW-Games