Forum Thread
Team Fortress 2 to be Bundled with Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (Forums : PC Gaming : Team Fortress 2 to be Bundled with Half-Life 2: Episode 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

Big news from Gabe Newell, head honcho of Valve Software. He just announced yesterday that Team Fortress 2 will come packaged with the upcoming Half-Life 2: Episode 2. I guess that's one pretty good reason to spend that $20.

Pc.gamespy.com

EDIT: Perhaps a mod could switch the title around. I was a little dyslexic with my typing there, and meant to put "Team Fortress 2 to be Bundled with Half-Life 2: Episode 2".

User Posted Image

Edited by (in order): Karuto, Karuto, Karuto

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

wickedtoaster
wickedtoaster Toaster
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

that screenshot totally confuses me. i think valve was scared of fortress forever being a better version of tfc source than theirs so they had to go make something completely different.

--

User Posted Image

BrokenTripod
BrokenTripod Mapping now =O
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

Ew, it looks all...Kiddy.

Clearly reflects who plays the old TFC, now, though. All those 12-13 year olds ruining the game.

Especially whoever I saw with the name: "im 5 dont shoot"

Gah.

I specifically aimed for him.

Er, I still need to get Episode 1, first, though. And then I'll likely wait a while before getting Epi 2/TFC 2. Just to see how people like it.

Jul 15 2006 Anchor

Yeah.... that makes sense.... not...

Maybe they wanted to try something completely different instead of more of the same, like a direct update. I applaud their efforts, because it means a new direction for the style. Perhaps it might end up pleasantly surprising people.

--

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

Wow, I may get off my arse and buy my first PC game in a good 9 months for this. I loved TFC, dunno how this will turn out though.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Relto
Relto Kharak is burning.
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

Ippo wrote: Yeah.... that makes sense.... not...

Maybe they wanted to try something completely different instead of more of the same, like a direct update. I applaud their efforts, because it means a new direction for the style. Perhaps it might end up pleasantly surprising people.

Probably not, since people always need something to bitch about.

--

Jul 15 2006 Anchor

tf2 haha to all the tf2 mods

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

GOOD LORD IS THAT SOME FUCKING CEL SHADING IN MY TEAM FORTRESS 2??

ShortCutMan wrote: Wow, I may get off my arse and buy my first PC game in a good 9 months for this. I loved TFC, dunno how this will turn out though.

I remember you were in a clan with that girl, that girl who got very PMT at me one time and completely cracked it :cry:

Edited by: frosty-theaussie

--

User Posted Image

methy
methy Is he black, is he not?
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

Cell Shaded TF2! Woot!

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

It's not even cel shaded, and it's just a render.

Character design is nice though, but we need more redeeming factor than that. A welcoming change from valve's "HEY LETS PHOTOSOURCE EVERYTHING TO LOOK GOOD BECAUSE WE CAN'T PAINT CRAP" methods

Edited by (in order): leilei, leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

RatoN
RatoN We're going to the Winchester
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

Cheapalert wrote: Character design is nice though, but we need more redeeming factor than that.

Correction. For you.

Edited by: RatoN

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

I was wondering when it was going to happen (it was originally "confirmed" to be released with HL2 years back)

If that's the new art direction, I like the new direction. Hopefully it's not just the same game but sourcefied, and has something to bring to the fore.

Jul 15 2006 Anchor

hold on... I thought TF2 was susposed to like CnC Renegade.

i love the look, very Windwaker-esque, which is beautiful. But we waited near a decade for another TF port? I was hoping for a full game. Bummer. To me, that would be like if DN4Ever was going to be released this year.... as an expansion pack to DN3D. :(

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

JoeX111
JoeX111 Tilting at windmills
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

While I had some misgivings about the price of Episode One, especially when considering what all you got with it, this definitely makes me feel better. Episode 2 plus the Portals single player game plus Team Fortress 2 for the price of the first episode?

Sounds like a damn good deal to me.

Jul 15 2006 Anchor

JoeX111 wrote: While I had some misgivings about the price of Episode One, especially when considering what all you got with it, this definitely makes me feel better. Episode 2 plus the Portals single player game plus Team Fortress 2 for the price of the first episode?

Sounds like a damn good deal to me.

Agreed great deal if it doesnt go over the 70 dollar aus mark...

methy
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

I'm pretty sure it's going to be US$20 just like the first one, so around $30 for us Aussies. Sounds like a damn good deal, now I just have to get Episode 1, the only Half-Life game that I haven't got on release.XD

Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

This is also coming out on 360. It's the original HL2, Episode 1, Episode 2, and TF2.

Despite the fact that I've already beaten HL2 on Xbox, I'm going to give it another run on the 360 for Eps 1 and 2 along with TF2 on Live.

X-Peri-Mental
X-Peri-Mental The Undertaker
Jul 15 2006 Anchor

*sigh* I rmemeber TFC being the only fun I had when My CS was fucked...
BUt I rmemebered The screenies of TF2 to be more serious and more Realistic...
Not some "The Incredibles" rip off style design...still its looks ...Nice lol

Jul 15 2006 Anchor

I want a feature list, and more screenshots, keep us updated whoever made this thread.

Supercowbob
Supercowbob Angry Methods
Jul 16 2006 Anchor

That pic is actually in the source engine using their new lighting model.

It is not a target render, nor is it a port, and it definitely rocks.

Get your facts right, people!

Jul 16 2006 Anchor

There has been a wiki posted for Team Fortress 2 for a while: Upload.wikimedia.org

If you actually check the last External Link about the snippets found in the Half-Life 2 coding that had signaled Team Fortress 2 development, you'll find a thread made by Moddb's own Varsity (he may have edited that in himself, but I don't know ;)).

Other than that, I will be posting the latest news as it is revealed on Half-Life's main site (as well as the numerous TF sites) as soon as I get them. I have plenty of sources to check into, so I'll be sure to let you guys know the status of this game.

Edited by: Karuto

--

methy
Jul 16 2006 Anchor

The Half-Life 2 code is full of TeamFortress 2 code. There are entire files about it, and a lot of code that is commented out, which they have left in for modders to use. Everyone knew it had been in development on Source, but it's nice to know that it's confirmed, and the style does look promising. This was a lovely surprise to see on Steam News.

Jul 16 2006 Anchor

^^ Well, that's not what I was pointing out, actually. I was just mentioning that Varsity's thread was thrown into the Wiki. But, okay...

--

methy
Jul 16 2006 Anchor

Sorry Ippo, didn't realise. Reading over again, you're right.;)

Jul 16 2006 Anchor

oh I thought there was more than one picture.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.