Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
[Misery 2.1] Artifact price and weight adjustment (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : [Misery 2.1] Artifact price and weight adjustment) Post Reply
Thread Options
Apr 8 2014 Anchor

In original stalker games artifacts were one of the most precious thing by which you mostly earned your money and upgraded your stuff. Artifacts are no longer a money source in Misery 2.1. Right now the gunfights with enemy npc has taken the role of an income source. I don't condemn this, in fact i really love gunfights, but i wanted to give a player an incentive to hunt artifacts, even with low tech gear. So i made this small modification. This mod should reward the brave ones,who aren't repelled to invest time, money, to start artifact hunting.

What has been changed:
-Artifact prices adjusted ranging from 50% to even 100% price buff.
-Artifact price based on the rarity and difficulty of anomalies that spawn them. Fire anomaly born artifacts are now the most expensive one, chemical are next, and the cheapest ones are gravitational and electrical anomaly artifacts.
-Lowered the weight of containers by 50%, and artifacts by 100%.
-Lead box now has the same weight as the best container[AAM].

This is my own view on this matter, based on vast experience in misery. If you feel that something could be adjusted, feel free to comment.

Installation:

Copy files to gamedata/configs/misc/items

Www59.zippyshare.com

You can also download my other small tweak, that correct artifact descriptions in terms of ballistic protection:
Moddb.com

Edit: F*ck notepad++ trolled on me and i uploaded the wrong file in the archive. Containers had not correct weight, so i uploaded the right version. Please redownload!!!

Ok to anyone who tested my little tweak ? Do you think that chemical artifacts are a little too cheap? I'm considering giving them a little price buff, especially the stone blood, as it is quite common in chemical anomalies, yet it has almost the same price as jellyfish.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Edited by: PassiveAggressive

Apr 10 2014 Anchor

Thanks Piotr! I am going to try your artifact tweak right now. I will report back to help you if you wish.

rafmc1989
rafmc1989 Marksman
Apr 14 2014 Anchor

Great job, I needed it! :thumbup:

--

Freedom member
"You have provided plenty of help to Freedom, and this has earned you the respect of Freedom fighters and their friends. But keep in mind that not everyone in the Zone is a Freedom fan."

TWCenter Thread - MISERY mod for STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Jun 14 2014 Anchor

After installing this mod, it worked the way you said it would, except that now, when I activate my Quick Release System, I do not retain the artifact container/modules on my belt. Anyone having the same issue?

Jun 21 2014 Anchor

I'm tempted to try this but some of it seems like it might go to far. like the "Lowered the weight of ... artifacts by 100%" that would mean they weigh nothing, would be very counter to Misery, even if you meant to say 50% as in half, that would be drastic especially with the price increase.

Also buffing the prices for them from 50-100% makes me wonder about the artifact quests Beard gives, which such a huge buff it would surely render all his artifact quests useless unless his rewards were also increased, in which case one could become insanely rich very quickly. I haven't done any of Beards artifact quests in Misery yet (haven't needed the money) but I doubt his Misery rewards would match the default selling price with such huge increases. Since there is no mention of it I can only presume it's been overlooked and would become moot with this mod.

Personally I'm mostly okay with the artifact prices in misery, except for the very low end cheap ones which could do with a bit more selling value since dragging 5KG back should be worth more than just a few grand. I think it might be better to have increased artifact spawn rates, especially out in the open after emissions where you could easily miss them. Also if NPCs do actually sometimes find and pick up stray artifacts there would a better chance of finding them more often on fallen bodies, such randomness in getting a free payday would be nice rather than something that is guaranteed to make you rich, which would feel more like farming. Also with a better chance of encountering a wild surprise artifact you have to consider always carrying the weight of a container or two for "just incase". Currently I have never chanced upon a stray artifact despite running around with my scanner out quite often. At the same time a better chance of a wild artifact could break up the monotony of traveling/walking, searching for them would be something to do.

Remember just because something sells for a fortune out in the world doesn't mean it's worth much at the source, just look at the people mining diamonds, they don't do it to get insanely rich, they do it because they have no other choice, the zone is about desperate people. I think more artifact spawning, especially in the wild, rather than higher prices would be a much better way to go.

MadeYouLook, I'm using only Misery 2.1 with no other mods and it's the same for me. When I use the quick release it drops artifacts from my belt along with other stuff, only used 1 artifact so don't know if it's with all or just some. So that suggests it might be something to do with Misery itself rather than this mod, though I guess a combination of both Misery and this could change it up even more.

Jun 21 2014 Anchor

Oh, okay. I guess I just never noticed/used QRS while playing vanilla. Disregard my post then. Thanks for the info!

Jun 21 2014 Anchor

Artifact hunting is still very lucrative. Every emission I make around 50-60K.

Edited by: AssassinMonLV

Jun 22 2014 Anchor

Diamond mining is nothing like what is going on in the zone. A better analogy is people flocking to a gold rush. Most Stalkers are in the zone by choice, hoping to strike it rich.

Jun 22 2014 Anchor

Noworky wrote: Diamond mining is nothing like what is going on in the zone. A better analogy is people flocking to a gold rush. Most Stalkers are in the zone by choice, hoping to strike it rich.

Have you spoken to NPCs in Misery and seen their reply. It's usually along the lines of trying to scratch together some food or to not die, the most positive example I can remember is something like hoping to make enough for better gear, nevermind striking gold or riches. In Stalker artifact hunting might be a lure getting some to enter the zone in the hope of getting rich off some artifacts, though that sure as hell is not Misery, a single tin of food can cost more than an artifact.

Sure they're in there by choice, as in out of the frying pan and into the fire, just because it's by choice doesn't mean it's ideal or even good.

Jun 23 2014 Anchor

Responses range from trying to eke out survival to trying to get lucky finding an artifact so that they can leave the zone. One thing is common to almost all of them, which is that contrary to your earlier post, Stalkers typically do have a choice, and they have chosen to try their luck in the zone. Yes, it's hard, just as it is hard to make it through a gold rush and come out of it wealthy. But people are willing to risk a lot for a chance at a better life. Unfortunately none of this makes any sense in Misery because artifacts are so underpriced compared to everything else. The fact that a tin of tuna is worth more than an artifact just proves that the economy in this mod is so skewed.

Oct 12 2017 Anchor

anyone know if this is compatible with 2.2?

Oct 12 2017 Anchor
GamerRoman wrote:

Assume that any submod that does not specifically state that it's been updated to 2.2 will not work.

Oct 12 2017 Anchor
PerXX wrote:
GamerRoman wrote:

Assume that any submod that does not specifically state that it's been updated to 2.2 will not work.

Alright I'll take that and change the values 1 by 1 myself and only cahnge the weight and prices.

I'd also like to note that the line "additional_inventory_weight" is lower in 2.2 than in the tweak file one, does that mean that the artifact weight + container has been lowered in 2.2 or the the line work together with the inv_weight? - either way I'll see what that does and only lower the inventory weight value

ZeeCapn
ZeeCapn Some Guy
Aug 26 2018 Anchor

Since the last post of this was back on October 12th, 2017, I figured I might as well throw my hat into this by changing all the values 1 by 1 and uploading a rendition of this for Misery 2.2.1 if nobody else is. I bet some people do enjoy this mod, I may take my own talents in adjusting it for people's tastes.

--

Slayer

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.