Propper is an add-on for Valve Hammer Editor that can convert any map geometry into a Source model, suitable for static props and physics props.
Propper is an edited version of vbsp that outputs a model instead of a bsp.
Many mappers need to make props for their maps, but don't want or don't have time to learn a separate modeling program. This tool allows them to make models in Hammer in an automated process. It's also useful to modelers who collaborate with mappers. Propper keeps texture mapping intact, and auto-generates a physics mesh.
- Can create static props, dynamic props, or physics props
- Generates a .qc file and automatically compiles the prop for use in your game.
- Generates a working physics mesh.
- Automatic material conversion--Turns map textures into valid model textures.
- Distinguishes between real textures and "tool" textures.
- Respects Hammer smoothing groups or autosmooth.
- Configure your prop from within Hammer.
- Displacement support--outputs any displacement surface you can make (not solid).
- skins support--use multiple textures on the same prop.
- custom gib support
- $keyvalues support: cables, particles, and physgun interactions are available.
- Output multiple models out of an existing map.
- LOD support
- Bodygroups support
Beta .31 is the latest version, released 19 August 2012
Changes since last release:
- Propper now installs into "source2009" instead of the "orangebox" folder.
- 2007/2009 versions should create folders as needed.
- Fixed QC formatting on flammable props
- Propper no longer checks the contents of brushes to determine solidity. Every brush will be included in a physics mesh.
- Simple .obj support. Use the command line parameter -obj to export Wavefront OBJ files instead of .smd files.
- Propper applies LODs in the correct order now.
- Propper correctly converts "Cable" materials if you use them on a model.
- Propper retains detail textures and ssbump textures in converted materials
- Hopefully fixed instances where materials are needlessly converted multiple times (please contact me if this continues to happen).
- Now no limit to how many materials can be converted.