Forum Thread
Battlefield 2142 (Forums : PC Gaming : Battlefield 2142) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Mar 20 2006 Anchor

apparently it's EAs mysterious quakewars competitor. lol this is the video.

Discuss.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

cheeseyballz
cheeseyballz 100% Pretty Cool
Mar 20 2006 Anchor

This doesnt look like anything special to me... it seems that many games are going in this direction these days :/ It might be fun because it might be the one i get because i will not get quake wars :D

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Mar 20 2006 Anchor

Why don't they call it Renegade 2 instead, since it looks like it would be set in the Tiberian Sun universe... no need for CnC reborn.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Mar 20 2006 Anchor

looks like a badly made mod

ArChNeMiSiS
ArChNeMiSiS Say hello to my little friend!
Mar 20 2006 Anchor

I agree. Is it just an expansion pack for Battlefield 2? It uses the same soldier models (only reskinned i presume). Nup, Enemy territory all the way XD .

--

User Posted Image

Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Mar 20 2006 Anchor

User Posted Image

If I wanted to play something with ripoff mechs, I'll either buy MechWarrior, MechAssault, or Chromehounds.

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Mar 20 2006 Anchor

chrome had mechs in multiplayer

so did terminator RotM lol

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Mar 21 2006 Anchor

Their poor fabrication of a vague story had me pissing myself. That was quite dire.

Personally, I can't really see why yet another piss-poor Battlefield brand name is worth the trouble. It has potential, but then so did BattleField 2, and let's face it, that was terrible.

TheDebonairNomad
TheDebonairNomad Selectively Ignorant.
Mar 21 2006 Anchor

I have just finished watching the video and my reply to this is: "Oh God, my eyes! the unoriginallity, It Burns, It Burns!!!" *Rolls on the floor screaming*

Edited by (in order): TheDebonairNomad, TheDebonairNomad, TheDebonairNomad, TheDebonairNomad

--

I'm the Bringer of Death, Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or Give me a Sandwich I'm hungry.

FullMetalFox
FullMetalFox Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Mar 21 2006 Anchor

oh my god, this walkers are just ugly o.o

--

User Posted Image
SpaceCowboy
SpaceCowboy Shrubber
Mar 21 2006 Anchor

Sorry, but the whole 'battlefield' idea is flawed. Havn't DI played Scissor Paper Rock?

--

"The mouths of the rightous suckle softly on the breasts of holy love; King Squanchobooyah did see this in the year of his flesh; And he did erect his rod in the name of holy love." --Czarinthias 9:21

Hastings
Hastings Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.
Mar 21 2006 Anchor

Wait a minute, how in the hell is the polar ice cap expanding and at that hugely rapid pace?!

--

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

cheeseyballz
Mar 21 2006 Anchor

They have the worst story.. they might as well make one where the polar ice caps are nuked! This looks like a bad mix of mechassault and battle field 2 :/ I cant see how it can have much of a story once its made but well see once its out i guess...

Mar 21 2006 Anchor

I can't wait to play it. It looks pretty cool. I want to ride around on mechs and destroy everything.

Stick that up your butt, Battlefield bashers. :P

NOTE: I'm actually telling the truth. I want to play this game.

Edited by: Karuto

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

cheeseyballz
Mar 21 2006 Anchor

Really? i thought you were joking for a second... or making fun of it :O

ambershee
Mar 22 2006 Anchor

I love how everyone goes to war on account of an expanding ice-cap. If anything that'd bring countries together in a mutual support program. "OMG, ice has covered a large part of our country". Solution: Build on top of the ice...

ArChNeMiSiS
ArChNeMiSiS Say hello to my little friend!
Mar 22 2006 Anchor

They could have at least made it believeable.....like the polar ice caps "melting"..then they'd have to fight for high land that is dry and away from all the ocean nasties XD

--

User Posted Image

SpaceCowboy
SpaceCowboy Shrubber
Mar 22 2006 Anchor

ambershee wrote: I love how everyone goes to war on account of an expanding ice-cap. If anything that'd bring countries together in a mutual support program. "OMG, ice has covered a large part of our country". Solution: Build on top of the ice...

Better solution: Acellerate global warming; kill filthy hippies.

--

"The mouths of the rightous suckle softly on the breasts of holy love; King Squanchobooyah did see this in the year of his flesh; And he did erect his rod in the name of holy love." --Czarinthias 9:21

methy
methy Is he black, is he not?
Mar 22 2006 Anchor

I'm with Ippo. While this may be unoriginal, it looks like fun. BF2 is flawed, sure, but what the hell does that matter when you can run around in a big fuckoff mech blowing shit up?

Mar 22 2006 Anchor

Doesn't look anything special at the moment... but they do have Predator-style camouflage, no other game has ever had that before :rolleyes:

Baza
Baza Professional Idiot and Aussie Hobo
Mar 22 2006 Anchor

methulah wrote: I'm with Ippo. While this may be unoriginal, it looks like fun. BF2 is flawed, sure, but what the hell does that matter when you can run around in a big fuckoff mech blowing shit up?

Amen to that.

--

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

User Posted Image

VAU: amateurs with proessional standards

ambershee
Mar 22 2006 Anchor

methulah wrote: I'm with Ippo. While this may be unoriginal, it looks like fun. BF2 is flawed, sure, but what the hell does that matter when you can run around in a big fuckoff mech blowing shit up?

If that were true, I'd play a Mechwarrior style game. The reason BF2 sucked so much, is because of its terrible flawedness. I don't want to play a game with as many problems, even if it does have dodgy mechs. And even then, I'm still in favour of Quake Wars.

Mar 22 2006 Anchor

Dodgy mechs? Dude, this game isn't set to release until late this fall. That gives them plenty of time to completely rework everything. As an example, the first time the game Full Auto was shown at E3, everything looked pale and the car models looked flat. Give them a few months, and already the radical changes were in place.

And when was the story in any FPS game great? Most of them are recycled. That just doesn't matter, because it's the gameplay that's important. Period. Give me one good FPS with an original storyline, and I'll show you 10 others that are not.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

bulliz
bulliz Not so good: coder/mapper/modeler/concept artist
Mar 22 2006 Anchor

I think batlefield type games in the next few weeks/months will be like the world war games or zombie mods are now.

--

Mintrubbing.org - teh romanian way

ambershee
Mar 22 2006 Anchor

Almost all mech designs in anything are dodgy, they can rework them as much as they like - it doesn't change their unlikelihood. Stories in most FPS games are poor, but they have valid backstories - we're griping at this one, because the entire precept behind it is just ridiculous, especially on 'realistic' style games like the Battlefield series.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.