SWFOC - Revised offers enhanced tactical depth, polished visuals and new units without changing
the original Empire at War experience.
New Update 1.4 released, check it out!
Here is a brief overview of what you can expect from this mod:
- Improved Rock-Paper-Scissors: Units are now balanced in a more logical way - without changing the
original Empire at War experience.
- Improved visuals: All projectiles were overhauled and many units were rescaled to represent their
real size more accurately.
- Improved defenses and space battles: A defensive approach is much more viable now. To keep the
game dynamic space battles can take on a much larger scale.
- Ground attack aircraft: Each factions recieves 4 unique ground attack aircraft each fullfilling their
own role in battle which adds a new level of complexity and decisionmaking.
- Many new units: There are many more faction units and mercenaries in both GC and Skirmish now,
breathing new life into Empire at War.
- More streamlined progression in GC: The road from Tech 1 to Tech 5 is more streamlined which not
only increases the fun in early-midgame but also improves the faction balance by a lot.
- New tactics: There are numerous new ways to approach the enemy now including clever usage of ground
aircraft, espionage and holding galactic key-positions to name but a few.
- A multitude of minor improvements...You can read about all features here.
- Slower hyperspace-travel for more tactical decisions
- Space unit cap of 30 for the empire and 40 for everyone else
- 10 seconds retreat timer for everyone, retreating units no longer take 4 times more damage -retreating should be a more viable option now
- Higher view distance for units to allow more tactical reactions
- Weather effects have a much stronger impact on the performance of your units now
Changes to income:
- Mining colonies now provide a substantial increase to income making them key positions in galactic conquest, more planets are marked as "mining colonies"
- Much higher planet base income
- New ways to earn credits: Gambling, labour camps (Empire), bonuses
- Credits from bonus objectives increased to encourage completing them
- Streamlined tech-research for longer early-/midgame
- Added the GC-maps from Empire at War for people who want to experience the conflict without Zann-Consortium
- Improved Rock-Paper-Scissors system
- Slightly weaker bombing runs, rebel bombardment buffed
- Massively buffed space stations, but also increased cost to encourage building them on key positions
- Fighter bays for mon calamari cruisers and Ackbar
- More cumbersome, but heavier hitting artillery
- Stronger turbolaser defenses, infantry should not get hit now!
- Superweapons now take longer to build and cost more to justify their power
- Kedable and Krayt capital ships now require a planet capable of producing such vessels
- Faster and better looking projectiles while keeping the original feeling
- Underworld lasers now orange, V-Wing/Venator lasers now blue
- Some units were rescaled to reflect their real size
- Slightly smaller hardpoints
- Infantry killed in action will take much longer to decay now
- New Sounds for many units/projectiles
- For now: Heavy/Light Turbolasers, Large Laser Cannons, AT-AT, AT-ST, Anti-Air, AT-AA, Artillery Fire/Explosion, Droideka, Pulse Cannon, Underworld Turbos, Ioncannons
- Changed main menu theme back to "Imperial March"
- Categorized new units, build tabs should be less overstuffed now
- Maximum of 50k credits for skirmish battles
- Disabled LucasArts and Petroglyph intro
- Skirmish station/tech upgrades moved to tactical-upgrades; you can now produce units while upgrading your station/teching up
- New/Fixed descriptions for all units
- AT-AT and AT-ST firing now as seen in the movies
- Grand Arena (gambling)
- Communications Array
- Uplink Station (Espionage)
- Vehicle Workshop (Unlocks ground attack aircraft)
- Small/Big Orbital Construction Dock (New space units)
- Pirate Fighter
- Pirate Frigate
- Sith Interdictor
- Temple of the Dark Side
- Imperial Prison
- Acclamator Invasion Ship
- Stormtrooper Platoon
- Imperial Sniper
- Sith Adept
- Eclipse-Class-SSD (balanced!)
- Victor II
- Corellian Assault Corvette
- Orbital Jamming Station
- Carrack Cruiser
- Mandator II
- Crusader Assault Ship
- MC80, Stormtrooper Platoon, TIE-Advanced and 1.2 legacy unit icons: Mega Icon Pack by Admiral-Ace
- Sith Interdictor, Carrack Cruiser, Victor II, Munificent, Praetor, Providence,
Mandator II and Lucrehulk models: OldRepublic models pack 4.0 by Nomada_Firefox
Thank you for releasing these fantastic icons and models!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.