This mod is the current version of the original Oblivion Lost series, developed by Kanyhalos & OLP Team. The purpose of this mod is to get closer to the old Oblivion Lost which was planned by GSC back in the days, and give the best immersion possible, while implementing the best mod features: Total Freeplay, Improved A-Life, New Levels, Extended Main Storyline and Reality Enhancement. This mod works properly only with 1.0005 patch and it was tested only with that patch! You need to start a new game with no additional mods installed! Savegames from earlier mod versions are not compatible!
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Oblivion Lost
Type: mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl
Platform: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit (or better)
Languages: English WorldWide
Patch version: 1.0005
Authors: Kanyhalos, Bangalore & the former OLP Team
MOD - DOWNLOAD LINK:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. OBLIVION LOST 3.1 - DEFINITIVE EDITION
This mod is the current version of the original Oblivion Lost series, developed by Kanyhalos & OLP Team. The purpose of this mod is to get closer to the old Oblivion Lost which was planned by GSC back in the days, and give the best immersion possible, while implementing the best mod features: Total Freeplay, Improved A-Life, New Levels, Extended Main Storyline, Reality Enhancement and Graphics Improvement.
This mod works properly only with 1.0005 patch and it was tested only with that patch!
You need to start a new game with no additional mods installed!
How to install?
1. Remove all mods from your stalker game folder! Don’t mix the files with other mods! However if you had a clean Oblivion Lost 3.1 install (with or without Graphical Addon and/or Artifact Hunters DLC), you can simply overwrite everything with this new version!
2. Install the mod by copying the gamedata folder to your program files\thq\stalker shadow of chernobyl folder (or wherever you installed the game)! Don’t overwrite this mod gamedata with the Graphical Addon or the Artifact Hunters DLC! They are included and updated!
3. Edit the fsgame.ltx and at the gamedata line: change both variables to true (one is true by default)
4. Copy the patched XR3DA.exe to the bin folder and overwrite the original exe file with it
4. READ THE TWEAK GUIDE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!
CPU: Dual-Core 3.0 Ghz or better (Unfortunately this game doesn’t utilize more than one cores well, so it is recommended to have a CPU with as high frequency as possible. Having a Quad-Core CPU or HyperThreading doesn’t help)
RAM: 4GB DDR3 or better (The game never really uses more than 3,5 GB. Make sure your RAM has at least 1333mhz frequency or more, and preferably in dual-channel)
Graphics Card: 1GB VRAM or better (1GB should be totally enough, however the GPU must be powerful. Make sure you have at least a middle-class card, such as a Radeon R7 250 or a GTX 650. Playing on full HD resolution or higher may need even better GPU and/or more VRAM)
Hard disk: SSD with 11,2GB free space (SSD is not mandatory, but you want to play without stuttering)
Virtual memory: If you have SSD, disable virtual memory on your HDD and set it up on your SSD.
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 or better (don’t try to bother with Windows XP or any 32-bit OS)
Game version: You must apply the patched XR3DA.EXE included in this mod to allow the game to address 3,8GB RAM. It only works on 64-bit operating systems and English Worldwide 1.0005 game installation. Don’t try to install the mod in different environments!
Game settings: Full dynamic lighting with everything maxed out and turned on
Tweak settings: Force Anti-Aliasing in nVidia Control Panel / AMD Catalyst Control Center (See the detailed instructions in the tweak guide pdf)
CHANGELOG OF OL3.1 Definitive Edition:
ALL ADDONS INCLUDED
- Oblivion Lost 3.1 full mod included
- Graphical Addon included
- Artifact Hunters DLC included
- HD textures for every objects
- Better weapon textures
- Sun lighting causes more saturation on objects
- Better lighting and shadow quality
- Weather settings adjusted to the shader changes
- Water quality improved
- Foliage quality improved (needs high-level anti-aliasing!)
IMPROVED ARTIFACT ACTIVATION
- Now all artifacts have their own high quality model instead of the generic sphere with color variants
- Added new music tracks for the non-vanilla levels
- Default music volume adjusted, it was way too quiet on many levels
CHANGELOG OF OL3.1:
FIXED THE CRASHES OF OL3.0
- Fixed the bind_stalker:552:concatenate random crashes
- Fixed the savegame corruption and script error problems
FIXED THE RESPAWN PROBLEMS
- Fixed the bugs that caused insane Military respawn from thin air
- Lowered the respawn rate of mutants in Chernobyl NPP
OPTIMIZED THE SCRIPTS
- Reduced the amount of variables stored in savegame files
- Removed the offline stash looting feature (it didn’t work out well)
- Optimized the A-Life to prevent NPC's to die offline
- Reworked the Dynamic Anomalies to be less resource-intensive
- Artifact Transmutation now works again on every levels at night
- Optimized the scheme of the Cooperative NPC feature
SOLVED THE BUGS OF OPTIONAL TASKS
- Find the perfected suit: Fixed, the suit is in the tunnel
- Find the perfected pistol: Major Kuznetsov may travels to Swamp or Red Forest, time limit extended to 10 days
- Find the weapon of the Dutyer: Friar may travels to Dead City, time limit extended to 10 days
- Kill the master stalker: Master and his friends may travel to Swamp, time limit extended to 10 days
- The family rifle in the Wild Territory won’t get looted by NPC’s
- Fixed glitches of other quests and corrected some descriptions
- Created an inventory icon for the backpack
- Restored the random stash mapspots and messages
- Added options to olp_mod.script to enable/disable some features (look into it for more info)
- Disabled the NPC Robbery and Abusive Trader features
CHANGELOG OF OL3.0:
- Added levels from Clear Sky: Red Forest, Limansk, Swamp (made by Bangalore)
- Added levels from Build xr1935: Generators, Dead City, Warlab, Lab X-18 (made by Bangalore)
EXPANSION OF SHOC MAIN STORY
- After refusing to join the C-Consciousness, Marked One is going to Chernobyl NPP "Stancia2" level, that's where the new story begins by a meeting with somebody known from an other well-known mod
- The new storyline guides through the player in the added levels by a series of events, which encourage exploration while searching for key elements of the storyline
- Neutral mutants appearing in the new storyline, which you can talk and trade with. Some are just idling, guarding their leader. There is a mysterious camp of mutants where every enemy dies immediatelly upon entering it, even the enemies of the player. The camp is lead by someone who played a key role in the 1986 Chernobyl accident in real life
- A final boss is awaiting the player on the end of the story, which has tactics to kill like in MMORPG games, and his death plays a major turn in the main story
- Freeplay is of course available even after defeating the final boss, and the weather becomes less depressive when he dies
MAJOR CHANGES IN THE SHOC VANILLA LEVELS
- The faction wars were removed, the remnants of the old factions are well-hidden in small numbers
- The Military has taken control on most of the outposts and gates, they secure the Zone, just like how it would be in reality (for example, they guard the entrance of Garbage from Cordon, The Bar level from Garbage, and they also occupied the former Dark Valley bandit base and the Army Warehouses freedom base etc.)
- I removed the scripted events from Pripyat and Chernobyl NPP and replaced them with true A-Life
- I removed the portals from NPP, but added metal boxes so you can jump across the fences and jump on ladders, so most areas are still accessible but without the unrealistic portals
- All quests, descriptions, dialogs, voices, NPC's etc. are properly changed according to the new situation
- The group title of „loners” and „bandits” are renamed to simply "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.", so there are only stalkers with neutral/hostile attitude towards the player and other stalkers
EXPANSION AND IMPROVEMENT OF THE A-LIFE
- All new levels have proper A-Life, which is much more dynamic then ever before
- A huge amount of smart terrains and pathways are added, and they are dynamically activated or deactivated by certain random events or by a matter of time (for instance, maybe a mutant smart terrain is only active at night, or stalkers are changing their smart terrains cross-level and traveling between, etc.)
- Some parts of the AMK offline A-Life has been merged (thanks for AMK Team)
- The Bar is a true meeting place for stalkers, they are coming from other levels to trade with the Barkeep, usually in small groups
- Proper respawns are added for the new levels and for cutout mutants as well
- Blowouts, NPC hideouts, dynamic anomalies, dynamic weather and all important features are properly extended to the new levels
- I tried to add some kind of stealth, which resulted in a not perfect, but quite good feature. NPC's are less likely to see you in the dark if your flashlight is turned off.
- NPC's are using grenade launchers and select their best available weapon and ammo (I took this feature from the old russian „Bak aka Rulix AI mod”)
- NPC's are doing artifact transmutations and they are also selling the new artifacts
- Some NPC's at certain conditions are trying to rob you. It is turned off by default, but you can enable it in xr_motivator.script by setting the robbery variable to true
- NPC’s that are not friendly or unique are trying to rob you during trading if you have more then 50.000 rubels. You can turn this feature on in olp_mod.script by setting the abusive variable to true
- The cooperative NPC feature is still there, but only stalkers with the same experience will join you, so no veterans will follow you if you are a rookie etc. (I used „Red75’s Coop Mod” as a base). You can give commands to your followers to either follow you or stay where they are, and they will all act as one
REALISM AND SURVIVAL IMPROVEMENTS
- You can only use one medkit at one time, and your health is slowly recovering. You can't speed it up by consuming more medkits, you need to wait for a bit to be able to use an other medkit again (I took the base feature from an old russian mod called „Slow Medicine Mod” and it was also improved)
- Maximum inventory weight is decreased to 40kg, so you can only carry your most important equipment
KNOWN ISSUES AND FURTHER IMPROVEMENT POTENTIALS
- The PDA Global Map is not perfect. Dead City, Generators and Red Forest has aligment issues on the map which we were unable to fix. In those 3 levels the level map is rotated, and it looks like if you would be on the other side of the level. It is weird but the level changer markings are fortunately well placed, so you will find your path and proceed to next levels without problems
- In some cases when I killed the final boss during testing, the arrow pointer on the minimap marked the level changer to the Warlab instead of Chernobyl NPP. This is a glitch, just ignore it and move to ChNPP.
- The new storyline is not as detailed as the vanilla one. Quest NPC's are only telling you the most important things, and there are no voice acting and no cutscenes added.
- No side-quests added to the new levels, although some vanilla NPC’s that are targeted by optional quests maybe found in the new levels.
- The Warlab level is very hard. You must advance move by move, killing mutants one by one where possible. Avoid being overwhelmed by a swarm of hostile creatures. Maybe I made it too hard.
- The new levels are only accessible after refusing the C-Consciousness and the new storyline has begun, I made it that way to avoid conflicts with the vanilla storyline. I am sure it can be changed and harmonized with the vanilla story together by a lot of effort. Feel free to work on it.
- The cooperative NPC's are looting offline even during the loading screen between levels, so they might have a different look upon arrival.
- The neutral mutant in Chernobyl NPP can only talk and trade with you if you stand in front of him, otherwise the „talk” option doesn’t appear if you approach him from side or from behind.
CHANGELOG OF OL2.0 & 2.1 & 2.2
- Although you can follow the storyline, it is not necessary, you can explore all vanilla levels without completing them, but you must have the decoder to be able to get to Monolith Control and NPP Stancia2.
- Removed the scripted blowout from Stancia1 and the dead zone from Stancia2, so you can explore the whole Power Plant.
- The true ending video was removed, the game is open-ended, you can make your way back to the previous levels anytime.
- New level changers (NPP Stancia2 to Control Room, Control Room to Sarcophagus, Sarcophagus to NPP Stancia1, NPP Stancia1 to Pripyat, Cordon to Dark Valley).
- Now almost everything can happen, there's a chance to meet any NPC on any level.
- Sometimes the army raids, sometimes they don't, this is totally random, too.
- The mutants are making their way through the Zone in big hordes.
- The mutants are entering places where they could not enter before, so there's an increased chance to meet them in npc populated areas.
- Sometimes you may happen upon unique situations, it can be very hard or even funny.
- You will not have the same situations 2 times on the same level.
- The respawn can be very random, there's a chance to meet different types of mutants then before.
- The bugs of the older versions and the vanilla bugs have been corrected, now you won't see any failed quests and Quest NPC's who die before you can complete their quests, also the vanilla respawn is working properly and balanced.
- All weapons are stronger and well-balanced.
- Almost all weapons are able to attach addons.
- Added realistic sounds to the weapons, rounds, ammos, materials and environment.
- NPC's can bleed, if they are hurt they fall down to the ground and if they don't receive any medkits within a minute, they die.
- Bandages and foods don't heal the actor.
- The average bleeding doesn't stop by itself, only the minor.
- Added realistic head-bobbing to the actor when he is heavily wounded.
- Well-balanced armor degradation.
- The crosshair is reduced to a dot.
- New sniper weapon scopes.
- There is a huge difference between day and night, you can sneak in the pitch black, but it's not very easy, I had to make a compromise between a good stealth and bugfree npc behaviour.
- If the actor turns on the flashlight at night, then his enemies spot him immediately.
- Reduced the sound volume of the Knife, now it's a dangerous and invisible weapon during night, presumably the NPC's won't notice the actor if he is smart enough.
- The quality of the weapons which are looted from corpses is generally very bad.
- The NPC's can avoid anomalies.
- The NPC's can throw grenades.
- The NPC's can use medkits, heal themselves and each other.
- The NPC's can upgrade and replace their armor and they will collect suits and weapons found laying about.
- There are no dead NPC's around campfires, but if someone dies near one, the campers will drag the corpse away.
CONTROLLER ZOMBIFIES THE STALKERS
- The controller can take control on the NPC's and lead them against his enemies.
- If an NPC is inside the controller's aura, then he will immediately become zombified.
- When the controller dies, then "controlled" NPC's will return to normal.
- There are 24 hour cycle weathers in all levels.
- The night is dark and scary.
- Restored the Sun and the Moon.
- Atmospheric sky textures.
- In NPP Stancia2 the weather is always rainy and cloudy, it fits in to the atmosphere of the Nuclear Plant.
- The blowout is totally random, you never know when it will happen.
- There are many hideouts in each level, but carrying antirad is very important.
- The NPC's are running to hideouts, while being attacked they fire back. At the end of blowout they return to usual places. They protect the hideouts from enemies.
- The strength of the blowout is always stronger and stronger if you are closer to the NPP. In the NPP blowouts are deadly, you must run down to the Sarcophagus (Monolith Control) as soon as you can.
- The mutants lie on the ground during the high radiation sequence of blowouts, they feel pain from that.
- More mutants will appear after blowout and give madness to the environment.
- Artifacts will birth from anomalies after blowout.
- The blowout will continue if you save and load the game or move to an other level, you can't bypass it.
- The anomalies change their positions after blowouts.
- Stronger anomalies can appear and they can be very deadly.
- Be careful of them if you are driving cars, now the routine which you learn in the vanilla game is useless.
- Player's field of view lowers when you wear suits with masks, condensation effect (glass becomes covered with moisture)
- It's a kind of alchemy, as you can see in other rpg games. You can modify artifacts by placing them in the proper anomaly, but be careful, you can ruin them too. There are "recipes" hidden in the zone, and you need to find them, or get them with completing quests. These documents contain the solution for creating unique items, so you should read them carefully. There are different levels for artifacts, each with new features. If you are lucky, you will be able to create a new artifact with unique properties.
- Now Marked One gets tired after 30 hours of action: it begins to double your vision, etc. If you continue to play and will not sleep, Marked One will fall asleep approximately after 6 hours.
- You can't sleep for a while if you had an energy drink.
- You can't sleep during blowout.
- To sleep, use the sleeping bag in your inventory.
- Added all cutout mutants (Dwarf, Chimera, Cat, Zombie, Izlom)
- They have many different types of skins.
- Added the Psy Dog as a new mutant (with attack effector).
- Two boss enemy characters (Burer and Koshei) - they are tougher and have stronger attacks then the usual mutants.
- Added all drivable vehicles (Niva, Zaz, Kamaz, Tractor, UAZ, BTR, Moskvich).
- The vehicles don't float.
- Well-balanced driving properties.
- Added realistic engine and gear sounds to the UAZ.
DAY-NIGHT CYCLE ANOMALY BEHAVIOUR
- The dynamic anomalies feature was already included, but only after blowouts. Now the anomalies are moving during day, they are aggressive, and don't accept artifacts for transmutations, but at night they become calmed down, don't move out from their positions, and the artifact transmutation works until the next morning, they accept them.
- There are anomalous zones where they can appear, not everywhere, so it won't kill important NPC's and won't block important pathways.
- Now there are 3 weather presets, not only one, and it's random. Also after blowout you'll have massive fog and storms, but this will switch back to normal weather after a while. Of course, you'll never see suddenly sky switches, and also added more fog and rain, but those are also random.
- ZM LR300 ML, Benelli M3 Short, Bizon, P90, FN2000 prototype, Kriss Super V, Ingram MAC10, MG3, MP7, OTS-33, PKM, PPSH-41, Saiga12c, Steyr TMP, TEC-9, BM16 Long Rifle, M-134 Minigun, AK-47.
Most of them not available at traders, you need to find them somewhere in the Zone.
CHANGED A-LIFE AFTER TRUE ENDING
After you complete the vanilla storyline, the A-Life will be changed.
As time progresses, NPCs' ranks increase, and they'll become veterans, masters, and so on.
You'll be able to meet highly skilled NPCs in certain levels (for example veteran and master bandits advancing from Dark Valley, Exo and Seva loners in Cordon, etc.). They also have very good equipment, for example you may meet enemies in earlier levels with LR300, AS Val, etc. Their goodies are random, so now you can forgot about the usual stalkers with novice suits and sawn-off shotguns.
You can meet certain factions anywhere you go, but it's balanced. There will be a lot of unexpected situations, and probably most of them will be dangerous.
It depends on which faction you are in. NPC’s looking for artifacts and doing transmutations, using GPS markers, although you won't see this, but you can loot them from corpses or buy from NPC’s if they sell it.
I would note that the autoquests have been disabled, and most of them turned into normal side-quests.
- Replaced main menu music.
- Main menu from the 2215 beta.
- Added the "Turn on the engine" to the options/controls (for driving vehicles).
- Added the AMK Options menu, you can disable the Suit HUD visors.
- NPC's can buy anything from the actor but in very low prices.
- All traders can repair.
- Traders sell their supplies at very high prices, but they pay very low prices for everything, now they are well-balanced.
- Finding a medkit is not so easy, also it's very expensive to purchase them.
- Shootable crows.
- You can place markers on the pda map with GPS.
- Reworked the helicopter AI. Now they use rockets and will sometimes use evasive maneuvers. If the pilot loses the player from it's FOV (Field of Vision), then it will halt it's attack and fly away.
- Antigas armors enabled.
- The NPC's can play harmonica.
- Alcolholism, don't drink too much vodka.
- Replaced some dialog sounds to russian.
- Added some songs to the camping stalkers.
- Sidequests and autoquests have no time limit.
- You can obtain the quests again after 1 day.
- In standard task of the "Kill stalker" type, now, there are several ways to end task - victim can pay for its life.
- Lots of vanilla bugfixes.
You can enter vehicles with "F" button, and ’Turn on the vehicle engine’ with whatever button you set in the options/controls menu.
If you enter the BTR with "F" button, press the "L" button to open the windows. The ”L” button is for switching on/off the lamp of the normal vehicles anyway.
FEATURES BY AMK:
- Anomaly evasion
- Restored the Sun and the Moon
- Dynamic anomalies
- Dynamic HUD
- Artifact transmutation
- Sleeping Bag
- Victim can pay for its life
- Shootable crows
- Reworked helicopter AI
- Controller zombify the stalkers
- Usable backpack
FEATURES BY OTHER MODDERS:
- Rookie Skinpack (thx for WhatPayne)
- Custom mutant and bandit models (thx for Jketiynu)
- Stalker Skies (thx for Cambragol)
- Flannel Jacket Bandit Skin (thx for KnifeInFace)
- Stalker Sound Overhaul (thx for Darius6)
- Improved Sound Effects (thx for dDefinder)
- Beta-style gloves (thx for stalkermuckl)
- Ecolog zombie stalker (thx for EggChen)
- Food and bandages don't heal the actor (thx for FatRap)
- Fixed the vanilla A-life bugs (thx for bardak, NatVac)
- Fixed the vanilla waypoint bug in Army Warehouses (thx for DC-)
- Some parts of ZRP Mod included (thx for NatVac, bardak)
- M-134 Minigun (thx for SRP Team)
- Campfire bugfix (thx for bardak)
- PLR's realistic weapons 2.0 (thx for PLR)
- Lexx's Antigas armor Mod (thx for Lexx)
- Unique Chimera skin (thx for Domestos)
- AI Pack final (thx for xStream)
- Coop Mod (thx for Red75)
- Marauders scheme (thx for Red75)
- Iwer's Un-Life Mod (thx for Iwer)
- New blowout sound (thx for dezodor)
- Changes in the medic scheme (thx for Artos)
- Autoquest convertation (thx for NatVac)
- Domestos' textures (thx for Domestos)
- New LR300 texture (thx for BAC9-FLCL)
- New Minigun texture (thx for Hectrol)
- New inventory icons (thx for ZEN, Pollux, Darius6, Saint Stan, ClaySoft'65)
- Rank-based repair (thx for ClaySoft'65)
- Improved Bumpmaps (thx for Cpt. Borovich, Skullhunter, Atrocious)
- Siro's skins (thx for Siro)
- New weapons (thx for Arsenal Mod, Dester, Zereset, Gosuke, ZEN, Tambovsky, FPSBanana)
- Photo Realistic Zone 2 (thx for [TZP]LoNer1, Argus, Cromm Cruac, Artistpavel)
- Weapon textures from Autumn Aurora mod (thx for Autumnal Wanderers)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Music Expansion (thx for Sclera)
- Real Artifact Activation (thx for ColdSnake)
SPECIAL THANKS AND GREETINGS TO:
xStream, NatVac, BAC9-FLCL, Dezodor, Barin, V-Storm, Saint Stan, Allianxor, MarteenDee, ClaySoft'65, Don Reba, FFxSTALKERx, Pixel, Fatrap, Wolfehunter, Bangalore, Lucian04, Atrocious, Dev1ce, Servalion, KnifeInFace, DEXXX, nandersen, Dada4, EggChen, ZEN, Abaddon, LLSNeitrino, Hectrol, Fredy, Fulcrum, Tejas Stalker, SnipersAngel, lavandin25, thanos999, strelokgunslinger, WujekSamoZlo, Lakiza, Canzah, Emmet.Otter, lifestorock, NanoAssassin, lol3r_86, Inicuk, jootanen, nikolai11, xenotekno, Nuor, VainStarr, Ivanwah, mcmoha
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Oblivion Lost 2.2 by the OLP Team for game version 1.0004.
Version 2.2 of the Oblivion Lost mod by the OLP Team. See File Details for more info.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.