Initial Story (Main Campaign)
2049. Unsavory conditions are rampant throughout the world. As soon as it becomes clear that a terrorist attack in Shenzhen, China, was carried out by perpetrators with ties to international groups and that Hong Kong may be their next target - the United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition (UNATCO) dispatches their first nano-augmented agent, Mad Ingram, into the city to prevent the situation from escalating any further.
Initial Story (Epilogue DLC)
2052. The Gray Death epidemic is spreading like wildfire across the world. UNATCO Agent Mad Ingram has been ordered to kill Greg Powell - a wanted international terrorist reportedly in possession of illegally acquired ambrosia. Currently hiding somewhere in the American city of North Monroe, agent Ingram has to get rid of Powell and secure the ambrosia before it's too late.
DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum is a First Person Shooter mod set in an alternate Deus Ex continuity. It features made-from-scratch original content while also extensively featuring material from the UNATCO Born mod (used with permission from fender2k1, UB's project leader) and Deus Ex: Revision (2011 build - used in accordance with the mod's license).
* Over 18,000 downloads since 2013
* The main campaign features a new musical score by RetroXor with 80+ tracks (over 2 hours of music). The Training and Epilogue DLCs feature music by Denis [KaMiKaZe] Melnik, Logan Felber and Elektronalin.
* 2,500+ lines of dialogue (roughly four hours of audio)
* 8-15 hours of gameplay (includes DLC - estimates based on testers' playthrough times)
* Two new weapons: Paratrooper Rifle and XVA Assault Gun (w/ EMP ammo) in addition to a new Glock variant
- Exploration is essential! Treat the levels as mazes and prepare for back-tracking!
- Save often and use several savegame slots! This will hopefully save you a lot of time when it comes to handling certain odd issues.
- Encrypted datacubes: Remember, once you've hacked an encrypted datacube, you have to click on it again to make the datacube information window disappear.
- General rule on hacking: Keep in mind that you do not need this skill to advance the main plot itself. However, its general usefulness cannot be underestimated!
Because of the millions of different hardware and software combinations possible with today's personal computers, under no circumstances including negligence shall FastGamerr or anyone else be held liable for any incidental, special, consequential or any other damages that may result from the use or inability to use this mod/add-on content.
The time has come. The Fifth Anniversary Update for DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum is now officially completed.
Enormous thanks to SilverSpook, James 'Jblade35' Stanfield, HowlingWolf(Gleb), Nick Weeks, Jon Gilson, Jeff Webber, DukeNukem 2417 and Brandon C. Hovey for providing voice acting for the DLC - and to |Totalitarian| for all his coding help!
Obviously: enormous thanks to everyone who has helped me with this mod in the past 14 years!
The original 2013 download for the mod was replaced with the Fifth Anniversary Update for good on February 28th 2018. However, further patches and other additional content still might be released for this mod in the future, so stay alert!
Who knows what lurks behind the corner...
All in all: it was a pleasure for me to once again make a return to the best game ever made: Deus Ex.
Cheers, everyone! I wish you all the best. :]