World with mix of many different nations. Imagine Star Wars fighting with Sauron, Steampunk conspiring against XV century Europe, Aliens fighting Djiniis, Orc fighting Morloks, Uruks fighting agains Alien Pirates! Swords, Axes, Lightsabers, Flintlock, Laser Cannons, Plasma Blasters, Arqebusiers, Blunderbuses, Antique Shields and Energy Fields, Crossbows, Magic Staves and Bows, Arrows, whatever you can imagine - now in one, huge mod with exceptional mechanics. What is it? This is Paradigm Worlds mod for Mount and Blade: Warband.
Absolutely new version of mod! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE DESCRITION because there are many important changes to the gameplay.
CHANGELOG will give most important info:
- new world map
- 3 new cities, 3 new castles, some villages
- new races: dwarf, vampire, mutant
- few different companions (still 30)
- ships, available to player, minor parties, but not lords
- sailing can be very good way of travelling because of great speed of ships
- Scouts, Patrols, Mercenaries can be given orders (escort, patrol certain places) by player. Player has to be a leader of his kingdom.
- new parties: Corsairs, Angry Dwarves, Escaped Mutants, Vampires, Vampire Hunters
- ORDERS! There are 6 orders with implemented. Orders have own ranks, can reinforce lord's parties. Lords (and player) can establish and upgrade orders. Player can also hire orders like mercenaries parties and give them orders on world map (screen me, escort, engage and so on).
- If you want to know more about orders, go to any big city where there order is established and speak with Order Diplomat. They have many useful info about everything that have something with orders.
- Each Order has its own weapons, armors and beasts. (all new items)
- Beasts are huge, powerful monster, like faction bossess. They have exceptionally powerful armors, and amazing weapons, like cannons. You can watch them or hire if you are a lord of your order. Still - to get more info speak with Order diplomats in the town's courts.
Weimear Reich has fallen! Hail to new risen faction!
- Necrocorp - mix of undeads and futuristic syndicate wars agents!
- Campaign AI Fixes and Tweaks - thanks to motomaru - This AI map improvement changes a lot. Lords are more active, agressive. No more staying in castles and waiting for Christmas.
- Rebalancing of items and factions (NOT balancining) Lots of new Firearms and other ranged weapons like Energy Lances, new factions changed some rules, needed to rebalance world a little.
- At TOWN's courts you will meet "sacerdotes" - healers and magicians. They can raise party's morale, sell medicine, but most importantly HEAL your party (thx to idibil for the code)
- Quest rewards greatly increased, now they matter again
- Modern Soldiers like STAR GATE now are better (as requested by players)
- However there are Orders which are exceptionally powerful
- There are also new parties like Mutants, Angry Dwarves, Corsairs, so balance of power also have changed.
- OUTLAWS Faction become more important and powerful. Most of new parties are OUTLAWS. You can buy and sell with ranspom brokers like with any other merchants, BUT if you have low honour or are in good terms with OUTLAWS (which is possible contrary to Native). The same for hiring troops from Ransom Brokers.
- World is far more dangerous now, so Freelancer module is getting more important choice for a start.
- Moving on world map - Now speed on the world map differs far more than before. Pathfnding becomes one of the most important skill, as it has great impact on map speed.
- moving on water depends on new skill: SAILING
- I think that whole NECROCORP faction is inteestng because of new weapons, and mounts. But above all is new item of their best agent: PERSUADRATON. They can persuade (only on battlefield, and only for time of one battle) enemies to join your party! Player and companions can also use persuadraton, as it is a normal item, like sword or dagger. By the way, name of their persuading agent is Necrocorp Neuromancer.
- There are several new weapons, firearms, funny horror stuff like mutants.
Because of new power balance:
- Renaissance can upgrade to every level soldier from basic, and has lowest levels of soldiers -> they upgrade fast, and -> recruit can upgrade to elite (this is only faction which can do it)
- Morloks elite troops can throw grenades now
- STAR GATE troops can be imprisoned now
- TECHNOMAGES wages are a lot higher now
- ship hiring cost are different for each place (richer places have higher prices for boats)
- updated info for formations, for better AI fights
- new food/goods modifiers, that have impact for example on party's morale
- now imprisoned faction leaders can be forced to make peace
- To establish Orders/hire beasts you need item called "Order License" - you can acquire it by: capturing kings of facitions, bossess of minor factions. (speak with them when they will be your prisoners)
- player starts with one order license (worth 40K) you can sell it and have easy start or keep it to Establish your own order, choice is yours
SOME CHANGES TO LOOK OF THE GAME:
- reworked townspeople, now in villages walks dwarves, elves, and so on.
- reworked textures for towns, villages and so on
Also: many tweaks and changes requested by players.
This was hardest time for me as a creator. I wanted to make new version fun, fresh (as it is possible), interesting, with new creative weapons of (also) mass destruction.
I worked 6-8 hours after my daily work, 12-16 hours a day on every free day, or weekend. I lost a lot of time by trying some codes, creating weapon that you will never see, because I found they are not good enough. I had to learn many new things, as map creating, new coding, well it was a fun but also a hard work.
There was a time at start, when I failed to create good code for new factions, when I wanted to quit. I was disappointed on my lack of ability... but then I got a lot comments from You guys (and I hope girls :) ) and after some thinking, and also critic comments (for example on dull faction of Weimear) I understood that t is better for me to create orders, then I wanted to give you some new parties as Corsairs, mutants, dwarves. So there are no new factions, but you have 6 totally new and ready to fight for you or other lords Orders.
Anyway, what I wanted to say is:
I didn't find any major issues, or game-breaking errors, all minor bugs I tried to eliminate. All I did was as good as I could with given abilities and time.
PLEASE make savegames, in different slots. Send comments on what's good or bad. This version has implemented maaaaaaany changes or improvements that You suggested. Still, I can't say for sure, that everything is right.
I saw some flickering textures, companions have still old dialogs, and - yes I know - as much I like this chaos - this game needs some balancing, especially for items.
Probably you will suggest that there are too less order licenses (needed to establish order or hire order beasts). Well, we'll see about that.
To be honest I am very happy with this version, but also very interested in your comments. So... see ya.
Delete old mod folder and unpack new one. Savegames are NOT compactible.