Forum Thread
XSI Mod Tool 6.1? (Forums : 3D Modeling & Animating : XSI Mod Tool 6.1?) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 28 2009 Anchor

So the mod tool layout doesnt work with 7.5 or anything over 6.1... And they removed the download for 6.1. So where the frick can I find 6.1? I cant animate my crap without it =/... atleast not a way i know how with 7.5.

So does anyone know where i can download this, its pissing me off =/

Cystic.

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Oct 29 2009 Anchor

Should have switched to the 'pro mode' layout and gotten use to that XD
Try Fileplanet.com|XSI-Mod-Tool-v6

Oct 29 2009 Anchor

Thats not the point, I have. However the animation settings dont work correctly with source, and dont u have to pay for fileplanet?

nvm, I got it, thank you very much for the help. And I find your sig most dusturbing 0,o

Edited by: CysticCraze

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Oct 29 2009 Anchor

All the animation settings work with source when using the Pro-Tool mode. The settings themselves don't change, its just the layout that does.

Cheers though.

Oct 29 2009 Anchor

Yea, I understand that, I was just having so many issues and crashes that I figured I would resort to and older version, however now I am having trouble opening 7.5 files into 6.1

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Oct 29 2009 Anchor

7.5 prolly uses a different format or so :)
allso, fileplanet has a free subscription tho, but the chances of you finding Atlantis would be higher then the "register for free" button >_<

--

°w°

Varsity
Varsity Fine Nonsense!
Oct 29 2009 Anchor

Moddb.com

First result in Google.

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Oct 29 2009 Anchor

however now I am having trouble opening 7.5 files into 6.1

It's not backwards compatable due to the changes made in 7.
You may be able to get away with exporting to something like collada (crosswalking to .xsi would be the best bet and has the greatest chance of preserving your rig, other formats will not). Otherwise, if your model is already animated you'll have to export with collada or FBX, and use XSI's MOTOR tool to retarget the motion data from the imported skeleton onto a rig in 6.

Oct 30 2009 Anchor

I exported the smd file and then imported it using the valvesource plugin, seemed to work well. Anchors comment is slightly embarrassing... as is my spelling -_- Regardless, I got it working, thanks for your help Cryrid, Ill share my work at somepoint in the future.

Edited by: CysticCraze

Mangopork
Mangopork Delicious.
Nov 30 2009 Anchor

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm weird.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.