The on-going space voxel project by the six sibling studio, ZanMgt! A labor of love, Blockade Runner is an ever-evolving development that's currently undergoing a major engine overhaul to provide a solid foundation for the game's bi-weekly builds. We've found the bi-weekly builds to be an enjoyable and healthy development cycle and are anxiously preparing the game for their return!
This week’s update includes a boost in performance, new asteroid generation with ore and craters, fixes for some multiplayer instabilities and more!
Please check the hardware and software requirements HERE
- added digging is now possible in multiplayer (dont dig until all players have loaded atm!)
- added right-click can convert rock to frame
- added frustrum culling (areas of the ships you aren't looking at won't be rendered)
- fixed purple screen when settings.xml is missing and compass is active
- improved rendering code to improve general performance
- improved asteroids now generated with noise, craters, and preliminary ore
- improved multiplayer netcode cleaned and improved (lots more to go, keep an eye out for more updates!)
- improved latency readout accuracy improved