Forum Thread
Battlefield 2142 (Forums : PC Gaming : Battlefield 2142) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 13 2006 Anchor

Battlefield 2142 is set in a post ice age future, where great battles take place for control over the remaining land.

Discuss your thoughts...

Img.gamespot.com
Img.gamespot.com

FullMetalFox
FullMetalFox Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Apr 13 2006 Anchor

ever heard of the search button?

Moddb.com

--

User Posted Image
Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Apr 13 2006 Anchor

I'm 'bout to kill someone! ;(

Apr 14 2006 Anchor

that would be a cool mod *staying to the topic*

Apr 14 2006 Anchor

Of course I've heard of the search button; i've been a registered member 2 years longer than you.

Edited by: TimBobMcgee

cheeseyballz
cheeseyballz 100% Pretty Cool
Apr 14 2006 Anchor

I have actually *GHASP* never used the search button O_O

Jambozal
Jambozal Non-veteran ♥
Apr 14 2006 Anchor

Reino wrote: Of course I've heard of the search button; i've been a registered member 2 years longer than you.

Why didn't you use it then.

2142 is a big glorified mod and will be as poor as BF2 was. Go EA for milking all of us dry.

--

User Posted Image
Sig courtesy of A hammy-bob mod christmas special 3 XD
Need help for: sound mastering, editing and recording, SFX creation or music? Drop me a PM

Wraiyth
Wraiyth That Guy Who Does Those Things With The Stuff
Apr 14 2006 Anchor

Shameful stab to steal the limelight from ET:QW.

Apr 15 2006 Anchor

Jambozal wrote:

Reino wrote: Of course I've heard of the search button; i've been a registered member 2 years longer than you.

Why didn't you use it then.

Because he didn't ask me to. He just asked me if i've heard of the search button. I'll use it when I feel up to it.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Apr 15 2006 Anchor

It's still your fault for your own laziness. It's right at the beginning of page 2!

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Apr 15 2006 Anchor

BF2142 is the lamest cheesy attempt to cash in EVER. Whoever thought up this game must think he's some kind of evil villain genius.

--

User Posted Image

Apr 15 2006 Anchor

Oh, I think there are worse ways to cash in.

/me looks towards Maxis and The Sims franchise

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Apr 15 2006 Anchor

it's obvious they're ripping off quake wars. If you look hard enough and have an actual brain you'll find simplized bastardizations of the strogg insignia!

--

<  insert subject games here  >

methy
methy Is he black, is he not?
Apr 15 2006 Anchor

Its EA, of course they are going to "try to enlarge their profit margin". Meh, I think the game looks fun. It might not be revolutionary, and it might be a total rip off, but it looks fun. And if you were to ask me, ET: Quake Wars seems like cashing in aswell.

cheeseyballz
cheeseyballz 100% Pretty Cool
Apr 15 2006 Anchor

Quake Wars looks a lot more fun then this new sad battle field game :P I dont think this will be much fun at all because it will be unbalanced with mechs vsing people on foot O_O

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 15 2006 Anchor

You know, infantry have, and likely always will be the stable of the military, whether versus tanks or mechs, they can still get where the armour can't, and not to mention threaten it in a way like no other.

Anyone worth their salt should know this :)

Quake Wars is in a similar vein; human infantry versus bio-mechanical strogg monstrosities. A few vehicles and larger gribblies thrown in for good measue.

HackerHellstorm
HackerHellstorm Hoc Majorum Virtus
Apr 20 2006 Anchor

i was hoping battlefield would make its next installment a leap into the future but this seems a little premature, they should take the time to make a completely new engine and really put some work into it. then again, who knows what kind of crazy bugs theyll come up with for the new engine.. but then again, this "modified" engine will probably already come with awhole new array of bizzare glitches.. lets just hope the red tag bug will be a thing of the past.

btw screw the search button!

Stallion001
Stallion001 Ladies know me as daddy, u call me snuggle bear
Apr 20 2006 Anchor

Definately will be buyin this for 360

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.