An Overhaul submod for The Elder Scrolls: Total War, fixing all bugs in the official release and adding many features, such as several factions, custom campaigns, dungeons, lore missions and guilds, upgradable settlements, many new units and retextures, traits, ancillaries and more!
Patch 2.0.1 has been released. In order to be able to launch the mod, you need the previous 2.0 FINAL version as well as the base TES TW 2.0 + 2.0.1. Read the tips in case you are having issues with performance or crashes
Install instructions for the download:
Make sure you are using the right download of 2.0., there are two that you can pick from. Both works with 2.0.1.
Of course, you need to apply 4GB patch or LAA patch to your medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe as well. LINK
1. Go into your The_Elder_Scrolls/data and delete the whole "world" folder"!
2. Download and install Unofficial Patch 2.0 for TES FINAL, and extract it into your Medieval II Total War/mods folder, so that it merges with your previously installed base mod TES TW 2.0.1 (you will know that you are doing it correctly if it asks you to overwrite, hit yes).
3. Download and extract the Unofficial Patch 2.0.1 for TES into your mods folder, so that it merges with The_Elder_Scrolls folder. And overwrite. If it doesnt ask you to, you are not doing it properly.
4. You must use "TES UP" launcher to play the mod, other launchers will not work. Once the launcher opens, make sure that "full loging" and "creatures fix" are disabled, then "apply changes" and choose "Start Mod"
5. You are ready to play!
No other files or patches are necessary.
If you are experiencing frequent end turn crashes, the issue is very likely on your end! Running the game in compatibility mode and as administrator may fix it, see the tips below!
Your saves from previous versions are not compatible.
In case the launcher settings change for some reason, I show below the setting you ought to have (left upper doesnt matter, left bottom matters significantly, and the one the right side is more or less optional, only berserks fix required from those). But definitely keep full logging disabled.
Tips for fixing crashes and performance
If you crash upon launching the game, you probably failed to follow install instructions so try again. (4GP patch is a must, apply it to both, medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe). 4GB Patch can also various issues when playing the mod.
Running the mod as an administrator may resolve various issues, so always try that, as well as changing your compatibility mode in medieval2.exe. - LINK
You may also try to disable your UAC, for some people it does miracles - LINK
You can also try giving the mod launcher an exception in your antivirus program, or disabling the antivirus entirely for the time you play.
If you crash upon loading saves/starting campaigns, try running a quick/custom battle first.
If you have low FPS, try to turn off shadows, decrease unit size, or decrease your graphics in general and give high priority to Medieval II in Task Manager. If you have lags/lows FPS, you can try this TOOL.
If you have steam overlay enabled, it should help with performance greatly, if you disable it.
- There may be some crashes, but should be all random, hence if you reload, or go a turn back, it should disappear. If there is a permanent crash, please let me know.
- The Turns times are still fairly long, in the next version I will be sure to cut the time down to the minimum by optimizing scripts further (there are too many lore scripts :/ )
As its packed with new content, its also naturally expectable that there will be lot of bugs and and stuff to fix. So in case you encounter any bugs, please report it, so we can fix it.
You can watch install video by Rampaned but please note it doesnt include patch 2.0.1.