Forum Thread
New fighter--the SSF-5 Beagle (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : New fighter--the SSF-5 Beagle) Locked
Thread Options
May 19 2004 Anchor

Tech info:
The Beagle is a stealth recon/light fighter craft, designed for situations where the pilot is at maximum risk, and the mission is absolutley necessary. Made of a top-secret, radar-absorbing composite, the outer shell of the craft is virtually undetectable to radar, unless in the presence of an advanced AWACS craft, where the much more sensor equipment will detect the faint engine emissions, producing a limited EEM signature, allowing all friendly aircraft in the area to attack with their primary weapons. In this situation, the pilot of the Beagle had better get out of the combat zone as soon as he or she possibly can, as the vessel is very lightly armored and armed. Nevertheless, the Beagle can be used for light strikes at targets deep within enemy territory.

This is for my game/mod, Nova: The End of Peace. I think I'm gonna do some massive greebling on this. Think I should? Total polycount is pretty low at 2484, but that's only because I smoothed it lightly.

Deviantart link: Deviantart.com

I've been told it isn't very stealthy looking, I'll try to fix that. :)

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
May 19 2004 Anchor

Not bad, but it does not look like it should be able to fly... reminds me of a speed boat.

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
May 19 2004 Anchor

yes. it looks like you attatched wings on the sides of a boat

--

TwinBeast
TwinBeast Full Metal Bionic Witch
May 19 2004 Anchor

I don't see any reason in it why it could not fly. I think it's pretty cool. It looks an aircraft that flies very fast.

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
May 20 2004 Anchor

It's smoothed in a way that makes it look less detailed, you might wanna work on the smoothing groups.

May 21 2004 Anchor

Thanks for the comments all! :)

In reply:

It's a spaceship, although I'm considering giving it duel capability (endo/exo atmospheric flight).

It looks like a boat, because, well, just because that's how it turned out :D

And the smoothing was never really completed, I always suck at that :D

But, again, thanks all! :)

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
May 22 2004 Anchor

It's a decent enough model - it's not that boatlike. Although I've never been a fan of all these uber-smooth space craft models. I like things to look beefy :)

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
May 22 2004 Anchor

Hmmm, beefy? What do you mean by that? :confused:

May 25 2004 Anchor

*haven't checked thread in awhile*

He probably means he likes it when the fighters are bulkier, and have more flat ends than smooth round ones.

May 25 2004 Anchor

cool kinda odd...
oldfaq

- Edited By oldfaq On Tue 25th, May 2004 @ 4:44:53pm

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.