The on-going space voxel project by the six sibling studio, ZanMgt! A labor of love, Blockade Runner is an ever-evolving development that's currently over going a major engine overhaul (all made from scratch!) to provide a solid foundation for the game's bi-weekly builds. We've found the bi-weekly builds to be an enjoyable and healthy development cycle and are anxiously preparing the game for their return!
This week’s update includes procedurally generated asteroids, new debri physics when chiseling your way through rock, a new toggle-able “zero-g” / gravity boot setting, fixes for long-standing crashes and more!
- added randomly generated asteroid to multiplayer when not in sandbox
- added asteroid rock can now be placed with angles and have interiors/plating placed on them
- added ability to destroy blocks in multiplayer/previewer by pressing left-click
- added asteroid debri when destroying asteroid blocks
- added several new 1 meter angles
- added log out ability to main menu
- added all new prefabs by MrVorgra, Terah, and Micah
- added glow gradient around login/buy
- added asteroid generator to editor
- added warning when entering multiplayer screen "multiplayer is unstable"
- changed gravity boot system: R toggles between "zero-g" and "gravity boots" (note that gravity mode will affect debri)
- disabled specularity on textures temporarily
- fixed some weapons were screwed up
- fixed "F2 to toggle" tooltip for controls in editor
- fixed having a plating surface selected would prevent frames from being deleted
- fixed black bars having an offset in the multiplayer
- fixed purple screen when settings.xml has been deleted
- fixed [ESC] could not be used to exit multiplayer menu
- fixed seam in monkey character's head
- removed IrrKlang audio engine temporarily
- removed left-click magnetizing towards entities while in free flight
- removed roll arrows in multiplayer when piloting a ship