This is a patch upgrading PARADIGM WORLDS from 1.10 to 1.20 version. Please read instructions in the description.
PARADIGM WORLDS - patch 1.20 + HotFix
1. This is a patch upgrading PARADIGM WORLDS from 1.10 to 1.20 version. To make it work, first of all you need a full mod version, you can find it here -> PARADIGM WORLDS 1.10 FULL MOD
2. Download patch and copy and overwrite if needed its contents into PARADIGM WORLDS mod folder.
3. If you encounter any issues please post comment in the main comments section or here.
4. If you do not want to download patch and mod separate, you can try subscribing mod in your Steam account (of, course if you have a Steam version of Warband).
5. Unfortunately this patch is NOT SAVE GAME compatible. Due to fixes to the world map, balance changing fixes (like world armies sizes, recruitment system...) it was not possible to make it work. It is possible to play using old save game, but it is very likely possible that at some point game will start to crash.
- Order Troops DO reinforce your castle or town
- Order troops do not reinforce anyone imprisoned
- small fixes to troop tree: Technomages
- morale and routing should work better if not for 100% now [you can set in ON/OFF in Paradigm Menu]
- FACTION EDITOR changes: changing faction in editor executes INSTANT: new faction recruits in villages, castles and towns. Also lord get brand new party of new faction troops - INSTANTLY. Exception: Lords that visit castle or town at the time of editing are not being affected, to keep game stable as possible.
- moving on a world map. Party size influence speed a lot more. Skills LOGISTIC and SURVIVAL are affecting speed as well. In plain areas like plains, steppes more important is Logistics (2:1), but in harsh areas like forest, snow, desert it is Survival that helps you more (2:1 in favor of Survival)
- generally speed is increased for small parties and lowered for huge parties, unlike in vanilla, lords or leaders skills affect party speed!
- World map has been fixed in areas that parties get stuck
- Balance of information you get on screen. Battlefield Info: 0,1,All
- small fixes here and there that generally should help with game performance on a world map
- crouching position works as intended, ie. without 'T-pose'
- I also forgot to add that from version 1.10 you can experience better battlefield performance. Great thanks for that to mr Jacob Hinds who created this 'morale mod', easy to calculate for pc morale that works surprisingly good. Details of whole idea: Forums.taleworlds.com
- in-game battle size: each point gives more units on the battlefield, there also more waves or reinforcement [for a low-end PC you can reduce battle size below 'usual' numbers]
- there is a new modifier to relations with all living beings, a 'racial modifier'. Each race has a + or - mod ranging from 1 to 7. When to troops meet they calculate their relation as in vanilla, but with
new racial mod multiplied. (example: skeleton mod is -4, human mod is 3: when two skeletons meet = -4 X -4 = 16 (their relation modifier is +16 to what vanilla would calculate, when human male meets skeleton = 3 X -4 = -12 so their effective relation is -12). In CONCEPT page in the game notes you can find detailed list of each race modifier value.
- game options like: damage to player, combat ai, combat speed, damage to friends, campaign_ai do have impact on 'after-battle' xp and gold gain. More or less with hardest settings on you get X3 of gold and xp. Please note, that game options are being used to calculate events like damage/doomsday in a slightly different way, so options have more impact on game play itself. Battle size does not affect this bonus or malus to make it fair with lower-end pc owners.
- new states screens - if you get critically wounded / manipulated by Persuadraton - there is an additional 'overlay' screen (like blood splashes around you, or digital number in case of being hacked)
In general patch 1.20 aim was to provide fixes to 1.10 that was overloaded with features. Paradigm Worlds will develop in this direction for a while, to be sure that it works as good as possible.
Thank you for all your comments and suggestions. Every comment, each remark, report helps improving the mod.