EDIT as of 2018-12-08 - First Patch added to the 1.5 version fixing the following issues and maybe more:
- Armored Scorpions in use by the Farraki Trolls have 8 riders - not 50. They will not be invincible on the strat-map as the AI.
- Wrong armor levels for Argent Dawn units in the Scarlet Crusade EK armies in the "Grand Campaign" which is the Frozen Throne campaign - has been fixed, used to cause CTD when attempting to enter battles in the Hearthglen area where they are located.
- Fixed pop growth for real this time, you need to build population growth buildings and such. Not more bonuses than bonus 1 in all the settlements.
- Inquisitor projectile changed to mage_fire to make it deadlier. It doesn't need the same projectile as the Priest.
- All the casters fixed and no longer has "cannot skirmish" unless they are both melee and skirmish like the dwarves, Medusas or Druids. This means that Dreadlords, Warlocks, Priests, Liches and mages won't go into melee all the time and get themselves killed off.
- Scarlet Crusade improved in both campaigns by giving them one unit of Mud Golems in both their starting areas. In the old campaign they did also get Argent Dawn units from the start for one of their commanders instead of the elites - and i've added one unit of mounted paladins to each of their Northrend armies in the old campaign.
- I've playtested as the Naga attacking Arkkoran, as the Burning Legion attacking the Kolkar camp and as the Gurubashi attacking Booty Bay - no ctd and worked fine for me. - Might be the installation or computer causing crashes for the guy reporting those issues.
- Burning Legion can crash in battle some times - just try the same battle again. At least twice, because with the Legion it usually works the second try.
I've made Marshtide Watch a Stormwind settlement, instead of a Gurubashi one. It is held by Bandits after all.
- Fixed the rebel Orc Raiders wolf-mount - it is now the Legion skin and not the ordinary Horde one.
- Added more ammo to all the dragons because they stoped to fire after a very short while.
The 4gb patch found in the Warhammer: BotET-mod - it's required for the Warcraft beta to work i've been told. I have decided to upload it here so people won't have to download the entire BotET (Beginning of the End Times) submod for Call of Warhammer.
Patch your kingdoms.exe, and only do it once. It will make all heavy mods work and be more stable. Without the patch you may experience alot of crashes.
Join the new Discord here:
Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA V 1.5!
The Official PUBLIC BETA RELEASE of Warcraft Total War - UPDATED dec 06 2018, worked on heavily since march 29 2017 - CD-version of Medieval II is what we developers are using, and so it is recommended - but mod should work for Steam as well - even though we may not be able to help you with issues then.
To install the mod using the CD-version, move the mod-folder named "WTW" inside of your Medieval II Total War/mods-folder - after first using the latest version of winRAR to extract the folder - by moving it out manually by draging the folder with your mouse. And start the mod by clicking the .bat-file - for Steam use the ordinary method. Be advised that you must move the entire SEGA game folder out of program files to prevent issues on new computers, also you'd have to deactivate the UAC (User Account Control) as it interfere with mods making them not work. - Read more about disabling the UAC at TWC (Total War Center) or just shut it down totally).
Also, you'd need to download the 4gb patch i've uploaded since before and patch the Kingdoms.exe with it in order for the mod to work, or you'll face crashes a lot and might not even be able to start the mod - using Steam you should patch Medieval2.exe instead i've heard.
Also, download the MedievalII.Preference-file that i did upload a few days ago & place in main Medieval II Total War folder - replacing the old file there. This will enable you to play defensive battles in hotseat, as well as prevent a bug causing CTD when clicking buildings on the campaign - it will also make FMV's work.
WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS MOD WITH ADVISOR ON, NEVER CLICK ADVISOR - mod will CTD!
For Steam watch this video:
Mod changelist is huge, and here are some of the changes made:
Version 1.5 changelist:
1. A NEW Radar-Map on the campaign map view by WarcraftHero:
WarcraftHero did use the textures from the strategic map - made by TheHappyCrusader - to create the new battlefields.
3. New units for all the factions as well as the Minor Factions/Rebels - plus a new faction named the Trade Coalition (Goblins) - units riged by Bantu Chieftain and implemented by me through coding:
The Trade Coalition is playable in custom battles only for now - but they are in the campaign as NPC rebels!
4. New custom settlements from other mods with unique reskins for most factions - implemented by me:
Khaz'Modan castle types - from Warhammer BotET and used with permission - unused updated version:
Khaz'Modan city types - reskinned BotET Dwarven skins:
Ahn'Qiraj city types - custom settlement from the Great Sea beta without water:
Ahn'Qiraj Castle-types - Ontheon from Hyrule Total War:
Scourge village/town - Scourgeholm from the Elder Scrolls: Total War:
Scourge large town/large castle - Beorn's Halls from Leo_civil_Uef's Alternative Patch for Third Age:
Scourge castle/fortress/city/large city - Ikanian Capital from Hyrule Total War!
Blood Elven reskins of the BotET High Elven settlement skins for all city/castle types by Bantu Chieftain - with new symbols and banners by me:
Most Dark Iron castle-types - custom settlements from the Alternative Patch:
Horde/ Dark Horde higher levels of castles/cities - reskinned Moblin Capitals (destroyed and undestroyed) from Hyrule Total War - reskinned by Bantu Chieftain:
Naga cities - reskinned Lanayuru Province/Storm Zora custom settlements from Hyrule Total War - reskinned by Bantu Chieftain:
Night Elven city/castle type custom settlements from the Elder Scrolls: Total War - reskinned by Bantu Chieftain:
Kingdom of Azjol'Nerub custom settlements from Hyrule Total War - reskinned by Bantu Chieftain:
Burning Legion custom settlements from Hyrule Total War - reskinned by Bantu Chieftain:
5. New reskins of the Theramore and Stormwind vanilla settlements:
Plus lots of fixes, gameplay changes such as lowered population growth, made it harder to recruit giants/dragons as they now can only be recruited from certain areas on the fifth level of a settlement, and they also do have a long time between each recruited unit - play the game for more info!
Mod went from 2.6GB to 4.48GB so it says a lot.
Enjoy the new version!
Version 1.5 CREDITS:
Mr_Nygren and Bantu Chieftain - for the bigger part of all the work done in this update!
WarcraftHero - For the radar-map, battlefield textures, some fixing, the historical battles editor, many of the portraits for the new units etc.
Zerg93 - For the new Trade Coalition banners used in battle.
Elder Scrolls: Total War and LordNazgul for the Night Elven custom settlements (skins by Bantu Chieftain) and for the Undead village/town in use by the Scourge.
Hyrule Total War and Undying Nephalim for lots of custom settlements in use by many factions (skins remade by Bantu Chieftain)!
DBM and it's creator for the Aztecs vanilla settlements that he/they did have available as files in their mod used by the Troll factions in this mod (reskins by Bantu Chieftain)!
Great Sea: Total War Beta and Undying Nephalim for one of the custom settlements (water removed by me) in use by the Ahn'Qiraj faction!
Third Age: Total War and the Alternative Patch by leo.civil.uefs for the custom settlements in use by the Dark Iron Dwarves (reskins by Bantu Chieftain)!
Naga Royal Guards and the Drakkari Mammoth models created by Eges96 - the creator of Warcraft3Rebirth - they were riged by Bantu Chieftain for this mod and implemented through coding by me.
Warhammer BotET custom settlements in use by Khaz'Modan created by Tomdoof - implemented by me!
Warhammer reskins of vanilla settlements by Call of Warhammer/Beginning of the End Times - reskins by Bantu Chieftain, banners and symbols of Elven/Blood Elven reskins edited in by me!
- Link to his thread over at TWC as requested from him in order for me to use his stuff:
Enjoy the update as it's vast!
Mr_Nygren, Eoghan Wolfkin, Bantu Chieftain, TheHappyCrusader, Sulfurion Blackfyre &WarcraftHero - all the work on the mod itself turning things into Warcraft style, adding units, adding new menu, new scripts, new animations, the whole EDB, EDU, descr_strat etc - all work on turning the map-only alpha into this version.
Warcraft3Underground fan-site for Warcraft 3 moding - lots of models that we riged for the mod.
Undying Nephalim and Hyrule Total War - Animations and Undead siege engines.
Myth Total War - Animations.
Akhtross Total War - Animations and projectiles.
Call of Warhammer/The Sundering/Beginning of the End Timess - Animations, strat-models for elven princesses, projectiles, Siege engines, ship strat-models and base models for our new models.
Elder Scrolls: Total War - some of Eoghans Undead units were based on Undead from this mod.
Bare Geomod - UI textfiles.
East of Rome - Marka Horse basemodel and texture
Europa Barbarorum 2 team - Skynet Battle AI and campaign script.
Stainless Steel - Savage Campaign AI.
Changes since the demo are too many to list here. Enjoy!
"Warcraft Total War is an unofficial modification with no profit for Medieval 2: Total War, a game developed by The Creative Assembly and published by SEGA. The Warcraft Total War modification is neither created nor affiliated, supported and endorsed by The Creative Assembly Limited, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. or SEGA Corporation.
Total War, Medieval 2: Total War and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
Warcraft® is ™ trademark or ® registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries. The Warcraft logo and Blizzard Entertainment logo are either ™ trademarks, ® registered trademarks and/or © Copyright of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries. All the marks, characters, character names, races, race names, units, unit names, factions, faction names, factions insignia, banners, names, symbols, places, place names, locations, location names, vehicles, vehicle names, images from and related to the Warcraft world are either ™ trademarks, ® registered trademarks and/or © Copyright of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries. No challenge intended to their status. All Rights reserved to their respective owners.
The "Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA 1.5" is not an attempt at a "World of Warcraft: Total War", - it is an attempt for a full release of a Warcraft Three (Third War) Total War."
PS: Don't use too many Mountain Giants, Sea Giants, Molten Giants or Infernals in the same battle or it will CTD due to polygon hardcoded limit in Medieval II being breached - and try not to have too many big demons in the same small area neither.
Otherwise strat-map is fully stable and battles may only CTD randomly. Always save before a battle. CTRL S will create quick saves.