Forum Thread
The motive of 9/11 attacks (Forums : Cosmos : The motive of 9/11 attacks) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Feb 21 2010 Anchor

We are not hated because we practice democracy, value freedom, or uphold human rights. We are hated because our government denies these things to people in Third World countries whose resources are coveted by our multinational corporations. That hatred we have sown has come back to haunt us in the form of terrorism. . . . Instead of sending our sons and daughters around the world to kill Arabs so we can have the oil under their sand, we should send them to rebuild their infrastructure, supply clean water, and feed starving children. . . .
In short, we should do good instead of evil. Who would try to stop us? Who would hate us? Who would want to bomb us? That is the truth the American people need to hear.

- Robert M. Bowman ( Youtube.com )

What do you think? Why the issue of the reasons for 9/11 attacks is omitted?

CopernicusFagotius
CopernicusFagotius One Sophisticated SOB
Mar 2 2010 Anchor

It's probably omitted because people can accept the truth. Most of us hear it was a bunch of terrorists, but not everyone believes that even though its widely accepted. I think it's better left a mystery.

Edited by: CopernicusFagotius

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Mar 2 2010 Anchor

Are you saying Rudy Giuliani is ommitting reasons? The same man who also claimed 'We had no domestic attacks under Bush' ? I'd take what he says with a grain of salt. The motive is simple:

"Osam_Bin_Laden" wrote: "Allah knows it did not cross our minds to attack the towers but after the situation became unbearable and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed -- when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet. As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way (and) to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women."

And then he learned how an eye for an eye can backfire and do the opposite of what you wanted it to do.

Edited by: Cryrid

Mar 2 2010 Anchor

Feillyne...Cryrid ! I'll be damned !

--

" It's only gaming after all - keep it in perspective. "

Mar 2 2010 Anchor

CopernicusFagotius wrote: It's probably omitted because people can accept the truth. Most of us hear it was a bunch of terrorists, but not everyone believes that even though its widely accepted. I think it's better left a mystery.

Mysteries make people ignorant and curious, both at the same time, while the truth open people's eyes and make them stop.

Cryrid wrote: And then he learned how an eye for an eye can backfire and do the opposite of what you wanted it to do.

And now, we're in the stage of 'a tooth for a tooth', since wars haunt America back even more - in the form of the economic crisis, which also affects all other 'globalist', 'democratic', 'rich' countries.

Americans protest against companies lowering their wages or companies firing them, but not against the wars, which create the main problem, and ensuing poverty and so many little & large issues. What an irony.

@jjawinte, ? What do you mean?

TwinBeast
TwinBeast Full Metal Bionic Witch
Mar 2 2010 Anchor

It's the secret government, Majestic 12! It was done to cover up something. It launched a war which took everyone's eyes away from the thing that would otherwise become exposed to the public.

Mar 2 2010 Anchor

Jimi wrote: It's the secret government, Majestic 12! It was done to cover up something. It launched a war which took everyone's eyes away from the thing that would otherwise become exposed to the public.

Give me a proof of your useless claims.

As for me, it's easy to prove how much the USA spending on wars (+ companies producing weapons) increased lately.

Jyffeh
Jyffeh I am arch jailbird scowl.
Mar 2 2010 Anchor

He was making a joke.

Feillyne wrote: As for me, it's easy to prove how much the USA spending on wars (+ companies producing weapons) increased lately.

That isn't relevant to any cover ups related to the September 11th attacks. No one was arguing otherwise either. You seriously need to read some of these and realize how much of your arguments are built upon them.

--

User Posted Image

Yak.RUS wrote: We had a girl in my school that took LCD and now she thinks shes a balloon for the rest of her life.

Mar 2 2010 Anchor

Jyffeh wrote: He was making a joke.

I know. I was making a joke, too. ;-> But you won't notice the difference in my voice, never. ;-D

Jyffeh wrote: That isn't relevant to any cover ups related to the September 11th attacks. No one was arguing otherwise either. You seriously need to read some of these and realize how much of your arguments are built upon them.

What do you mean?
The motive of 9/11 attacks is relevant to 9/11 attacks, which is the thread subject.

And then, the result of 9/11 attacks, the so-called "war on terrorism", is relevant to companies selling arms, to companies firing people because of the state of US economy.

Sorry, but NOTHING excuses you from reasoning & understanding the chain of events.

--
You can not know anything. Only suspect. You must expect to be wrong; to have overlooked something. - Malik, Assassin's Creed
Nietzsche is dead. - God.

Edited by: feillyne

Jyffeh
Mar 2 2010 Anchor

It's relevant to US foreign policy, yes. That's hardly news. But it isn't relevant to the 9/11 attacks.

Like I was saying about logical fallacies, you're arguing against a position I don't hold.

--

User Posted Image

Yak.RUS wrote: We had a girl in my school that took LCD and now she thinks shes a balloon for the rest of her life.

Mar 2 2010 Anchor

What isn't? It's because of 9/11, the Patriotic Act saw the daylight. It's because of 9/11, something like a "war on terrorism" (sic) exists. O.o

Never before someone dared to wage a war with invisible enemies, at the same time stationing troops near Russia (no? check your map).

Of course, you wouldn't want to admit that you wouldn't want to waste your money invested in Israel, too. But I fear, your war on terrorism helps the rise of Zion (an unjust state) too much.

These all are related, more or less directly, to the 9/11 attacks, the beginning of a new US policy - a policy of invading countries on a whim.

Jyffeh
Mar 2 2010 Anchor

They have nothing to do with proving a hidden motive of the perpetrators. Every concentration of power took advantage of the situation to make money and further their agendas. Things like this happen regularly. Just look at how people took advantage of those displaced from public housing after Hurricane Katrina to boot New Orleans impoverished out turn those neighborhoods in to rich private housing. All of this being true doesn't mean that any one involved was secretly behind the hurricane. I agree 9/11 was seen as a huge opportunity by a lot of people, but that alone does not prove that those that profited were directly involved.

Edited by: Jyffeh

Mar 2 2010 Anchor

No, it doesn't, I agree with you, but more and more people are making profits out of 9/11 attacks, and that's the problem - it becomes even more suspicious than before. Agendas become too far-fetched - and now Russia is said to be meddling with foreign policies - Lithuania became a target of Russian agents (really!).

Also, the motive of 9/11 attacks attracts curiosity: why would anybody living in the Middle East be angered that the USA meddles with their affairs, and favours Israel? Why anybody in USA would want to cover it up?

We should discuss Israel's key role in 9/11, though it's rather an indirect link to the very attacks.

V_Flashbang
V_Flashbang Everlasting Gobstopper
Mar 2 2010 Anchor

Ok, I have facts against the supposed "Conspiracy" of 9/11:

People say they never found the engines/remains of them. Well, the turbines/shells and other parts of the engine were aluminum, which has a low melting point. The rest was titanium, strong, durable, like steel. The rods were made out of titanium; the rest melted from the heat blanketed in by the 20000 tons of steel/cement/office stuff on it. And they found the titanium rods so far as i'm concerned.

"The government did it." Really? The government would do that? Annihilate 3000 people, wound a bunch more, and not to mention the firefighters? The government is evil, but it isn't that stupid.

"The terrorist didn't do this." Ok. Yeah, real coincidence that there was a failed bombing in the towers in 1991 I believe, then almost exactly 10 years later, another attempt to wreak havoc. Infiniti to 0 chance, considering it did happen, and they caused it.

Note: these are taken from the most common question from this "wannabe consipracy"

--

the grass is always greener, where the dogs are shitting

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Mar 2 2010 Anchor

why would anybody living in the Middle East be angered that the USA meddles with their affairs, and favours Israel? Why anybody in USA would want to cover it up?

Please tell me that's rhetorical.

Mar 2 2010 Anchor

Bjangles wrote: Ok, I have facts against the supposed "Conspiracy" of 9/11 (...)

To cut it short, here's a thread about these things: Moddb.com

I look only at facts. The fact is that the US gov't has taken the tapes of the supposed 'attack', against all common sense & reasons.
They should confiscate tapes of WTCs being destroyed, too. Really. And also kidnap all witnesses. To be fair and make a very 'just' judgement. Do not forget about taking surrounding buildings to prove their point of innocence.

On a more serious note, the US gov't isn't transparent at all. Take all the shine from them, from their words, and one will see what these people are made of.

Cryrid wrote: Please tell me that's rhetorical.

Hmm, it is, at least partially. It's quite normal that they COULD be angered, especially if they were somewhat favoured before or they'd like to be favoured (by the USA) - or at least they'd like to have equal chances or their way of handling matters there.

The second question isn't so simple. Why anybody would want to cover this simple reason up? People are ignorant enough to avoid it, but why ADDITIONALLY omit it and silence people?
<- here we can scrutinise so-called Representative Press's 'cover-up' theory.

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Mar 3 2010 Anchor

I look only at facts. The fact is that the US gov't has taken the tapes of the supposed 'attack', against all common sense & reasons.
They should confiscate tapes of WTCs being destroyed, too. Really. And also kidnap all witnesses.

Should have. Fact is they didn't. Otherwise, blaming them or making assumptions doesn't seem factual at all.

It's quite normal that they COULD be angered

Merely 'could'? Would you be happy if a foreign government came in and took some of your land (I'm not sure if they believe it is holy land too, or if that is just the Jewish) and gave it to another people (with different beliefs). Look at the history of Israel, they have been at war since the very year the UN set it up. It didn't take one day after they declared independance to be invaded by Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria. There's been plenty of fighting ever since, be it around Israel or in Munich. Throw in the US giving them complete support and billions of dollars in military funding, and of course they're going to be pissing off the neighbours who have been in conflict with Israel (some who still call for it to be wiped off the map).

The second question isn't so simple. Why anybody would want to cover this simple reason up? People are ignorant enough to avoid it, but why ADDITIONALLY omit it and silence people?

Would you want to tell the people who vote to keep you in power that your foreign policies have led to the terrorist attacks on your soil, or would you want them to think they were attacked because of their freedoms and glorious nation?

Edited by: Cryrid

Lupus_of_nox_noctis
Lupus_of_nox_noctis Just a Loyal Sith Trooper. Long live the Sith!
Mar 3 2010 Anchor

I think they just wanted to piss off america.

--

"If you cant find something to live for, Find something to die for."

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.

Mar 3 2010 Anchor

I think it was done by americans for americans

Lupus_of_nox_noctis
Mar 3 2010 Anchor

Hmm...CONSPIRACY! maybe thats what many people claimed including the Iranis, Afganistanis and pakistans.

--

Mar 3 2010 Anchor

no it was you

yeah owned

Lupus_of_nox_noctis
Mar 3 2010 Anchor

oh god! nobody let this huy view youre account.

--

Mar 3 2010 Anchor

whats a huy?

your dumb im not talking with you any more

Mar 4 2010 Anchor

Cryrid wrote: Should have. Fact is they didn't. Otherwise, blaming them or making assumptions doesn't seem factual at all.

What are you talking about? They did, but concerning WTCs, they just didn't want to take the fun from people who taped WTCs - it was much more fun, so they couldn't let people just go and waste it. *sarcasm*

They shouldn't in either case. Smells like a cover-up, even if a partial one.

Cryrid wrote: Merely 'could'? Would you be happy if a foreign government came in and took some of your land (I'm not sure if they believe it is holy land too, or if that is just the Jewish) and gave it to another people (with different beliefs). Look at the history of Israel, they have been at war since the very year the UN set it up. It didn't take one day after they declared independance to be invaded by Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria. There's been plenty of fighting ever since, be it around Israel or in Munich. Throw in the US giving them complete support and billions of dollars in military funding, and of course they're going to be pissing off the neighbours who have been in conflict with Israel (some who still call for it to be wiped off the map).

Yes, I've seen some films and read something about that, even when in school. =/ And they weren't supported just by the US.

And to finish that sentence off: they had been so angered that they'd flown planes into buildings?

And lately, these highly *diplomatic* mediations between Israeli and Palestinians. I wonder what results ("fruits") these will bring.

Cryrid wrote: Would you want to tell the people who vote to keep you in power that your foreign policies have led to the terrorist attacks on your soil, or would you want them to think they were attacked because of their freedoms and glorious nation?

I'll take it as a rhetorical question. ;-)

And why isn't there anybody to stop such propagandae?

Mar 5 2010 Anchor

Feillyne wrote: And they weren't supported just by the US.

We were one of their biggest supporters who not only provided money, but training and equipment. I can believe that would throw us high on their list. Didn't the WTC have offices and financial institutions from multiple countries? I could see the attacks not only being an assault on the US, but also the western world and ideals.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.