What happens when DLC practices go too far? An indie developer makes a game that mocks the industry and its foibles, that's what! Defeat the bad guy, save the world and get the girl! But first you'll need to find coins to buy DLC to enable animation, sound and even pausing.
Thankfully this is just satire and all the DLC is purchased with in-game coins. But consider it a cautionary tale for the future...
- Platforming action! Coins to collect, a princess to save, a bad guy to defeat. You like that stuff, right?
- 16 different DLC packs, each providing quiet introspection on the state of the gaming industry
- 10 awardments to earn and make you feel reasonably satisfied with yourself
New bonus campaign added!
Experience "Live Freemium or Die!", the brand new campaign offering a new world to explore and a new enemy to defeat! And of course, new awardments and new DLC packs too!
- Brand new full length campaign
- 17 more DLC packs to collect
- 10 more awardments to earn
- New speedrun timer and post-game statistic
Download the update through the Desura or grab one of the newly updated standalone installers.
Highest Rated (9 agree) 9/10
Short, but very enjoyable and worth what you're paying for.
Feb 18 2012, 7:44am by Charetard
Lowest Rated (4 agree) 3/10
Underneath its somewhat funny satire, it's just a very short and very basic platformer, even with all DLC. One might say that's part of the joke, but "it's bad on purpose" doesn't really make it worth playing.
Mar 19 2012, 9:34pm by Siveran
Latest tweets from @wearegoingloud
@threaper13 DLC Quest is my only game on Steam (so far!)
Apr 10 2015, 12:01pm
Apr 10 2015, 11:16am
@threaper13 Thank you :D
Apr 9 2015, 10:40pm
Apr 3 2015, 4:36pm
@connorstone Thanks so much Connor!
Jan 14 2015, 10:21am
@GEARSStudent Thanks for playing!
Jan 1 2015, 2:06pm
Dec 27 2014, 5:17pm
Aug 20 2014, 8:22pm
@twGibs Aw, that's adorable! I bet you'll be able to convince her to play SMW someday though - lots more coins there :)
Aug 18 2014, 11:40am