Preparation for new world generation has begun! I've started working on some of the files that will contain the chunks, done some tests, etc. Visually the world has its own data folder now:
Just makes it easier for me to add things later on. And yes, as you can see Time is now stored in a file because I do plan on continuing some of my earlier concepts of getting EXP for play time and possibly and 'age' system.
I've just rendered it here for testing purposes:
Also fixed the Options menu's save button not working if you don't change anything and you can now press Escape to bring you back to the main menu whilst not in-game.
Finally, in terms of a test version I'll probably put one out tomorrow before I go ahead and finish off multiplayer and then the new world gen but my time is fairly limited so I can't promise a test version after that for a while.
0.2.5 --> 0.3.0
# GRAPHICAL CHANGES
- New bars.
- Fixed sound and music (lol).
- Fixed sound and music options (lol again).
- Fixed the camera system!
- Fixed the merchant not changing to his zombie sprite at night.
- Fixed NPC names not centering.
- Fixed the save button in the options menu not working.
- New random generation.
- Reduced Merchant spawn rate.
- Increased disease rate.
- Going below 50% hunger or thirst will drain your health.
- Dungeons are no longer saved in the world file.
- All worlds except Unforgiving worlds are now based on 'death chances':
- Die once: sent back to respawn point.
- Die twice: lose items, exp, etc.
- Die three times: like Unforgiving mode, your world is deleted.
- Hard mode only has two chances: lose items, exp, etc and permadeath.
- Reverted dungeons back to old maze format, temporarily.
- Even more code cleaning!
- NPCs now respawn every 30 seconds.
- Improved NPC AI to comply with the new collision system.
- Folder cleaning.
- Added more NPCs to dungeons.
- Time is now saved in the world data folder.
- Walking sound.
- Health bar.
- Holes now teleport you to dungeons.
- EXP bar.
- You now gain 15 EXP per day and 30 EXP per week.
- Very minimal and temporary combat system.
- NPC health bars.
- Dungeon portals to teleport you back home.
- Escape to exit to the main menu whilst not in-game.