The Unreal Tournament SDK is a collection of hardcoded Engine Enhancements for Unreal Tournament that aim to update that wonderful old game so that both gamers and level designers/mod developers may enjoy this fine game just a bit longer. It is completely Open Source, free for noncommercial use. While I know that Unreal Engine 4 is the current state of the art incarnation of the Unreal Engine this project has become a more or less private project just for fun. After a 4 year break (coding nothing since 2014) I'm lookng forward to continue the project and release the next update in 2018. So yes... it's active again, after I had a time of hardship these last years.
Preview of upcoming Features in September Beta: better Vertex Sprite Support.
Formally only usable when setting bParticles=true, the new VertexSprite Actors behave indipendently from Actor settings. VertexSprite Actors are much more flexibale than standard Actors with bParticles=true.
- indipendent U/V Size of Sprites
- Sprite Scale doesn't depend on DrawScale of Actor anymore
- dynamic Color
- all supported Texture Styles (Translucent, Modulated etc.)
- ZBuffer Control
- you can control which Vertices are displayed as Sprites (VertexUseRange)
- works with LOD and non-LOD Meshes
Field of application:
- for drawing Fake Bloom
- Volumetric Particle Effects
- Volumetric Foliage and Vegetation